Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehpnotiq
Stranger
Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics?
    #3535142 - 12/23/04 08:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you are one or know one then say it. Are you using it or were you using it before you became a successful & wealthy businessman. Did it affect you in anyway and do you think it has anythign to do with your outcome?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBal0n
Shroomer

Loc: the Netherlands
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: hpnotiq]
    #3535145 - 12/23/04 08:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Afraid to change..? :wink:

--------------------
"A human being is part of a whole, called by us the 'Universe' - a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something seperated from the rest - a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty."
- Albert Einstein

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3535153 - 12/23/04 08:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm not sure how to define success, and wealth is all relative. I'm 35 (as of yestersay) and have been out of law school for 7 years now and have a practice with 6 partners. I tried several cases early this year which gave me time to lay low the last couple of months, but after the new year I'm back at the mill grinding away and won't have much time for play until the summer. My girlfriend, who no longer trips but did her share in the past, has a doctorate in psychology and works with children. We both make what I consider to be nice incomes.

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: Supernova]
    #3535215 - 12/23/04 08:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i conseder my self weathy even though a yr ago i was homeless liveing under bob hope bridge and behind stores and getting bit by desert bugs.
i work have a cake ass job witch earns me a little less than 500 U.S. dollars ; but wealth isnt always massured in monitary units sometimes it can be massured in the amounts of rainbows emitting from ones hand.

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: onetime]
    #3535483 - 12/23/04 11:13 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

>sometimes it can be massured in the amounts of rainbows emitting from ones hand.

Sweet I can buy and sell your ass. Do my bidding!

But I work in the trades (done it all) And im happy with my choice.. And im confidant I can make as much if not more than most any doctor or lawer... But I have to get dirty.

OfflineR2R
journeyman
Loc: South Louisiana
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: Legoulash]
    #3536040 - 12/23/04 01:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, i just made 36. I also consider myself to be somewhat successful. I own two businesses and live what most would call a "professional" life. Some may also call me reckless as i enduldge in psychadellics regularly. Mainly LSD and Mushrooms. The mushrooms i grow myself, but just recently got into harvesting my own out of the beautiful pastures of South Louisiana. I'm sure a 36 year old man looks particularly odd strolling through a pasture picking mushrooms.

In fact, i just ate 1 hit of LSD and ate a gram and a half of mush 30 minutes ago. About to go lay down on the couch, meditate and listen to some trance. Do i sound like your average professional? LOL!

Invisiblevandago
 User Gallery

Loc: .
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: R2R]
    #3536256 - 12/23/04 02:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have eaten quite a bit of pyschedelics and I plan on going to school next fall for business management. Hopefully I succeed and can fit your topic.

Offlinethenewuser
LSA Guy :-)

Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: vandago]
    #3537144 - 12/23/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am the owner of a few successful gaming websites, and a few other things. I have used DXM for about 5 years (as most of you know) and I've shroomed like 10 times or so in the last year.

I actually started up the websites about a year ago, DXM has made my life better by giving me an inward look at myself. I mean I can look at myself and think, "oh I really need to change that about myself.".

--------------------
Please read my DXM & LSA Guides, here.

If your like MMORPG's, then click here and here!

Edited by thenewuser (12/23/04 08:43 PM)

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #3537146 - 12/23/04 07:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yeah, tons of them do.......Bill Gates for instance, and the people who started Apple computers......they all got their inspiriation from LSD, as did some of the people who came up with the internet.  :laugh:

--------------------

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #3537216 - 12/23/04 07:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

DMT is often refered to as "The Businesmen's Psychedelic".

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3537389 - 12/23/04 08:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am wealthy in spirit and I am a businessman ... what? I sell things ...

--------------------

Offlinehpnotiq
Stranger
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: Its Pat]
    #3537945 - 12/23/04 11:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Its Pat said:

Why's that?

OfflineNosferatuMan
Stranger
    #3537954 - 12/24/04 12:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

hpnotiq said:
Quote:

Its Pat said:

Why's that?

Yeah.

I thought businessmen were usually into shit like coke and booze.

Invisiblehellbender

Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: NosferatuMan]
    #3537968 - 12/24/04 12:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I've heard it called the Businessman's Lunch as well. I think it's because the effects wear off so quickly that you can take a trip on your lunch break.

Invisibleboxtop703
ThesaurusLinguae Graecae
 User Gallery

#3538030 - 12/24/04 01:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Many many wealthy people take psychedelics.

The psychedelic community really has it's roots in the halls of higher education (colleges/universities) which in it's own right produces people of higher than average income.

Edited by TLGEXPRESS_COM (12/24/04 01:26 AM)

Invisibletrick

Loc: unknown
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: boxtop703]
    #3538051 - 12/24/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Chances are if you're a wealthy businessman with success in the business world and master of the socio-economic disaster....then you probably won't mention the fact that you have dabbled in pyschedelics, in fear of exposure of some sort.

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: hellbender]
    #3538637 - 12/24/04 09:50 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

I've heard it called the Businessman's Lunch as well. I think it's because the effects wear off so quickly that you can take a trip on your lunch break.

That is Exactly WHY! You can sit down, dose some DMT at the begining of your lunch and be "ABLE" to go back to work at your lunch is over.

Though I doubt I would be able to go back to work after such an experiance.

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

OfflinePali_Gap
Stranger
    #3538919 - 12/24/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

One of the most revolutionary experiences I ever had was studying physics. Others were spiritual experiences. The use of LSD in the past paled in comparison. All the time I knew that LSD was a drug and nothing more. I knew most of the mysticism before I ever used the drug. What I learned from LSD is that the mechanisms controlling intellect and perception in the brain seem to be separate to some extent, therefore its possible to "hallucinate" (really seeing eidetic images and some auditory hallucinations) and be in control (depending on the dosage). Dreams are like hallucinatory experiences. Why wouldn't those be life changing? Its because their normal, I guess.

Edited by Pali_Gap (12/24/04 11:05 AM)

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: Pali_Gap]
    #3539426 - 12/24/04 01:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pali_Gap said:
One of the most revolutionary experiences I ever had was studying physics. Others were spiritual experiences. The use of LSD in the past paled in comparison. All the time I knew that LSD was a drug and nothing more. I knew most of the mysticism before I ever used the drug. What I learned from LSD is that the mechanisms controlling intellect and perception in the brain seem to be separate to some extent, therefore its possible to "hallucinate" (really seeing eidetic images and some auditory hallucinations) and be in control (depending on the dosage). Dreams are like hallucinatory experiences. Why wouldn't those be life changing? Its because their normal, I guess.

Nice post. Dreams are great. I try to write down my best in my journal. Lots of times you must do it as soon as you wake, or you lose them. I have found them again during prayer and meditation, but it takes a lot of practice, or at least that has been my experience.

Offlinetwilight715
Just anotherFreak in theFreak Kingdom

Re: Any Successful wealthy businessmen use psychedelics? [Re: Supernova]
    #3540092 - 12/24/04 05:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i always wonder what percentage of "successful" individuals use/used drugs of any sort. i suppose i'm beginning to answer that question with my own experience. i go to a very reputable college where i study psychology, and i've always been a top student and involved in many extracurricular activities. i have 2 walls covered with plaques and awards that i've earned over the years, using drugs of different sorts rather heavily all the while. i suppose that the proper answer to this question is that it doesn't matter who uses/used psychedelics or any other drugs. the only thing that really matters is one's own desire and drive to acheive and accomplish things. regardless of drug use, prioritization and dedication will persevere and give one what he seeks.

whenever i find myself asking this question, it is usually because i'm feeling doubtful of my ability to succeed because of my affinity for recreational substance use. if that self-doubt is the seed from which this question sprouted, then other's answers will only serve as a temporary pacifying agent. what is needed here is for you to do some self-exploration and determine where your priorities are and decide whether or not you feel you can get what you want and use psychedelics at the same time. i personally doubt that psychedelics will have any negeative effects on your career goals, but you need to figure this out for yourself. even if no businessman ever used psychedelics, if you are able to be successful and do so, then that's all that matters, isn't it?

i realize now that this is preposterously lengthy and verbose. i apologize, but like i said...i'm a psychology guy.

--------------------
"He was too weird to live, and too rare to die."
- Hunter S. Thompson

"Mushrooms have no known adverse side-effects, other than leaving you feeling fatigued and probably surrounded by a load of mad paintings and some half-eaten chocolate bars."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale