Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineResolute
drugprofessional
Male User Gallery

Loc: Auckland, New Zealand
Miracle on mushroom st.
    #3541254 - 12/25/04 02:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Merry Christmas all,

I have great news for Aucklanders, after a great feast today I ventured off to my local golf course for a walk, half an hour later I was staring in bewilderment at two small Psilocybe Subaeruginosa mushrooms.

Seeing as how odd out weather has been lately (nearly past the first month of summer, not one day without at least a shower so far) I shouldn't be as surprised as I am, maybe I'm just overwhelmed.

It all started when I noticed among many other types of mushrooms there was a very healthy and large patch of Stropharia aurantiaca. I have found these mushrooms many times before very close to my Ps. Subaeruginosa patches.

I ventured over to a spot 10 minutes away and after initially finding nothing I carefully checked underneath a bush right beside the spot where I have found many mushrooms before. I immediately saw two small but healthy subs, one was about 15mm tall with a 8-9mm cap still fully attached to the stem (same way a pinner looks) and the other was about 30% smaller. There was strong bluing on the smaller mushroom at the base, this left me with no doubt they were subs.

We look like we have a week of rain ahead of us so hopefully this will keep the mushrooms alive, all the other mushrooms seem to going well.

I am going to try and get ahold of a camera as soon as possible to take pictures of these mushrooms.

Obviously mushrooms aren't going to start popping up left right and center but I thought I would post this unusual find for any kiwis roaming the boards.

Talk about a great Christmas present!

--------------------
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones"

Albert Einstein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
Re: Miracle on mushroom st. [Re: Resolute]
    #3542881 - 12/25/04 10:02 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

sounds like you had a good find.:)

(just a thought couldnt you transplant the mushrooms to a safer and closer area to you)

merry christmas

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Miracle on mushroom st. [Re: Resolute]
    #3543703 - 12/26/04 05:21 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, strange weather, never heard of the N. and S. hemisphere woodlovers fruiting at the same time.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification