Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
is bush waging ecological warfare??...
    #3539612 - 12/24/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

http://www.alternet.org/envirohealth/20843/

this link was meant as sarcasm...but an earlier pentagon report noted potential threats to US security resulting from a new ice age...the link suggests that bush is trying to turn the report on its head..which is admittedly far-flung..but not out-of-the question for bush...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3539628 - 12/24/04 02:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yes, Bush is definitely waging ecological warfare. As have all presidents in recent history. Agent orange in Nam, and anti-coca spraying in columbia are just a couple examples of the unrestrained use of chemical weapons against the ecosystem.

Last I heard, they were even talking about releasing genetically-modified bacteria and virii to help "wipe out" the coca plants in Columbia.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineClavicep
Stranger
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: trendal]
    #3539757 - 12/24/04 03:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Last I heard, they were even talking about releasing genetically-modified bacteria and virii to help "wipe out" the coca plants in Columbia.

and the columbians.....fuck bush

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #3539771 - 12/24/04 03:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There are no rules nor innocents in the war against evil. :devil:

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: psilomonkey]
    #3539783 - 12/24/04 03:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah those evil plants are really starting to piss me off :lol:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
    #3539796 - 12/24/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Indeed, it was born wicked. Speaking of which I think I have found another wicked plant, I think burning is in order.

Merry XMas BTW.

OfflineClavicep
Stranger
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: psilomonkey]
    #3539817 - 12/24/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psilomonkey said:
Indeed, it was born wicked. Speaking of which I think I have found another wicked plant, I think burning is in order.

Merry XMas BTW.

lmao

OfflineClavicep
Stranger
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Clavicep]
    #3539819 - 12/24/04 04:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

green and red, holiday colors when I burn this bush.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Clavicep]
    #3539834 - 12/24/04 04:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the tragic irony is that the part that you dont burn might become the instrument of your execution...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
    #3539893 - 12/24/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The rest of the world produces about 2/3 of the green house gases. Can we get them to stop producing them?

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Pali_Gap]
    #3539926 - 12/24/04 04:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

just wait till 10-15 years from now, when China really gets things cooking.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3539950 - 12/24/04 04:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Can we get them to stop producing them?

Can you lead by example, at least?

--------------------

Anonymous

#3540073 - 12/24/04 05:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

one reason the US has such high CO2 output is because we're using a lot of energy to make a lot of stuff. there are some countries that have cleaner industry, and pollute less per unit of production, and there are some that pollute a whole lot more.

carbon efficiency of some different countries, in terms of thousand metric tons of CO2 released per trillion dollars GDP:

7,447,743 North Korea
1,597,963 Ukraine
1,472,222 United Arab Emirates
1,093,232 Russia
1,030,708 Khazakstan
813,979 Poland
818,013 Cuba
805,681 South Africa
632,496 Australia
578,932 China
558,189 Canada
551,393 US
454,409 South Korea
416,747 Mexico
400,598 Indonesia
378,370 India
387,696 Germany
365,330 UK
335,452 Japan
307,997 Italy
241,071 Brazil
233,301 France

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: ]
    #3540160 - 12/24/04 06:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i don't think it's really a question. of course he's waging a war on the ecological. hell, even before bush America (and plenty of other fucking countries) and corporations have been waging war on the forests and the entire enviroment. timber companies, big time farmers loaded with pesticides, factories, and cars. nuclear plants....pffft...

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: trick]
    #3540221 - 12/24/04 06:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Timber companies that replant trees don't wage war on the ecology. Nor does nuclear energy, if it's stored in clay layers within the earth, thus allowing no radiation to leak. The times when nuclear waste was just dumped in the ocean are over.
If governments forced companies to produce cleaner cars (or offered tax reductions for cleaner cars), those would be less of a problem, too. Same goes for factories.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3540334 - 12/24/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Timber companies that replant trees don't wage war on the ecology.

If any clear-cutting is performed, it can take 40 or 50 years for the area to regrow to the same height. During that time, species which relied on that area can go extinct. When the section of forest regrows, it is made completely of two or three single species of tree. This comes nowhere near the number of species that were cut down. All those lost species supported hundreds to thousands of individual species...which can no longer live in that portion of forest. So I don't think clear-cutting should be performed anywhere.

There are new methods of harvesting trees that leave the forest standing by only taking specific trees that are just right for harvest. I saw a machine ones in Sweden that had a long arm on it that would grab onto a tree, cut the trunk, then gently set it down and cut it into 15' sections. With methods like that, there isn't any reason to be clear cutting anymore.

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3540519 - 12/24/04 08:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

here after replanting they usually wait 60-80 years to cut again. keep in mind logging is killing, that is not good for the environment. look at streams, soil erosion, the earth drying, and dependant species. there are many plants and fungi that can only grow from or with other certain speceis. lots are require the old growth forest situation. look at indian pipe, yellow chanterelle, pine mushrooms, candystick and so on. logging does no good except line people pockets. nothing more nothing less....and if you want to bring up forest fires, they are beneficial. many species NEED them to keep the species going. if you look at BC's recent summers think about why. we have been holding fires back for years. it needs to be burnt back every now and then to stay healthy. its a cycle we have cracked, bent, and broken.

trendal, there are reasons clearcutting is good. 1 our gov lets people do it. 2 its fast. 3 its cheap. 4 bigger return. 5 when you ship out raw logs to people who rob you its good buisness to cut lots.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Anonymous

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: kadakuda]
    #3540533 - 12/24/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

logging does no good except line people pockets.

and give people materials with which to build the homes in which they live.

:shrug:

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3540695 - 12/24/04 09:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:doh:

i'll shut up....

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3541409 - 12/25/04 02:10 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i agree with kadakuda..we can make our houses out of recycled tires and paper out of hemp :laugh: no need to cut another tree
seriously though, people generally fail to see how everything on the land is connected..animals, plants, rivers, trees, us..it all depends on a stability that is easy to upset with logging. you kill off a species of tree in one area, there are hundreds of animal species that suffer, you clear a river bank and it starts to erode, clouding the water and causing the river to run faster, preventing salmon from swimming upstream..there are so many subtleties..white-bark pine seeds are the most important food source of grizzly bears, and right now there is an epidemic killing off a lot of white bark pines because of rising temperatures..not saying that is our fault, but it shows that losing something as small and seemingly insignificant as a certain seed could kill off one of the largest mammals on earth. industry thrives on short term profits, and being short sighted when it comes to the environment is always wrong. bush's administration is contstantly siding with industry and development when it comes to forests...if that's not ecological warfare, what is? :shrug:

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Hendostan]
    #3542280 - 12/25/04 02:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
industry thrives on short term profits, and being short sighted when it comes to the environment is always wrong.

that is really what i was trying to sya, good job.

i dont disagree with logging completely, but i do completely disagree with the way they are currently doing it (at least in BC).

--------------------

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
    #3542317 - 12/25/04 02:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I disagree with logging completely,there is no longer a need for any kind of wood products.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Cosm]
    #3542575 - 12/25/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

theres never any "need", but it is going to be a rough conversion if we keep on the path we are. lets face it, construction workers are not going to be converting to hemp and soy or whatever building materials. in generalk they are so fucking stuborn, closed minded, and lazy that it just wont fly. fuck they still arnt using metric, what does that tell you?

but i agree, just too bad it probably wont happen for a while.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3542643 - 12/25/04 06:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

construction workers aren't the ones who decide what materials they will use to build a building. show me a commercially-viable wood substitute for construction. who is making hemp 2x4's right now?

what is your area of expertise? is it forestry? sustainable agriculture? construction? engineering? materials science? how come you know so much about all this?

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3542684 - 12/25/04 07:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i'm a forestry student...i don't claim to know about construction, engineering, or the logging business..i just know how unhealthy practicing of these things affects ecosystems..well i shouldn't say "i know"..I'm learning. no one knows all of anything, we're always constantly learning, constantly changing, like the land. from what i've seen, industry tends to be static instead of changing and adapting to fit new knowledge and information. we are a part of the land, not apart from it...aldo leopold :thumbup:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3543097 - 12/25/04 09:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's ridiculous to say that Bush is waging a war on the Env.

I'm in now way a supporter of him, but you can't blame him for the things that are done by corporations around the globe. Regardless of whether a president is a dem. or a rep., that fact is, the environment is almost always on the back burner.

It has been the same agenda of crying about the environment and then doing nothing about it for as long as we've been industrialized. I think it's a bit of a reach to blame Bush for how shitty we treat the environment.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... *DELETED* [Re: Redstorm]
    #3543185 - 12/25/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Post deleted by Hendostan

Reason for deletion: .

Anonymous

#3543194 - 12/25/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"ecological warfare" generally refers to militant activity in support of the natural ecosystem.

i'm not understanding what you're suggesting. do you believe that bush, if he believes that global warming is a fact at all, thinks that it is to be intentionally persued for military power, political advantage, satisfaction of cruel, republican meany urges, etc.? or is it just an unfortunate side-effect from march of business and industry?

what exactly do you mean by "ecological warfare"?

war against the ecosystem?
warfare employing ecological damage as a weapon?

what?

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3543327 - 12/25/04 11:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

im in construction. and ys ultimatly no the workers do not choose in teh final decision. but believe me they are the main reason whats used is used. if the guys dont like a product and bitch about, it probably is NOT going to be used....the boss understands speed and money. when your work force likes and understands a product than it is financially retarded to not use it.

alternatives are not there yet. there are some but not financially viable. there are plastic and steel boards that are getting more used here. mining and production of steel studs isnt that environmentally great though.

anything from alternative power, to plasic shutters, to types of paints. tehres lots that can be done. dont have to go as extreme as a hemp house with dirt floors or anything. baby steps.

now i should admit i know little about bush and his environmental record in the states. but if i may explain how the government, in canada, effects teh forests. here, in bc, it is mostly crown land that is logged. so ultimatly its the government who decides if its logged or not. certain regulations and stumpage fees make it easier or harder to log certain areas and species. the bc liberals have made it easier to log. ie slashing stumpage fees from teh previous ndp costs.

--------------------

Anonymous

#3543420 - 12/25/04 11:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

plastic requires petroleum and petrochemicals processing. steel, as you mentioned, isn't very eco-friendly either.

we need to be realistic here. tree timber is a renewable natural resource and there are responsible ways to make use of it. clear-cutting leads to erosion and habitat destruction, but logging isn't necessarily evil. trees can be farmed like any other plant. it just needs to be done in a way that is sustainable.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3543480 - 12/26/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

adn that i agree with. but it is not happening despite waht people are trying to do. its easy to brush off people and call them dirty hippies and never give another thought to it.

about plastic. there are companies here that make plastic boards from recycled plastic (liek bags, milk jugs, cleaner jugs etc). problem is tehy dont put out much.

when you look at what a lot of the sheeting is on houses you could easily imagine using hemp or somthing as an alternative. OSB is jsut chunks of wood glued together (glues wouldnt be good either, but maybe theres some kin dof good lasting hemp glue or somthing). shit the whole roof is usually OSB so theres a lot of material there. i know one could say that they are jsut recycling the junk wood from trees, but here they take everything. they use full smaller trees for this. we are VERY wastefull in our logging and that is the first thing that needs to be stopped. but with things like the softwood lumber and raw log bullshit its going to be a long and rough road. so here we could say that yes bush is terrorizing the environment.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3543494 - 12/26/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The thing is, people blame Bush so they don't have to take responsiblity for their actions that affect the environment. It's easier to say that he has a shitty env. policy (which I won't disagree with) than to man up and do something about what is happening.

One could recycle, conserve water, buy recycled good, etc., etc; but most find it simpler to place blame somewhere else. I'm not pointing to you specifically, b/c I don't know you; but I think the greatest step to solving some env. problems starts at the individual.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Redstorm]
    #3543505 - 12/26/04 12:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you are 100% correct. i try and do my part, i recycle we got some good water conservation going on, dont use much power, compost etc. all the easy steps. i also believe that education is key. but preaching tends to drive people away, much like school does.

steve irwin said it best. "People want to save what they love......continues to go on about trying to get people to love crocodiles"

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #3543938 - 12/26/04 10:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The thing is, people blame Bush so they don't have to take responsiblity for their actions that affect the environment. It's easier to say that he has a shitty env. policy (which I won't disagree with) than to man up and do something about what is happening.

but is it also possible..as the link suggests..that bush is deliberately trying to trigger an ice age and/or otherwise damage the environment..in hopes that our global rivals will suffer more?...

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3543973 - 12/26/04 11:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you believe this, you also must believe all the other conspiracy theories out there. I don't think anyone wants to see an ice age, it won't benefit anyone.

There's really no reason Bush would be threatened. It's not like we have a rivalry goin like we did with the Soviets. :shrug:

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3544003 - 12/26/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh its a big joke. They will come through a forest and clear cut every single tree and replant pine trees. Since Pine trees arent original to my part of the state. We used to have forests of nothing but hardwoods and oak. Now its all pine trees.

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #3544018 - 12/26/04 11:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

>> There's really no reason Bush would be threatened. It's not like we have a rivalry goin like we did with the Soviets.

actually we do...the dollar is down 35% vs the euro..and the EU are increasingly using their superior economic power to counter US military aggression in the tangiers-brazzaville-darwin-hong kong arc..which has been less than effective against increasingly restless natives...

the "nucular" option is not viable so long as the NMD remains unreliable (which may be never)..and would also result in an ice age...

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #3544021 - 12/26/04 11:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Annapurna1 writes:

but is it also possible..as the link suggests..that bush is deliberately trying to trigger an ice age and/or otherwise damage the environment..

It is also possible that the movement of my eyeballs is the result of very tiny invisible monkeys pulling a complex system of invisible cables running through invisible pullies.

I don't understand this need so many feel to attribute the most bizarre conspiracy theories to Bush. Admittedly he is not the brightest president the US has ever had, and admittedly there are some reasonable arguments against quite a few of the actions he has taken. But he's not a crazed evil James Bond-type movie villain.

Reasonable people may disagree over Bush's policies, or over the policies of any prior president in US history for that matter. But to constantly try to dream up the most far-fetched scenarios imaginable is not the mark of a reasonable person. People who spend their time coming up with gibberish like that link printed have -- to be as tactful as possible -- a "unique" version of reality.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Phred]
    #3544074 - 12/26/04 11:50 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, I don't like the man as a president at all, but I think it'd be giving him too much credit if you thought he'd make something like this up.

It's just too obvious that we would lose way too muchif this happened, regardless of the exchange rate.

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
    #3544221 - 12/26/04 01:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If a tree fell in the woods and no one was there to hear it, would it make a sound?

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
    #3544257 - 12/26/04 01:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Is it just coincidence that 99% of the Bush bashing happens on drug message boards?

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3544318 - 12/26/04 01:55 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pali_Gap said:
Is it just coincidence that 99% of the Bush bashing happens on drug message boards?

How did you come up with that figure?

--------------------

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
    #3544515 - 12/26/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
Quote:

Pali_Gap said:

How did you come up with that figure?

That's just an estimate. I've seen an extremely large amount of Bush bashing on drug message boards. Totse has drug forums, so I consider that to be one in a way. I'm wondering if the hive is gone because of all the threats of terrorist attacks from some members against the USA and Bush. Some other drug message boards: http://www.hipforums.com and the forums at http://www.lycaeum.org

Edited by Pali_Gap (12/26/04 03:30 PM)

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3544633 - 12/26/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
you kill off a species of tree in one area, there are hundreds of animal species that suffer, you clear a river bank and it starts to erode, clouding the water and causing the river to run faster, preventing salmon from swimming upstream

Nature is always in a state of flux. How many fires destroyed how many thousands of acres? They always come back, different, but stronger.
Quote:

..there are so many subtleties..white-bark pine seeds are the most important food source of grizzly bears, and right now there is an epidemic killing off a lot of white bark pines because of rising temperatures..not saying that is our fault, but it shows that losing something as small and seemingly insignificant as a certain seed could kill off one of the largest mammals on earth.

So something is happening right now that hasn't happened before and we are already determining that the bears are going to be extinct?
Quote:

industry thrives on short term profits, and being short sighted when it comes to the environment is always wrong.

Like saying that warming is killing all the bears, thats short sighted , right?
Quote:

bush's administration is contstantly siding with industry and development when it comes to forests...if that's not ecological warfare, what is? :shrug:

What is y our house made of?

What if bush said that he was going to stop all forestry, but he'd also require all people with an IQ of less than 120 would have to be sterilized and kill their offspring? That would solve the need for using more and more of our natural resources, right?

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: SoopaX]
    #3544663 - 12/26/04 04:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

but he'd also require all people with an IQ of less than 120 would have to be sterilized and kill their offspring?

I'm pretty sure a child's IQ isn't directly related to their parent's IQ. Parents of average IQ are as likely to have an extremely bright child as are parents of very high IQ.

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: newuser1492]
    #3544812 - 12/26/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't believe in creationism so I tend to trust politicians more than a lot of the environmentalist zealots I seen.

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
    #3544864 - 12/26/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Annapurna said the EU are using their superior economic power. superior?????

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

#3544865 - 12/26/04 05:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What makes you think a politician would know anything about environmental protection?

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3546272 - 12/26/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pali_Gap said:
If a tree fell in the woods and no one was there to hear it, would it make a sound?

How does this pertain to anything in this thread?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3546862 - 12/27/04 03:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It was a fungus, not a bacteria... and they have released it... and it has mutated... and from what I have read, it is destroying the banana plantations. Sorry, no references, all hear-say (so I could easily be wrong here).

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: Seuss]
    #3547839 - 12/27/04 11:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

perhaps we need to keep in mind that all our current building is chalked full of problems. look at leaky condo. costing tens of thousands of dollars per person (per house) in the condo units. theres lots of problems now, perhaps the problem is people arnt willing to give alternatives a chance. yes they are gonna have flaws and are going to cost people lots of money in fuckup fees, but so does wood. jsut cause its a new "better" product doesnt make it perfect.

environmental steps are nto gonna be great wonderous things that take 5 mins to do. people need to have soem patience and realise there are going to be bumps...but i think that things really need to start moving. hard for me to think that some people think there isnt an environmental problem with current situations.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3547885 - 12/27/04 11:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:
money is on his agenda, not the well being of the planet. and he is the president

How many people on this planet would use the materials that are ored or mined?
Quote:

..whether or not he is directly responsible for these things, as our leader it's his job to take the blame when things go wrong.

It's nearly impossible for a president to change anything in this day and age. What the hell would you want the executive branch to do anyway?
Quote:

he has shown no signs of caring for the environment...all he has done is reverse or delay acts that put caps on emissions and push for opening up wilderness areas to road building, logging, and drilling..more industry, more development, more logging, more drilling, less trees..this has been his consistent position. it's not really a war, i guess. it's an attack.

OK, stop people from breeding, kill off 20-40% of the population and we won't need these resources for awhile.

--------------------

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3547895 - 12/27/04 11:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
but is it also possible..as the link suggests..that bush is deliberately trying to trigger an ice age and/or otherwise damage the environment..in hopes that our global rivals will suffer more?...

Do you have anything else to do but post innane conspiracy theories on a website? Maybe you could pick another website :wink:

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: is bush waging ecological warfare??... [Re: SoopaX]
    #3549556 - 12/27/04 06:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

It's nearly impossible for a president to change anything in this day and age. What the hell would you want the executive branch to do anyway?

i know this may be straying from the topic a bit but for argument sake lets jsut say the government. cause as you say it is not as easy as just saying somthing for the pres to change it. but it is the gov that decides things like emision laws, fees/taxes, land use if on crown land (thats a HUGE one, and they CAN decide any number of things easy on their land!). if it impacts things live water sheds/rivers/oceans, old growth forests, endangered species it IS the responsibilty of the government to take action! they have many people on the pay roll and they shouldnt be paying all this money to put up a show for teh public to make it look like they are doing somthing. its clear that certain governments jsut do what they want from the start and entertain us peons.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract