Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecelsius

VERY DISAPPOINTED @ SPORECHICKS
    #353823 - 07/12/01 04:35 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

damn... I don't want to eat these mushrooms. I will die if I do.

Edited by celsius on 08/02/01 11:10 AM.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBrownPastures
old hand

Loc: here
Re: VERY disappointed @ Sporechicks =( [Re: celsius]
    #353828 - 07/12/01 04:44 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Last time i checked spores were illegal in California.. Good luck... why don't you try PF ???

"A Wise One like me should not charge for her services....The one who charges is a liar. The wise one is born to cure, not to do business with her knowledge."-Maria Sabina

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #353835 - 07/12/01 04:59 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

i guess youre talking about prints. ive ordered syringes from them and ive never got a contam. ive emailed them before and they always respond soon. theyre probably hiding something like something went wrong i guess. it sucks to be you :) i also live in cali and ive emailed people about ordering from them and theres a big company that will ship to california that i know of. i dont think i should say the name on a board like this but if you pm me i will tell you.

Why am i surrounded by idiots???

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

InvisibleTerrarium_Guy
Sensei

Loc: ...beyond the sun...
    #354048 - 07/13/01 06:03 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I have been waiting 6 weeks for an order from SporeChicks. I have noticed that most people on this board stand up for them when they are badmouthed here. Bad business is bad business no matter what pathetic excuse is given. 6 weeks for an order is unacceptable business practice. They also do not return emails and just plain ignore you. I know some of you guys out there stick up for them vand will trash me for telling the truth. But the truth is they suck and are losing their market share to the rest of the vendors out there.

ATTENTION NEWBIES: Do not order from SporeChicks! Choose a more reputable vendor like PF or HawksEye.

Sorry guys but they have it coming. Enough is enough. How long can this go on?

Its dark and humid in here. Just me and my fungus.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Loc: R'lyeh
    #354054 - 07/13/01 06:48 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

The SporeChicks responded to me yesterday. I'd try them again if I were you. Don't geuss I'll get into the contents much but they did offer to replace anything I was unsatisfied with and of course I was unsatisfied with the syringes that may/may not have caused the loss of all 38 of my jars. Despite the contents of the email and me being new to cultivation I am still almost sure it's the syringes. I do want to be SURE though and I really have no wish to stain someone's record. I went a bit off in my first posts when I found out it was most likely the syringes...sorry about that, but it was alot of work I put into it that went to TOTAL waste. If it was my fault I want to know so I can do it the right way next time(if there is a next time), but frankly I don't see what else I could do if it was my fault. PF tek was followed...MM filter discs used(3 with metal lids ..same pink contam) Different substrate material(BRF) was used on both batches. On the second batch the substrate materials were baked at 325 F* then mixed before sterilization. Needle was flamed between jars...first batch was innoculated using Oven Tek second batch using a 99.97% filter glove box. Even after all this the same pink contam showed up at EVERY SINGLE INNOCULATION POINT on ALL 38 JARS. It starts off in small specks on the BRF and quickly spreads with the mycelium. When I foolishly attempted to birth them the pink bacteria grew even worse making the whole cakes look purple/pink. A couple showed what looked like dead black pins that didn't grow at all. So tell me someone that is learned ...was it me or the syringes? I REALLY need to know for sure....if it was me I will probably give it up because I did everything I was supposed to and then some. If cultivating is this damn hard I don't want any part of it...

"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."

--------------------
"That is not dead which may eternal lie..and with strange eons even death may die."
Vote Great Cthulhu for President. Why vote for a lesser evil?

Offlinelucid_dreams
journeyman
Loc: the great plains
Re: VERY disappointed @ Sporechicks =( [Re: Great_Cthulhu]
    #354081 - 07/13/01 07:57 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

it took me a month before i got my syringe from them they
replyed to all three of my emails the next day i only
boiled my jars for an hour(one batch got a little brown on
the bottom so i disscarded the really bad ones, only two)
i inocculated 4 days ago and all are showing alot of growth
this is my first time and im very happy :) maybe its the
strain i got the b strain( but then again im just a
newbie:))

--------------------

when injecting rust, sniff lunar dust
>>>>>>>>>>>>MIND YOUR HEAD<<<<<<<<<<<

Anonymous

Re: VERY disappointed @ Sporechicks =( [Re: lucid_dreams]
    #354105 - 07/13/01 09:07 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yep, I had bad syringes too. Guess what, no email responses and no new syringes as promised. Stick with the FSR or THE.

You suck but your mammas still sweet - support the FSR

Offlinecelsius

Re: VERY disappointed @ Sporechicks =( [Re: lucid_dreams]
    #354226 - 07/13/01 12:53 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I guess I will attempt to email Sporechicks again. Hopefully I will get a response from them this time otherwise I would have wasted my $40 for the syringes, about $30 for my quart jars, $20 for my rye berries, countless hours of pressure cooking, waiting... you know what they say... time is money...

Sporechicks... if you are reading this, please respond to my email. I would like to regain my trust in you ladies. I have heard lots of good stuff about you ladies but recently I have heard lots of negative feedback about your service. Thanks...

- Celsius

Offlinecelsius

#355143 - 07/15/01 12:33 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

BUMP **

Just wanted to let all of you know. SPORECHICKS ARE SHADY!! They still haven't replied back to my email. What fucken shady business. NEVER order from Sporechicks!! If you're reading this Sporechicks.. PM me!!! I want my replacement syringes!!

- Celsius

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

#355219 - 07/15/01 02:36 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Be easier with them..I know your annoyed..as am I somewhat, but I'm sure they didn't really intend to send anyone contaminated syringes. Apparently they did, but I'm sure it was NOT intentional and probably a very rare occurance with them. Give them 2-3 days to respond to your email...if they don't email again. They told me they recieve loads of emails everyday. Some may be missed unintentionally.

--------------------

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #355225 - 07/15/01 02:43 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

GC I agree with you on the letting them have a little time to respond BUT This has gone on for 2-3 months now that is plenty of time. I to have the pink death mold from 8 syringes all contaminated 4 GT and 4 EQ's and did not post it until now I have 6 jars still sitting here nice and pink. (but I have no digi cam only a web cam)
I wasted 80.00 and now find out I could die from this contamination. I do not want mine replaced.
A refund would be nice but I am not counting on it.
I will hold these jars until this is over I am going to seal them in a vaccum bag to protect myself and family, incase someone should cry scam.
Enough is enough this has gone on to long now.

I am interested in knowing what other strains were like this.

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores
----------------------------------------------
Donations to the shroomery
www.paypal.com (Account thor@shroomery.org)

Edited by dimitri211 on 07/15/01 03:49 PM.

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

Re: VERY disappointed @ Sporechicks =( [Re: dimitri211]
    #355238 - 07/15/01 03:03 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

They responded to me within a day of my email. No real response from my second email as yet, but I had asked for replacement's and resent my addy to them. Perhaps they will replace them with I hope(pray) sterile spore syringes. Their first email response to me implied I was probably the cause of the pink contamination...which now I believe is almost impossible. Perhaps they didn't know the depth of the situation and how many people that have recently ordered from them got hit with this same damn pink bacteria. You mentioned something about this pink bacteria being toxic? What do you mean? I'd like a label to the stuff if anyone knows the actual name of it.
The strains that were contaminated with me were TC's and EQ's. 2 syringes each both with the same pink contam.

--------------------

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #355239 - 07/15/01 03:09 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Between you and I we have had 5 contaminated syringes all of Eq's
This is a patern as far as I can tell. pink purple mold
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Contams&Number=355237&Forum=All_Forums&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=1day&Main=355098

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Edited by dimitri211 on 07/15/01 04:12 PM.

Offlinecelsius

#355322 - 07/15/01 04:47 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

DAMN... if Ryche never told us about this form of contamination, lots of us would be dead from eating damn shrooms that came from the Sporechicks. It's not like we could sue them if we came down with mennigitis. Fuck... what have the Sporechicks come to? Trying to poison us!! It's conspiracy I'm telling you. haha.. jk Fuck.. might as well send us syringes and prints of the Amanita phalloides mushroom. Damn newbie wouldnt know the difference anyways....

- Celsius... still pissed @ sporechicks.. shady ladies...

Edited by celsius on 07/15/01 05:51 PM.

OfflineJesusWeed
Loc: mid south
    #355332 - 07/15/01 05:03 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Mine was Mexican Cubbies, I have got another syringe....that I guess I will not be using now.

Peace

http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

#355442 - 07/15/01 09:23 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

It's not mold. It's bacterial...unfortunately so is Spinal Meningitis. I have no idea if 'this' particular pink contam is a cause(there are several), but better safe than sorry. There are 2 types of meningitis..viral and bacterial. It's the bacterial meningitis that is the bad stuff. I don't know about a 98% fatality rate though...if bacterial meningitis is caught early enough it can usually be eradicated with antibiotics...though sometimes causing brain damage. Nasty stuff.... My family is composed of 4 people in the medical field I know a bit about it. Anyways all the pink jars were trashed tonight. Jars and all. What a waste.

--------------------

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #355460 - 07/15/01 10:05 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

GC Maybe if it is not to much trouble you could give us a little more info on meningitis and maybe a sign or symptoms to watch out for.
This may be a little dramatic but better safe then sorry.

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

InvisibleGreat_Cthulhu
enthusiast

#355487 - 07/15/01 11:05 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ok no problem..
Meningitis is the inflamation of the meninges which are the membranes that cover your brain and spinal cord. There are many different micro-organisms that can cause this...viral and bacterial. Viral meningitis is relatively harmless and is more like catching the flu for a week or so leaving no after effects. The micro-orgranisms that cause it must enter into your bloodstream somehow...usually from an infection you have elsewhere like sinuses or ears. Sometimes from head wounds such as a skull fracture. I suppose it 'could' transfer to you from a cut if you touched it to infected material and the cut gets infected. Viral meningitis is non-life threatening as I said and does not require treatment..but we aren't worried about the viral type eh. Bacterial meningitis is much much more serious. It can and most likely will kill you if left untreated. However if it is caught early massive doses of intravenous antibiotics can usually kill it...though sometimes causing brain damage...probably depends on how soon you notice it and get it treated also how well/fast the antibiotics wipe out the infection. As for symptoms... meningitis depending on the type can cause headaches,vomiting, high fever. A more telltale sign is a stiff/sore neck and an unusual sensitivity/dislike to light(like going out in the sun and it's too bright for you). I believe those 2 symptoms occur with all types of meningitis though I'm not a doctor myself...if anyone here is feel free to shoot in some facts. With meningococcal meningitis(most common bacterial type) the symptoms begin to appear within a few hours sometimes followed by sleepyness ..sometimes loss of consciousness. With other types the main symptoms can take longer to appear. That's about it...if I were anyone here on this board and got a bacterial contamination in ANY jars of ANY type I'd just throw it the hell out if I wasn't absolutely SURE what it was. It's my new rule for the future. There are lots of nasty bacteria... and there are many different types of bacteria that cause meningitis and other unpleasant illnesses. As is often said better safe than sorry.

Edited by Great_Cthulhu on 07/16/01 12:16 AM.

--------------------

Invisibledimitri211
Carpal Tunnel
    #355527 - 07/15/01 11:57 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ask and you shall recieve great That was very helpfull and I hope more people read it. And understand it.
Thank you D

www.thehawkseye.com
Sacred Mushroom Spores

Offlinecelsius

#355581 - 07/16/01 02:07 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

After emailing Sporechicks a couple of times I finally got a reply. I already ordered from Lilshopofspores.com and now I have extra syringes. Look for a future contest which I will be hosting and giving away these extra syringes of EQ.

- Celsius

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate