Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Bush dodgers
    #3532251 - 12/22/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It's pretty easy to immigrate to Canada if you've got some money, are a professional, etc.

Some established Americans are doing just that. Cuz they don't wanna live under president Bush. They are fed up with America's conservative ways.

I wonder how many will actually come.

Hundreds of Americans have expressed a desire to come to leave the U.S. in the wake of Bush's win.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Bush dodgers [Re: carbonhoots]
    #3532393 - 12/22/04 03:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Cool. If they don't want to stick around and make some change in the system, good riddance, we don't need them here. I like Canada too, but I feel sorry for you guys having to let in all those lazy ass, whiny American bitches. :lol:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Bush dodgers [Re: carbonhoots]
    #3532395 - 12/22/04 03:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

>> I wonder how many will actually come.

not that many ppl would have the money in this minimum-wage economy...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Re: Bush dodgers [Re: Annapurna1]
    #3532462 - 12/22/04 04:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah.

If you are broke-ass Joe Average, forget about becoming a Bush refugee in Canada.

What kind of impact will these folks have on Canadian culture? Even Democratic politics are too right wing for most Canadians. They'd better leave their noe-con tendancies at home!

The draft dodgers are sometimes credited with introducing marijuana farming to British Columbia, as this was how a lot of them made their living what with being underground and all.

But this latest flock of exiles is quite different.

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Edited by carbonhoots (12/22/04 04:12 PM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Bush dodgers [Re: DNKYD]
    #3532553 - 12/22/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
Cool. If they don't want to stick around and make some change in the system, good riddance, we don't need them here. I like Canada too, but I feel sorry for you guys having to let in all those lazy ass, whiny American bitches. :lol:

I dunno, if i was american, i'd be very tempted to move somewhere else, i'd feel somewhat desperate and without any hope for the future in america. And canadians are probably very happy to have those "whiny" americans in their country instead of having those dumb ignorant american fools in it.

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Bush dodgers [Re: exclusive58]
    #3532637 - 12/22/04 05:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:

I dunno, if i was american, i'd be very tempted to move somewhere else, i'd feel somewhat desperate and without any hope for the future in america. And canadians are probably very happy to have those "whiny" americans in their country instead of having those dumb ignorant american fools in it.

:lol: Gotta love the Europeans

Also good riddance to anyone who does leave because of Bush.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Bush dodgers [Re: d33p]
    #3532704 - 12/22/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

For real.. good riddance.

No one wanted to watch the movie they brought to the party, so they're pouting and trying to find another party down the block. Pout pout pout.
Have fun Canada, you're apparently about to get an influx of arrogant loudmouths.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Bush dodgers [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3534768 - 12/23/04 03:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't think that americans would leave the country just because of the reelection of bush itself. I think that the reelection is a symbole of what state of mind many americans are in these days, a state of mind that is spreading and spreading it seems. You can't fight against that, why not flee? The earth is ours, you're not obliged to live where you are born right?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3534811 - 12/23/04 04:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

> I think that the reelection is a symbole of what state of mind many americans are in these days

Before the election I might have disagreed with you... now I am not so sure that you are incorrect. There is a large chunk of the American population that believe that moral values should be legislated; that it is their duty to God to protect themselves from the less desirable types. These are typically people that call themselves Christian, but have no real understanding of the teachings of Jesus. These are the people that often quote single lines from the Bible, out of context, to make a point. These are the people that wont accept you in their church if you are not clean shaved, wearing a suit and tie. And unfortunately, these are the people that for the most part are running the country. As far as these people are concerned, they are saved (born again) and doing God's work, therefore nothing they do is wrong.

> You can't fight against that, why not flee?

Already did... I lived for thirty years in the US before I realized that it wasn't going to get any better... so I left and made a new home in a new country. For all of her flaws, at least America still lets you leave.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Bush dodgers [Re: Seuss]
    #3535556 - 12/23/04 11:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Aren't the Virgin Islands a U.S. territory?

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Bush dodgers [Re: Mushmonkey]
    #3536628 - 12/23/04 04:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah and I'll be saying good riddance when one of you fuckers are arrested & sentenced to 10 years in jail for a victimless crime. :lol: Not really though, that would suck. But seriously... you would think differently if you were confronted with the bullshit system that most of this country runs on. Unless of course you have tons of $$$, then well don't worry about it, you won't do any time.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Bush dodgers [Re: Adamist]
    #3537755 - 12/23/04 10:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't agree with more than half of what our current United States Dictator Government does, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna run from it. I was born into a land where I was promised certain inalienable rights, freedom to live and let live. We will change the system. It will take a long time, but we will change it. I'm not packing up and heading for the hills just because we have a dictator in our White House.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Bush dodgers [Re: DNKYD]
    #3537966 - 12/24/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

We all have our own paths to follow.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Bush dodgers [Re: Adamist]
    #3538256 - 12/24/04 06:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am a firm believer of the whole "You cannot make a change unless you stay" point of view, but after a while it seems stupid.

The only real threat to our government is the people. We have the power to do it, but we wont. People are lazy, and do not think that they matter. Unless we took on an ad campaign as large as "TRUTH about smoking" I dont think we could even get people to blink.

Sometimes you need to live for the moment. And this moment is being fucked up by the officials that i did not elect.

I believe in fighting for the future though, but how? A civil war? Should I shoot up a govt building, I am sure that willmake everyone relize that they are bieng lied to and change their habbits. What about writing a letter to them, telling them that I do not appreciate how they are doing things.

It takes sheer force, money, high profile people, and lots of weapons to win this war.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Bush dodgers [Re: tak]
    #3538297 - 12/24/04 06:43 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the problem is the people that want a revolution are the ones that are less inclined to want to use weapons...mlk jr. did it without violence.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Bush dodgers [Re: Hendostan]
    #3539021 - 12/24/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'd say its very hard to be in the position of an awakened american these days. I wouldn't like to be in that position, i don't know what i would do.
But the truth is if you're gonna stay, you're gonna need lots of hope and goodwill if you're wanting to change anything, and that is no promise that anything WILL change.

tough

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #3539134 - 12/24/04 12:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

> Aren't the Virgin Islands a U.S. territory?

There are two sets of Virgin Islands, British (BVI) and US (USVI). I stay intentionally vague about which of the two I am living within.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale