Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePoopShooter
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
Universities Across the World
    #3537545 - 12/23/04 11:07 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

(Skip to the end if you want to skip this, I won't hold it against you :wink:) Two years ago I started going to college right out of highschool. I still lived at home, and drove 25 minutes to and from school everyday. I really didn't like it. I wanted college to be different than high school: surrounded by people who WANTED to learn, not people who wanted to goof off. I suppose I was naive.
Anyway, I made it through the year, and decided to move. I moved out of state, with several of my friends, to go to school. I get a place, I move in to my new home. A week later I get a call from one of my old HS teachers saying that he has a job for me working Tech Support for the school. I think that it's ridiculous, but the more he talks to more appealing the job sounds. I decide that I'm sick of school anyway (I mean I'm REALLY sick of school at this point), and I take the job.

Now, I've been working this job for 4 months or so, and have another 5 to go until the school year is over. In that time that I've been working there, I've realized that I really want to get back to school, not just to learn, though that is a huge part of it, but for the equally huge part of being around my peers. I'm working in a really small town, and just don't have any friends my age. So, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to be going back to school next year.

I'm thinking of several things that I MIGHT want to do, we'll see. I want to either write, either books, or as a critic of some sort. I'd also like to be a quantum physicist (I don't know about going through all that schooling though. It might be too expensive, and I don't know what kind of jobs are available, I just know I'm interested) or some sort of psychologist.

If I could move ANYWHERE and go to college, where do you suggest, and why? I've been thinking about somewhere in Florida, but I love the mountains too much maybe. I don't know. I just need to put some research into it. I suppose this is step one!  :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Universities Across the World [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3537578 - 12/23/04 11:25 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Copenhagen, Denmark - because the university is FREE! and Copenhagen is a wonderful city. but you have to pass a language exam proving you can speak/understand/read/write Danish.

also Copenhagen has a big quantum physics department (it's where Niels Bohr was from, for example).

http://www.ku.dk/english/

:rasta:

--------------------

OfflinePoopShooter
Escape Artist

Loc: PNW
Re: Universities Across the World [Re: Krishna]
    #3537671 - 12/23/04 11:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Now my next step is learning to speak Danish! Maybe not, but still, it'll be something to look into. I'm actually headed over to Europe this summer for a month or so, so I'll check it out.
How do they get away with it being free? It boggles the mind!

OfflineUmmGood
Stranger

Re: Universities Across the World [Re: PoopShooter]
    #3537721 - 12/24/04 12:16 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I go to Georgia State University. This is a pretty good school IMO. although, unless you go greek, or live in the dorms, theres not much of a college life being its a commuter school. I went Greek and its the best decision I ever made. Its also only an how from the mountains up in north Georgia. very nice place.

North Georgia College and State University is IN the mountains and a beautiful place. however because it is military, you will have to be in ROTC there.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub