Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesugadaddy
moose
Loc: Central Europe
Very lazy Ecuador cubs casing
    #3530888 - 12/22/04 08:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hi guys,

Maybe there is something I don't know about P.C. Ecuadorians. I have 2 casings in my fruiting chamber, both nearly the same size. One casing contains P.C. Mexico myc., with just verm as a casing layer. This casing produces mushrooms quickly and more than I can use... Works great - After more than 10 flushes (I dunk between flushes)it is still pinning every week!
The other casing containing Ecuadorians produces something like 3-5 mushrooms every 2 weeks. It's slow and mushroom count is far too low. How come? I know yield is lower when you case with pure verm, but it always worked for me with Mexicans...
Another thing: The Mexicans are growing on rye substrate while the Ecuadorians on normal brf/verm. Can it be the choice of substrate?
Temp and Humidity are optimal for Cubensis species..
Personally I prefer Ecuadorian trips and I wonder why they don't fruit as well as the damn Mexicans...

Ideas and tips will be appreciated.

Thanks guys,
SugaDaddy

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very lazy Ecuador cubs casing [Re: sugadaddy]
    #3531534 - 12/22/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The Mexicans are growing on rye substrate while the Ecuadorians on normal brf/verm.
The Mexicans are growing on rye substrate while the Ecuadorians on normal brf/verm.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: Very lazy Ecuador cubs casing [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3532137 - 12/22/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The nutes in your substrate will make a very big difference! Rye deffinitely has more nutes. You could add another layer of substrate (before casing) and N-Q-B8 until it's colonized then case it. That will promote more shrooms 4 ya!

--------------------
MAY YOU BE NURTURED BY THE FRUITS OF YOUR LABOR.

OfflineSmokeyMcpot
.....ThaDrizzla..... *SKEET* *SKEET*
 User Gallery

Loc: on top
Re: Very lazy Ecuador cubs casing [Re: mikl]
    #3532194 - 12/22/04 02:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

since the nutes matter so much, would one be able to powder a Centrum Silver multivitamin and mix it in with the substrate to achieve more abundant fruiting?

--------------------
"I have a sound mind, but I cannot seem to find it. Can someone please help me? For I seem to have lost my mind."
-SmokeyMcPot

"Yo, I'm Smokey and I'm the bomb. If you don't believe me then ask your mom! WHAT?!"
-SmokeyMcPot

Edited by SmokeyMcpot (12/22/04 02:52 PM)

OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Very lazy Ecuador cubs casing [Re: mikl]
    #3532273 - 12/22/04 03:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mikl said:
You could add another layer of substrate (before casing) and N-Q-B8 until it's colonized then case it. That will promote more shrooms 4 ya!

I would say : That will promote more contams 4 ya!

Adding uncolonized substrate to a casing is the perfect road for failure, in my opinion. I'm not saying it can't be done, but it is so risky that it definately not worths it.

I never had good results with cased BRF cakes. I know some people say you will get a better crop than fruiting your cake straith but for some reason, cased cake always led to poor results for me. Rye casings are very nice tho!

.fs.

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very lazy Ecuador cubs casing [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #3533613 - 12/22/04 09:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I 100% agree with fIsh in my head.

"would one be able to powder a Centrum Silver multivitamin and mix it in with the substrate to achieve more abundant fruiting?"
Were growing mushrooms not people here :wink:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinesugadaddy
moose
Loc: Central Europe
Re: Very lazy Ecuador cubs casing [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3534797 - 12/23/04 03:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, thanks guys. So you mean it's all about the nutrients? Why do so many people use PF style substrates?
With rye I always had the best results: Quick colonization, no contams and casings with abundant yield.

Thanks again, I will use nothing but rye in the future. Tried WBS,too, but all glasses encountered bacterial infection.

Can't one mix something into the dunking water in order to saturate the mycelium with enough nutrients? I've read about coffee and things but all those experiments seem very "alpha" stage to me...

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

#3535280 - 12/23/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You must sterilize it first! Just as everything else (thats a given).
Anyways it could be as productive for you as it is for me if you are very careful! More nutes=more shrooms. Fish in my head is right though, this is only for the dedicated cultivator!

--------------------

Offlinemikl
I am perception
 User Gallery

#3535291 - 12/23/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Not too sure about that one. I have tried calcium tabs though. I didn't have any noticable results though. They don't need all the nutes that we need. We all may be ONE, but we have different needs!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract