Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemichealjackstyle
Stranger
psilometric scale of comparative potency
    #3534570 - 12/23/04 01:16 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hi everyone, i been looking for unsucsessfully a FULL list of known psilocybin containing mushroom and their contents pretty much all that ive found are general content range of each species ie: Psilocybe baeocystis, caerulescens, cubensis, cyanescens, mexicana, pelliculosa, semilanceata, stuntzii. Basically what im looking for is more specifics esp the diffrent strains so instead of a list like this http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_info4.shtml because now there a large number of creatively named varieties of Psilocybe cubensis can be confusing and overwhelming to some and maybe somebody has or would like to put together a guide to psilocybin content of these new varities, how much in a B+, a puerto rican, equador etc etc etc or are they to close for it to matter? i dont know i have no real data to go on besides what ive tried myself and thats more then a few short of the atleast 60+ varities going around these days, i have a feeling ive put to much thought into this sorry if this was dumb

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHydroSmurf
Ex-Yakuza
Male

Loc: Tokyo,Japan
Re: psilometric scale of comparative potency [Re: michealjackstyle]
    #3534587 - 12/23/04 01:23 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No it isn't...I very much comtemplate on the issue every now and then, haven't found anything out though. Sorry to disappoint.

--------------------
I never supposed for the love of me that it would all be so vivid.

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: psilometric scale of comparative potency [Re: HydroSmurf]
    #3534598 - 12/23/04 01:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Many other factors play a role in the psilocybin content of a mushroom than just it's genetic makeup. Some of these include but are not limited to, nutrients, humidity, temperature, and light schedules. To date there have been no conclusive scientific tests to determine which strain is more favorable in terms of potency and I highly doubt there would be anytime soon, due to the exhaustive research that would need to be done in order to provide questionable results at best.

--------------------

Offlineticktock
Seeker
 User Gallery

Loc: Just ask the rabbit.
Re: psilometric scale of comparative potency [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3535385 - 12/23/04 10:38 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There's a dosing calculator around here somewhere. Damned if I can find it when I want it. You can select from a bunch of strains. No telling where the author got the numbers or how accurate they are though.

--------------------
Don't panic!

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: psilometric scale of comparative potency [Re: ticktock]
    #3535517 - 12/23/04 11:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Edited by lemon_lw (12/23/04 11:19 AM)

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: psilometric scale of comparative potency [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3536002 - 12/23/04 01:22 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Point to note, we are on the eve of great advances in mycology - and I wouldn't be surprised if it is lead by members of a community such as this. It may not be soon, but it is something exciting to look forward to. Basically we are walking where others have NOT walked before...an increasingly difficult to accomplish feat as time wares on.

On that note, I think that is a fantastic project for anyone who is interested in those sorts of studies. Correct - it wouldn't be easy or cheap. But set your mind to it and it can be done. Also, try daily lottery tickets...

I would love to create a list like that .... *sigh*

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Offlinemichealjackstyle
Stranger
Re: psilometric scale of comparative potency [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3537612 - 12/23/04 09:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
heres another good thing to look at http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/7953

(The discovery by Dr. Gartz that adding 3-(2-Aminoethyl)indole (tryptamine) could cause dramatic increases in psilocin content)

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/7936 a similar idea this one using Desmanthus Illinoesis (bundleflower)

I've always wondered about going further with this idea of using precursors in the substrate, what i'd like to see is using like a gram of DMT, AMT, 4-ACO-DET, DIPT, DPT etc etc i know these are not precursors, but it seems atleast the DMT would work being the DMT containing bundleflower worked i dunno any thoughts?

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: psilometric scale of comparative potency [Re: michealjackstyle]
    #3537662 - 12/23/04 09:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the link!

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract