Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery
Loc: Flag
medacation trouble
    #3534377 - 12/23/04 02:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i was recently prescribed with serequel an anti-phsycotic at 50mg and adderal for add at 20mg. i was wondering if any interaction with these medecations with shrooms would be bad..

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJust_a_Shadow
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: medacation trouble [Re: leafing]
    #3534447 - 12/23/04 02:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm no pro, but im guessing it would be a bad combo

--------------------

Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery
Re: medacation trouble [Re: Just_a_Shadow]
    #3534483 - 12/23/04 02:51 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i know its bad and im not supposed to drugs like those while on these medacations i was just wondering what the problems are when someone does thst

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #3534521 - 12/23/04 03:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Not sure if any of the drugs you're taking (perscribed) are MAOIs or SSRIs, but the interactions between the two and other substances range from greatly potentiating the effects of the drug (i.e. MAOIs potentiate shrooms) to EXTREMELY SEVERE physical problems (i.e. MAOI plus pseudophed = hypertensive crisis, or the seperation of the internal walls of the heart leading to massive internal bleeding and heart failure.)

Honestly, if you're set on taking drugs (shrooms, pot, whatever), ask your doctor. Unless you're a minor, anything said between you and the doc is completely confidential. Granted he'd almost definately tell you not to do the drugs, but he is obligated to tell you whether or not the interactions would have any negative effects. Other than, say, aggrivating a pre-existing psychosis.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery
Re: medacation trouble [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #3534566 - 12/23/04 03:15 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

both my medication are neither MAOIs or SSRIs. i i definitely know that when mixing adderall with drugs like LSD something about vaso-constrictive problems occur.. i also know to not take drugs in my condition.. I'm just wondering how exactly will it mess me up. (sorry for the post, I'm feeling kind of tired and cant type well)

--------------------

~Leafing~

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?
 Arcade Champion: Maeda Line, Moon Patrol

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #3534577 - 12/23/04 03:19 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Can't say for sure, and I'm trying really hard not to sound sarcastic or like an ass but.. I can't imagine having a fun evening taking psychadelics with an anti-psychotic and a stimulant.  My guess would be, if the drugs aren't MAOIs or SSRIs, the worst thing that'll happen is a crappy/bad trip.  Or, they might just cancel each other out!  :tongue:

Dunno.. ask the nice men in the white coats.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3536356 - 12/23/04 05:11 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

leafing, listen please...

If anyone is presribed anti-psychotics you can be safe in telling them to look for STABILITY IN LIFE - not mushrooms or anything else that could actually end up making that person VERY UNSTABLE.

I personally would never take an anti-psychotic even if I felt I was more insane than Charles Manson. I would stop doing what my CONSCIENCE condemns and start doing what is right in my heart.

I would stop worrying about the way the world treats me and start doing what I could to help others one experience at a time.

I would stop drinking alcohol, stop smoking, stop eating bad foods and soda.

I would start working out twice a day with the goal of getting as strong as the average person in society is - if not stronger.

I would try to flush out any impurities in my body by drinking lots of bottled water and lots of organic apple juice from the health food store.

I would stop watching TV and movies that make me have negative thoughts and associations.

I would start reading uplifting books.

I would stop listening to music too loudly and choose to listen to more melodic, mello music.

I would make it a habit to go to a park a couple times a week to look at nature.

I would try to do one nice thing for one person each and every day.

I would make peace with my upbringing. I would make peace with the family (even if its just internally and not with them). I would make peace with who I am and what I've done in this life so far.

I would make demands upon myself to become someone I can like and someone who's doing something right on this Earth.

Be strong. Listen to the good voice within you. There are a few people out there who will help you without you even knowing it.

Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery
Re: medacation trouble [Re: World Spirit]
    #3537773 - 12/24/04 12:39 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

thanks for the advice Enter.

--------------------

~Leafing~

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
Re: medacation trouble [Re: World Spirit]
    #3537881 - 12/24/04 01:19 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i'm on seroquel and strattera and celexa. i don't take any maoi s cause of the ssri, i can trip and have good trips. mushrooms are fine. physically its okay, mentally depends on you (so noone else can tell you that). i usually use plants/etc in what most american people consider large amounts, but i don't think i have a high tolerance cause of prescribed drugs, its just cause thats my culture. coke is okay. mescaline is fine. alcohol is too, but you don't need much to get drunk. a week ago i had a really good trip with mescaline, herb, alcohol, and salvia. . of course i don't know anything about adderol though.

Edited by sideshowbob (12/24/04 01:21 AM)

Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery
Re: medacation trouble [Re: sideshowbob]
    #3538938 - 12/24/04 01:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

well starttera is a non stimualant and adderall is amphetamines so it's quite different...nut im wondering about your serequel dose, are you on high dose of it or not??

--------------------

~Leafing~

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
    #3539392 - 12/24/04 03:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

im on 200mg.

Offlineleafing
i like the sun
Male User Gallery
    #3539845 - 12/24/04 06:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

and there is no dangerous interaction with taking hallucinogens?

--------------------

~Leafing~

Edited by leafing (12/24/04 06:18 PM)

Offlinesideshowbob
Stranger
    #3541122 - 12/25/04 01:52 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i'm no doctor, just speaking from my own experience. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't do drugs, but if I were you i wouldn't worry about any interactions. then again im crazy...so maybe you should do the opposite of what i say. just make sure youre okay mentally for it.
ez.

OfflineAmanitanz
Stranger
    #4044690 - 04/12/05 09:42 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i was on amitriptiline a trysiclic anti depressant and also zyprexa an anti psychotic when i took two LSD microdots. The acid had absolutely no effect whatsoever on me but all my friends only took one and were tripping out. I don't think the anti depressant stopped me from tripping because i later read that this particular drug can enhance an LSD trip so either i got two dud micro dots or the interaction between anti psychotic and LSD stopped the trip.

Edited by Amanitanz (04/12/05 09:43 AM)

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: medacation trouble [Re: Amanitanz]
    #4044808 - 04/12/05 10:40 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Seroquel is whats referred to as an "atypical" antipsychotic drugs. It's main mechanism of action is a blockade of the dopamine D2 receptor, and blockade of the 5-HT2 receptor. Thus, it should greatly diminish the effects of most hallucinogens.

Considering that one of the leading hypotheses of psychosis is the "dopamine hypothesis" it's interesting you have adderall added to your meds. This could, in theory increase dopamine levels and exacerbate any psychotic reactions you may have (although adderall is not my area od expertise).

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, San Pedro

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being