Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Loc: Around Minneapolis.
amnesty international
    #3533697 - 12/22/04 11:48 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hey all, I was wondering if any shroomery people are involved with amnesty. I'm looking at doing some human rights activism this summer, and thought there might be some people here who could give me a heads up on their activities.

The ultimate meaning of our being can only be fulfilled in the paradoxical leap beyond the tragic-demonic frustration. It is a leap from our side, but it is the self-surrendering presence of the Ground of Being from the other side.
- Paul Tillich

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: amnesty international [Re: Malachi]
    #3536538 - 12/23/04 06:10 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

yep. i've been involved in various fundraising-drives with Amnesty, as well as being involved with music-shows to raise awareness about different issues. Also they have "letter-writing" campaigns that I've been helping out with for the past few years. As well, a friend of mine works for Amnesty International in Copenhagen - they pay him to wander around the downtown area trying to get people to become members. I guess they don't pay very well, but he really loves the job.

Anyway, what would you want to do with them? They have a big variety of campaigns that you can get involved with - everything from just sending out letters to various governments relating to current human-rights issues, to helping organise fundraising drives, to actually doing work in the "field". I have a friend who is originally from the Minneapolis area, so if you let me know what kind of work you would be wanting to get involved with, I can email him and get some telephone numbers that you can contact, if you'd like. Just let me know!

Loc: unknown
Re: amnesty international [Re: Krishna]
    #3538043 - 12/24/04 03:17 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

i've been thinking about getting into the Amnesty branch at the University of Georgia in Athens, GA, ever since i heard of AI. i'm also interested in yoko ono and the Imagine Campaign (also, i love lennon's music). i know that the local group has speakers, meetings, and attend rallys, events. they also do activities that krishna mentioned.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion