Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden (*)Updated Mar 10(*)
    #3425428 - 11/29/04 09:29 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

My poppy garden, full of big ass gig plants. Hopefully this will be some inspiration for others to grow this awsome plant. I think I have somewhat 600 plants. :smile:

As the sun sets in a mild southeast, winter day......

The first hill of poppies

Some nice cabbages, with seedlings, and pre-cabbage plants.

Nice big leaves!

Another hill,

Time Has Come for Another Update!

Well the damn weather dosen't know what the fuck it wants to be now a days with a temp of 75 F in JANUARY in North Alabama. After a few frosts and now this great weather the poppies sprung right back to life. Its now gettting cold so I thought I might get a pic of them while they are still nice and perk. And now to the pics.............. :cool:

Growth!!!

Really starting to "cabbage" out

True Cabbages  :cool: :thumbup:

Nice Healthy Leaves

Well it just had a nice cool rain, so the poppies are "blinging", please stick around this thread for more updates and hopefully Opium Stash 2005:evil:

March 06, 2005

Spring is kicking into full gear, and these poppies are getting fucking huge, they look almost like bushes. These pics dont do them justice.

Ill update with daytime pics, in a bout a week or two. Enjoy :smile:

New pics...................................(Mar 10)

Edited by MycoCakeEater (03/10/05 07:42 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
Re: MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #3426600 - 11/30/04 02:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Will you be able to harvest before really cold weather comes?

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden [Re: Jellric]
    #3426779 - 11/30/04 04:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Jellric said:
Will you be able to harvest before really cold weather comes?

no, he just got a head start for spring. they still got a ways to go.

things are looking lovely there. what strain you rocking? keep us updated :smile:

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3426870 - 11/30/04 05:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

They are all red-flowered gigs, down here we are having a VERY mild winter, they are still growing fast in this cold weather, in fact they are thriving in it. I dont see much of a delay in the future.  By the way, these were hand sown on hills of dirt. Ill keep updates. :cool:

Offlinetheocean06
Yeah, I've donefour already...

Re: MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden *Pics* [Re: MycoCakeEater]
    #3427958 - 11/30/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Very nice picture Myco, this thread makes me want to grow poppies more then ever.  But, I will have to wait for the spring :frown:

I haven't seen you on the boards in a while, you kind of popped in and then popped out again.  It's nice to see you and your poppies are alright.

I saw that you are growing about 600 poppies, and that must take up quite a bit of space (not a WHOLE lot of space, but certainly more than a backyard) and I was just wondering if you ever received my PM asking about that and similar things.  I don't mean to annoying, since I think I sent you a PM asking about the PM :crazy: so I hope you don't take me as a rude person.

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden *Pics* [Re: theocean06]
    #3428403 - 11/30/04 03:34 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ocean:I will answer it later on tonight. No hard feelings ive just been busy of late.

Anyways, I'm going to be sticking around this thread for a while updating with pictures from young plants until I'm smoking it, so stick around. New pics every week promise!

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#3486415 - 12/12/04 01:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

2 frosts later and still going strong.... :grin:

Sorry pics too big :frown:

Offlinetheocean06

#3486560 - 12/12/04 02:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I want to see those flowers :evil:

Show me them big beauties... :wink:

--------------------

The story of life is quicker then the blink of an eye, the story of love is hello, goodbye.            - Hendrix :bow:

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#3487233 - 12/12/04 05:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Its gonna be march-april before I get any flower action going. Its gonna get VERY cold here within the next week. I hope they do fine.

Offlinetheocean06

#3487298 - 12/12/04 05:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh I know, I just want to see flowers :craven:

I hope your poppies get through the cold weather. 

Good Luck :sun:

--------------------

Offlinejeff01
cultivator
    #3528210 - 12/21/04 02:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thats lookin great, have you ever grown the gigantum strain? i grew what was supposed to be gigantum and ended up only having tiny pods.

--------------------
"impossible to walk in this muck"

Offlinetheocean06

#3536806 - 12/23/04 05:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hey Myco, how did they take the cold weather? I hope they did alright...

To jeff01, are you sure they were gigs? Last time I checked, gigs had giant pods.

Edit: One more thing Myco, I was going to dig the patch, condition the soil, and sow the seeds in February. Where I live, there is still snow of the ground as this time of year and so would you suggest putting the very thin layer of soil over the seeds and then put snow on top of the patch? I wouldn't pat it down or anything, just put a good amount on for insulation.

Thank you

--------------------

Edited by theocean06 (12/23/04 05:49 PM)

OfflineShroomNoob03
Seeker of Knowledge
Male
Loc: The Depths of My Psyche
    #3539455 - 12/24/04 01:23 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I was interested in starting my own poppy garden for this summer, but I?m not sure where to start. I read on PORG that you should plant seeds in the late fall so they pop up once spring has arrived, and that you could use the same seeds you can find in your local grocery store. I live in the northeast (USA), is it too late to plant some poppies for this season??

According to PORG, opium poppies grow easily like any other flower. I was just going to dig up a small patch (3?x6??), plant the seeds, and see what happens. How does that sound? What am I leaving out? I can?t imagine it being that easy, so please be kind if I sound ignorant?

Thanks,
ShroomNoob03

--------------------
In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion.

-Carl Sagan

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

Re: MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden *Pics* [Re: ShroomNoob03]
    #3540531 - 12/24/04 08:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

All I do is sow onto unconditioned soil.:lol: Works fine. They grow by themselves, and really no matineice *sp?* is needed other than some thinning here and there (witch I dont even do). Good Luck!

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3541872 - 12/25/04 10:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Don't put soil on top of the seeds or they won't come up. Just surface sow the seeds. Now is a good time to plant or you can wait until spring.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinetheocean06

Re: MycoCakeEater's Beautiful Poppy Garden *Pics* [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3541997 - 12/25/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have heard that you should put a very thin layer of soil on top of the seeds.

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #3542042 - 12/25/04 11:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you mean a layer of sand just enough to barely cover the seeds, yes, you can do that. About a seeds thickness is the most you should use same as with cactus seeds. A "layer of soil" sounds like more than a seed's thickness. If it's more than 1/8" they just are not likely to come up at all and even that is way too much.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinetheocean06

#3542052 - 12/25/04 11:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No I meant a very think layer of potting soil, not sand. You'd basically be sprinkling the soil, not a "layer" - since that suggests it would be somewhat thick (which it wouldn't be).

--------------------

Offlinetheocean06

#3566742 - 12/31/04 09:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When I say sprinkle, I mean take a handful of soil and sprinkle it on top of the grow area. Most of the poppy grow guides say to sprinkle soil on top of the seeds to if them a little protection.

Also, putting snow on them (for insulation - I will be preparing the plot in winter and so I will have to take the snow off when I dig the plot) wouldn't have any negative effects, would it? I highly doubt it would, since naturally snow it going to cover them.

To get out of having to thin the plants, I will just mix the seeds with equal parts sand (1:1).

--------------------

InvisibleMycoCakeEater
Old Hand
Male User Gallery

#3566979 - 12/31/04 11:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I really doubt it seeing as my plants have survived many frosts here lately. Thining is a bitch, esp since hundreds *can* grow together if you free-sow. Just work whats best for you and it will all work out. Trust me. :cool:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale