Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Drugs and Sanity (please read)
    #3532572 - 12/22/04 06:58 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

It's common knowledge that DARE promotes misinformation. They say salvia is nothing more than a placebo, for example. Not only is this wrong, it's also dangerous. Unsuspecting kids try it with low expectations and then get freaked out when it blows their minds away.

This example is sadly symbolic of greater contemporary mainstream views?nearly every aspect of society reinforces the notion of normalcy. Magic can be scientifically explained, if you can't see it then it's not real, stoned ravings are only that?ravings. People don't actually have shakras, nor do they possess psychic abilities. Out of body experiences are the products of the imagination and hallucinations are either the products of psychedelics or clear signs of mental illness.

There is a clear and rigid concept of normalcy and everything beyond its framework is nonsensical and illusory madness. This madness is categorized under various terms, such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, depression, ADHD...the list goes on. Conveniently, drugs are made available to treat these illnesses; not etheogens of course, since those are bad, but government-approved ones mass produced by the wealthy pharmaceutical (drug) industry.

But what is ?sanity??

Religious devotees believe in an omnipotent entity that is the source of all existence. Science posits the existence of alternate dimensions and theorizes that time doesn't really exist. Mystics tell us of distant lands to which they travel from the confines of their minds. Truly enlightened individuals tell us that nothing but change is certain and that numerous alternate realities exist.

Notice that religious devotees remove themselves from the world in favour of nun- or priesthood. Followers of the Buddha adopt a similarly ascetic way of life. Mystics are only partly in this world, and partly in others. Science, alone, remains fixed in the material world of society, thanks to their inability to ever go beyond a theory and accept their wild ideas as reality.

Yet people call etheogens harmless, consume them, and expect to remain sanely rooted in society's reality of normalcy.

Some people are naturally predisposed to possessing open minds. All brains working as reducing valves, theirs permit a greater influx of information than that of the average person. Such gifted individuals were the shamans, healers, and mystics of the ancient world...but they?re today?s psychotics!?

Self-realized, such people are free of their egos. They naturally possess the same knowledge bestowed upon the average person during psychedelic experiences?that the ego is illusory. Yet in today?s society where people are taught to follow mindlessly as drones to a hive collective, the ego plays a key role. Instead of being their own gods and self-governing, people do as their egos, manipulated in turn by those in power, instruct. We aren't encouraged to be free and awakened individuals.

Whereas the ego-loss quality of the etheogenic experience teaches us that the ego is illusory, society tells us, so we remain followers, that it's real and necessary. Most people believe in the latter and preach it as the truth to reassure themselves; they carry out the government's misinformation campaign without even knowing it, supporting the very lie which pushes them to do so.

Clearly, contemporary society is a very poor setting for drug use. People who open their minds through the etheogenic experience are persecuted against and made to believe they have mental problems. But who's really crazy?

You can?t take drugs and expect your social life to remain the same. As you discover the illusory nature of society and your ego you will undoubtedly act differently. That is, if you recognize these changes to be positive. People who don?t know they?re being lied to in the first place often look at the changes taking place inside themselves negatively and try to suppress them.

?A warning sign that your child smokes marijuana is that he?ll begin to care less about his appearance.? Ha. It?s not good to care what other people think of your appearance! ?He?ll become less motivated.? He realizes the futility and absurdity of striving to gain illusory success?money, popularity, material possessions! ?He may show signs of depression.? It?s depressing to realize everything you?ve been brought up to believe is a lie and then, to compound matters, to have everyone treat such realizations as nonsense! ?Irrational behaviour.? Downright insane behaviour, if sanity is all that it?s hyped up to be.

Just like the kids get freaked out when the salvia DARE says is inactive is quite the opposite, people get freaked out when phenomenon society labels as imaginary are more real than society itself.

Mental illness results from understanding the illusory nature of the ego on one hand while clinging desperately to the ego for safety and reassurance on the other. People who are naturally predisposed towards gaining transcendent insight must take care to realize that these insights are true and must be willing to leave behind their former reality as it becomes understood as a lie. If you simply take drugs to get ?fucked up? or to escape from your problems then you may discover more than you bargained for.

The etheogenic experience will change you. If you gain insight internally but refuse to change your external routine, you?ll get frustrated quickly; if you refuse to even accept the insight internally then you?re liable to go crazy. Don?t be afraid of the insight! The void is merely infinite bliss misunderstood so totally that it?s perceived from a perspective of fear.

The path to enlightenment is a tricky one, especially if you don?t realize you?re walking it, as is the case with people who treat the etheogenic experience as a fun little distraction. Drugs are tools and must be respectfully used as such. Of course it can be fun, too?what could be better than discovering the joy of being innate within us all?

I?m not saying everything you experience while tripping is real. The influence of society and the ego seriously perverts the truth as it is perceived by you. But everything you perceive while tripping is real, to the extent that you perceive it. If I see colours then these colours must obviously exist on some level since I would otherwise not see them at all. But much of what is experienced is symbolic in nature, and egoic distortions tend to remove this symbolism quite far away from the truth which it symbolizes. This is where the work lies, to see past the ego?s lies towards the fundamental truth.

I see many posts here where people ask for advice on how to combat mental problems. My answer: understand wherefrom these problems arise and begin walking the path of enlightenment which, if you fear for your sanity, you have necessarily already begun walking. Look at the ?problem? from a different light and understand it as a positive change. You?re not crazy. :smile:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
Re: Drugs and Sanity (please read) [Re: the_phoenix]
    #3532621 - 12/22/04 07:15 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

To all those who do not understand what this says, re-read it until you do! Well wrote Phoenix.

Offlineballs
thats right
Re: Drugs and Sanity (please read) [Re: balls]
    #3532625 - 12/22/04 07:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

-"The path to enlightenment is a tricky one"

I realize that by doing mushrooms, I am walking the path to enlightenment. I changed internally, as you said , but how do I know if im doing it externally? By my actions?

Invisiblevandago
Flat Earther
 User Gallery

Loc: .
    #3532737 - 12/22/04 07:59 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Very well said.

--------------------
Thread Lightly in here.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Drugs and Sanity (please read) [Re: vandago]
    #3533316 - 12/22/04 10:26 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:smile:Agreed. This is a great post!

The insane :crazy2: are the ones that assimilate true/cosmic/trip knowledge into their ego :evil: game! I am everything, therefore I am Jesus, therefore I need to steal a car! :confused: Yes you are everything, but you are still a different unit of the everything too. :tongue2: 

You know what you are talking about. :thumbup: It really can be depressing, the sad state that the world is in. But if you look at in that light, there is even more stuff to change! The mystery revolves...  :mushroom2:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinethe_phoenix
Stranger

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    #3534197 - 12/23/04 01:38 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

balls said:
-"The path to enlightenment is a tricky one"

I realize that by doing mushrooms, I am walking the path to enlightenment. I changed internally, as you said , but how do I know if im doing it externally? By my actions?

Identify what negatively affects you externally, and it points to the inner problem that needs fixing. So, for example, if you get angry waiting in line, then you need to accept the reality of the situation, that you have to wait, instead of fighting it in vain. Or, if a certain social situation scares you or makes you feel uncomfortable, then you need to pin down what scares you, confront it head-on (with love and compassion, not aggression) and learn about it, and get over it. When you correct the problems internally then they'll accordingly be resolved externally. When your mind and body (internal and external facet of your being) are in proper synchronization, your external actions will perfectly reflect your inner state of being and, as such, there will be no conflict in your life. No suffering. :smile:

Offlineballs
thats right
    #3534305 - 12/23/04 02:07 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Now it makes sence. Ever since I had my first mushroom trip, iv noticed a great change in me, but in a good way. I feel that I do not need to worry about anything. I think of things before I do anything and come to a positive conclusion, making me see all sides of the situation. No discrimination or hate againsy NOONE. I have learned to control my anger and it now feels good to not get angry. I rarely get angry anymore. I have never got depressed and everytime it may come, I can realize whats going on and I just live on with my life. Everytime I am out and about I always seem to notice things about people more. I can figure out what kind of people they are just by how they talk to me, and always wonder, why can't everyone just see how I see things, why are all human minds so different, the world would be such a better place (of course thats impossible). And every person I come by I always have respect for them no matter who it is, and take interest in what they have to say. Most of the time my mind is always 100% worry free, I work things out and dont let them run on. Anyways is these sort of things what you mean by the internal and external facet of your being are in proper synchronization? Will this way of seeing things be lost at some time, or is it just be a new way you see things and for your mind to expand on? Lately Iv noticed what you are talking about in myself, and its almost as if its the proper way the human mind should think.

Edited by balls (12/23/04 02:09 AM)

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3540079 - 12/24/04 07:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

This is good but I urge you to watch out. The ego comes in many forms.

I have an ego which I utilise but do not believe in???

Be weary of what you percieve 'enlightenment' to be.

We understand things by classification. We have to break things down into understandable logic (pigeon holing). This also leads to the overall false perception of reality. There is always another angle, the equation is never complete!

Whats worse is humans will often then associate a negative or positive with their conclusion and become angry if this is questioned.

To get closer to the truth is to realise there is no truth. However far we look outwards or inwards, it just keeps going, it is infinate. The classification of universe and atom may bring forth incorrect perception of boundary for some.

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: Drugs and Sanity (please read) [Re: Ego Death]
    #3541319 - 12/25/04 03:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

When your mind and body (internal and external facet of your being) are in proper synchronization, your external actions will perfectly reflect your inner state of being and, as such, there will be no conflict in your life. No suffering.

there are times in life where outside circumstances cause us suffering, and this is unavoidable. synchronizing properly your mind and body will help you to confront this and learn from it. how would we feel love or enlightenment if we were not able to feel the opposite? there is much wisdom to be gained from the painful times in life, however prolonging the pain unnecessarily is nothing short of masochistic. there's a balance to be found where we must embrace our suffering and allow it to strengthen us further in times of happiness.

Edited by Hendostan (12/25/04 05:42 AM)

OfflineGog
hapless andhappy

#3541489 - 12/25/04 05:11 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Very interesting paragraph, and quite relevant to my present location. It is important, as "danoEoboy" said, to avoid being stuck in classification. Words slow down reality. The ego is a convenient tool devised by your brain to function in an often incoherent and jumbled world. It serves to separate us from our experience of raw reality. This is highly useful, and necessary in order to not be a babbling mess of nerves to most others, but should be used sparingly, if you wish to preserve your unique life spirit.

It should be mentioned that the ego is a necessary tool for functioning with the average, "mainstream" person. It might not resonate with your spirit, but you just have to sacrifice a part of yourself for others if you want to make any sort of effect in this life. To do this, you have to put aside your beef with the mainstream sometimes and try to help the sorry lives that it bungles up.

Something I'd like to mention as well. I am personally someone who could see ego games long before I took drugs; I experienced various metaphysical phenomena often associated with psychedelics as a child (telepathy, psychic predictions come true, whatever). I'm not sure if this means I'm so special, or "mystical" - after all, in the context of the mainstream, it's not hard to be weird or different.

My point is though, that delving too deep and too often into the mystical can separate you from society to the point that you actually go mad because you are dislocating yourself too much from concencus reality. (even though it is retarded). Regard the mystical as sacred. You're damn lucky, after all, considering our sins to mother earth, that it is still accessible.

If it is approached too frequently and carelessly, it will fuck you over just as much as avoiding and repressing it does. Look at Sid Barrett - he "reached for the secret too soon", and now his potential is lost in quantum space.

As Phoenix said, approach psychedelics with caution. They contain unknown power. If you can handle the pressure of being unique and considered mad, go for it. If you can experience raw reality and thus admit that your body is nothing but a pile of nerves for receiving electrical impulses, go for it. If you can come to grips with the fact that, as a part of western society, you are a murderer, pedophile, serial killer, and racist dictator, go for it. If you can have the guts to realise that these mushrooms you are eating contain the spirits of dead things, and if they have a mind, which they do, they think of you as nothing but a little shitmonkey trying to conceive the impossibility of the universe. Go for it.

Anyhoo..I feel I might be preaching to the choir.

Keep up the good work everyone!

-Merry Indoor Holidays,
from your most beloved,
Radcliffe Evangelion Karpovitch weed4lifehomies420.

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Drugs and Sanity (please read) [Re: Gog]
    #3541842 - 12/25/04 11:34 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

does DARE really say salvia is just placebo? what a bunch of morons!

(good post by the way :smile: )

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Drugs and Sanity (please read) [Re: Krishna]
    #3542023 - 12/25/04 01:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

with sanity we look for a healthiness (sane body, sane mind) which would be sustainable, even self sustaining, resiliant.
sanity is a foundation to build personal and community life upon.

use of some drugs is not consistent with these interpretations of sanity.
People differ with their reaction, some will go insane with stimulants, others with opiates, others with hallucinogens, many with alcohol, & afew with cannibis.

variety is the spice of life and the source of insanity is usually externalized unfairly

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being