Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Commune starting up! Need any help the Shroomites can give concerning alternate energy technologies.
    #3532255 - 12/22/04 05:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hi All,

That's right! Myself and a group of close friends are near actualizing our dreams of building a fully self-sustainable community. But we need the shroomites help!

We have entered the research phase and are interested in finalizing our plans on what forms of alternate energy we will employ.

Our goals are to be 100% fully sustainable and "off the grid." We are very interested in underground dwellings and the possibility of having a few Earthshps on our property. Links here: http://www.earthship.com/staticpages/index.php?page=sale&osCsid=609357e5f5fa7d57373754bb1464c047

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0442273118/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/002-3096315-4926455

Any suggestions or help offered towards our goals would be much appreciated. I will keep you all updated as tp our progress.

Thanks and good luck

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Commune starting up! Need any help the Shroomites can give concerning alternate energy technologies. [Re: MXNR]
    #3532392 - 12/22/04 05:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

hmmm if you get with me in about a year i might have a great thing for you. i have an alternate energy source idea thats just plain awesome (sorry i wont tell you about it). the best part of it all is it can be made big enough to power a city or small enough to to power a house and everything in between. im giving my initial plans to an draftsman on the 24th and just got off the phone with a patent guy about 5 minutes ago. pm me in about 2 months and ill let you know how its going and possible prices. still got to find a way to get it manufactured but im working on that and have an appointment to talk about that sort of things in about a 3 weeks. kinda crazy how this got asked right after i got off the phone. oh yeah tell me more about your community, im kinda interested.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

InvisibleHarveyWalbanger
Demiurge
Male

Loc: 8b
Re: Commune starting up! Need any help the Shroomites can give concerning alternate energy technologies. [Re: MXNR]
    #3532696 - 12/22/04 07:45 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The Living off the grid thread... incase you never read it...

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
    #3532725 - 12/22/04 07:55 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Great idea, this is what I've wanted to do for some time. :thumbup:
Have you checked out the monolithic dome? http://www.monolithic.com/thedome/thedome/

I'm looking into making solar energy collectors non silicone to power my dewling.

Edited by CosmicMind (12/22/04 08:02 PM)

OfflineMXNR
Did the Mushroom choose you?
Male

Loc: MARS
Re: Commune starting up! Need any help the Shroomites can give concerning alternate energy technolog [Re: HarveyWalbanger]
    #3533070 - 12/22/04 09:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the link to the "off the grid" thread, it is right up my alley. Also, I'm very interested in all of the ideas being presented. The research continues and i would love it if you kept them coming.

--------------------
Master: Everyday change your clothes and eat your food and you will become enlightened.

Pupil: Master, I do not understand...

Master: If you don't understand, eat your food and change your clothes.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #3537794 - 12/24/04 12:49 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Earthships and underground dwellings are pretty good designs, but there are others, some of which may be more suited for your conditions and needs.

Have a look around the organic archetecture forums:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/organic_architecture/

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Commune starting up! Need any help the Shroomites can give concerning alternate energy technologies. [Re: Cosm]
    #3539613 - 12/24/04 04:46 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Cosm, is that your dome house? I read up a lot on them and they seem pretty fucking tight.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

Re: Commune starting up! Need any help the Shroomites can give concerning alternate energy technolog [Re: MXNR]
    #3541968 - 12/25/04 01:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Check into stuff like airconditioning/ heating using the earth as its means to eather stay cool in the summer or reducing heating costs in the winter. You have a 50 foot whole dug into the eart. down there the ground stays at something like a constant 52 degrees. So for heating you dont have to waste energy by heating outside air temps.

Using a passive water pump by using tubing thats painted white and black so that the convection within it makes the water flow. Then solar water heaters are easy enough to make. a box with a black liner with copper tubbing running in it. Fill with water cover top with glass use the black and white tubeing and you can use that system to heat your bath water rrr something.

--------------------

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Commune starting up! Need any help the Shroomites can give concerning alternate energy technologies. [Re: downforpot]
    #3544753 - 12/26/04 07:06 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

downforpot no that isn't my home just giving an example of a cheap alternative that can be attractive and efficient.Ive heard of a man in Alaska who built one of these and with foam insulation is able to heat his home with a hair dryer!! It would be like living in a rock or underground practically indestructible re bar reinforced concrete.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology