Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMiastor
journeyman
I'm perplexed...
    #354099 - 07/13/01 10:44 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

OK, heres the deal. i'm using a "poor man's terrerium" ( just a coke bottle with damp paper towel in bottom) to grow some shrooms. the cakes i have in a cooler terrerium have not fruited after 3 weeks, and neither has the one in the coke bottle. BUT, mycelium grew onto the paper towel, covering it to the top. out or THIS, not the cake, pins are forming. why??? can the paper towel support the shrooms, and why will they form our of it but not the cake? anybody got any ideas?thanks guys, miastor

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: I'm perplexed... [Re: Miastor]
    #354118 - 07/13/01 11:21 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

> can the paper towel support the shrooms
Well, the mycelium still pumps most of the energy out of the cake, the paper towels give it moisture. It is possible that the shrooms will develop normal. Keep doing what you were doing till now.

---------------------------------------
kickme.to/mushrooms

OfflineMattyB
enthusiast
    #354119 - 07/13/01 11:21 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

If you're just using the paper towel as your source of moisture, then the cake has probably dried out. Chances are your cakes in the terrarium are dry too. You haven't given a lot of info., but are you misting daily? What's your source fof humidification in the terrarium?

The pins are forming on the paper towel because that's where the moisture is. Try using the PF double ended casing tek to rehydrate the cakes: take sterilized and well-moistened vermiculite and spread about a quarter inch over the top of the cake. Then put some inside a jar lid and place the cake directly on the vermiculite. Keep misting a few times a day and watch your pinheads appear...

OfflineTHEKind
Stranger
Loc: NH
Re: I'm perplexed... [Re: Anno]
    #368077 - 08/07/01 09:18 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I am having the same problem with my poor man's terrarium, but there are some healthy looking shrooms growing off the paper towel and the seem to be slightly connected to the cake but none are growing directly off the cake :( Well my question is that the paper towel has colored dyes, will the shrooms be okay and normal to eat?? Just wanted to make sure......

OfflineTHEKind
Stranger
Loc: NH
Re: I'm perplexed... [Re: THEKind]
    #369001 - 08/08/01 10:09 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Here's some pictures taken just a few minutes ago.....They are pf hawiian grown in a poor man's terrainium (last attempt w/ air bubblier into water was discovered by mom and destroyed after havesting a few flushes of both hawiian and albino) Well they seem okay to me, a little darker than previous hawiians, smell kinda strong/awkward after being in the hot ass attack all day, but if theres anybody who has grown hawiians just tell me if they look normal to you...I was just worried about the colored dyes in the moist paper towel they are growing off of.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
    #369009 - 08/08/01 10:19 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i put my cakes on top of a layer of verm (my cake sculpture) and there are more shrooms growing out of the verm then there is on the cakes (about 10 on the verm and 4 on the cakes). it is becuase of the miosture in the cakes compared to the verm. if i were you i would 1) take the lid of the half pint jar you used and cover it in saran wrap. 2) put the cake and paper towl and gently on top of the lid, and then add a layer of miost verm on top of the paper towl, and another layer on top of the cake (double ended casing) you will prolly have to miosten the verm with a handsprayer often since youre cake is most likely dry. thats all

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: I'm perplexed... [Re: THEKind]
    #369065 - 08/08/01 11:58 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

those mushrooms look fine to me... That;s all you can expect from a poor man's terrarium. You want better shrooms? Case.

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation