Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: The moon, the menstrual cycle, and your mother [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3557646 - 12/29/04 02:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

this is from http://artsandscience.concordia.ca/psyc200jj/Chapter_5_txt.html :

Entrainment ? Biological rhythms are synchronized with external events such as changes in clock time, temperature, and daylight.

there's that word again. 'external'.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3557691 - 12/29/04 02:46 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh hey look what I found:

The corresponding estrus cycles of some other mammals are 28 days for opossums, 11 days for guinea pigs, 16 to 17 days for sheep, 20 to 22 days for sows, 21 days for cows and mares, 24 to 26 days for macaque monkeys, 37 days for chimpanzees, and only 5 days for rats and mice.

from http://www.straightdope.com

if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

and furthermore [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3557698 - 12/29/04 02:48 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Reinberg (1967): found that the menstrual cycle of a woman who spent 3 months in a cave shortened. Reinberg speculated that this was due to low light levels.

from http://66.102.7.104/search?q=cache:CKSgC...nment&hl=en or something

I call that external influence

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #3558229 - 12/29/04 05:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
this is from http://artsandscience.concordia.ca/psyc200jj/Chapter_5_txt.html :

Entrainment ? Biological rhythms are synchronized with external events such as changes in clock time, temperature, and daylight.

there's that word again. 'external'.

I went to that website and this is all it said:

? Entrainment
? Biological rhythms are synchronized with external events such as changes in clock time, temperature, and daylight.

So? What's the proof, what studies? I just have to believe this because it was printed on a website somewhere?

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#3558290 - 12/29/04 05:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
the following is from http://www.athenainstitute.com/sciencelinks/lunarandmenst.html :

To date, it has been shown that sexual behavior, social effects, as well as nutrition, seasonality, incarceration, and the stress of war, all contribute to the rhythm of the human cycle and subsequent fertility.

all internal factors, right? It seems that frog and I have a different definition of 'internal' and 'external'.

This is much better.  Good job on finding this.  When I first responded to Mix, I was just having fun with him.  Then, when I saw your "attack" on me, I jumped back in because I wanted to just clear things up about what you were saying.

But now it appears I have learned something after all.  'Course, you could be less arrogant.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: The moon, the menstrual cycle, and your mother [Re: Frog]
    #3561062 - 12/30/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

haha.. frog

Anyway, that's interesting what zekebomb posted about all the different cycles of the animals. Can we then conclude that we just happen to be the one on a 29.5 day cycle, that it's just coincidence? All these other animals are on close but different cycles, so maybe there's no principle at work here at all.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: The moon, the menstrual cycle, and your mother [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3563989 - 12/31/04 01:00 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Actually, there were other studies done that were at the end of the studies that were posted by Zeke at the end of one of the studies that he posted.  I was never in the position of saying "no way".  I just hadn't seen any statistics (except what you posted) before that. But because I wanted to be sure I was wrong, I clicked at the bottom of that thread (which you also posted) and turns out there's a lot of evidence for that kind of shit.

Anyways, I don't understand "haha".  I just didn't believe it until sufficient evidence was posted.  But what an asshole he was, in the meantime and even when his posted looked like it was confirmed.  At one point, when it looked like he was even posting behind me on anotehr thread, I finally posted him 5 shrooms, asking him to back off.  I hate when someone follows me around, barking at me.  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineAtaraxius
Stranger
Re: The moon, the menstrual cycle, and your mother [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #21298005 - 02/19/15 10:16 AM (9 years, 30 days ago)

What would likely happen to the menstrual cycle if, suddenly, the moon was gone?

(Imagine some sci-fi scenario where a woman is transported to an earth-sized planet which has no moon.)

What would happen to her reproductive cycle?  What about other aspects of her life?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The moon, the menstrual cycle, and your mother [Re: Ataraxius]
    #21298940 - 02/19/15 01:14 PM (9 years, 30 days ago)

Lets find out.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom