Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Heh, talk about a contam free environment...
    #3534002 - 12/23/04 12:42 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well, I had a myco bag sitting next to my other bags for a while in my incubator. Nothing was happening to it, and after about three weeks of waiting for it to catch up, I ditched it after finding some rather nasty bloated looking grains. I didn't care much, the bag had been sort of an experiment of mine from the start. I threw it in a trash bag full of other trash..

Well, the trash bag got left for a couple of days (eeeeeewwwwww) outside...Keep in mind things are freaky-deeky COLD right now in Virginia. I was taking it to the dumpster when I decided to take a peak inside like only a mycophile would...

Low and behold healthy white myc in a sort of grubby looking bag. So I took the bag out, washed it off with swabs and set it in the incubator.

POINT being...

Myco-bags are officially idiot proof.

PS...everything looks healthy as can be in the bag...what bloated grains?!

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Edited by ADoobie (12/23/04 12:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: Heh, talk about a contam free environment... [Re: ADoobie]
    #3534010 - 12/23/04 12:44 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

i wouldn't put anything that had been in my garbage can in the same room as my grow.

ick.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Heh, talk about a contam free environment... [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3534133 - 12/23/04 01:23 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well if washed off and assuming swabs means alcohol swabs it should be ok I guess :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Heh, talk about a contam free environment... [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3534185 - 12/23/04 01:36 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

err, to clarify...the bag was VERY carefully swabbed with much alcohal.

Also, my bad. Not in the same incubator. I wouldn't dare do that to my healthy myc, least I offend it...

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation