Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleveggie

Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. * 1
    #3530319 - 12/22/04 03:48 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

American link to 22 arrests
Dec 21 2004
iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk

Police have arrested 22 people - including three in Coventry and Warwickshire - who were suspected of buying hard drugs on the internet.

The National Crime Squad (NCS) ran the two-week arrest operation using intelligence which came to light during an investigation by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

The US investigation found that a man had died of an overdose of a drug called 2-CI which he bought from a web-site registered to a man in Las Vegas.

He was selling the drugs across the globe and the DEA believed that people in the UK were among his customers.

Parcels containing 2-CI, a hallucinogen, were being imported into the UK.

The NCS investigated the destination of the goods before passing on the information to police forces, which led to the latest arrests. Of the 22 arrested, one was in Warwickshire and three were in the West Midlands.

A West Midlands Police spokesman said: "Two men in their twenties were arrested in Coventry on suspicion of possession of Class A drugs.

"They have been released on police bail."

Jim Gamble, deputy director-general of the NCS, said: "The internet has become the street corner for many drug users and by working in partnership with the DEA, the crime squad and police forces throughout the country have been able to arrest people suspected of purchasing drugs on-line.

"This operation demonstrates our ability to respond to new crime trends and protect members of the public from harm.

"Action taken over the last few weeks will hopefully prevent further deaths and over-doses.

"A drug supply route between the USA and the UK has been dismantled and anyone considering purchasing drugs on-line should think again - the crime squad and other law enforcement agencies will track you down."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: veggie]
    #3530500 - 12/22/04 06:14 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Gestapo

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: blink]
    #3530527 - 12/22/04 06:37 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

why in the fuck do i never know of these sites to get some before they go down? man :frown:  never done 2c-I, people on here claim its a good experience.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: ]
    #3530604 - 12/22/04 08:01 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Kottonmouth said:
why in the fuck do i never know of these sites to get some before they go down?

It's still out there, keep looking :smile:

--------------------

Invisibleveggie

Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: blink]
    #3531680 - 12/22/04 02:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

It's still out there, keep looking

This is true. A quickie search will yield numerous sites that sell various PHENETHYLAMINES (including 2-CI) and TRYPTAMINES, etc.

(note: Obviously, just because a website exists doesn't mean it is reputable, or that the products it sells are safe)

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3533054 - 12/22/04 09:19 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Mmm... 2-CI.

Wonderful experiences with that. :thumbup:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: Adamist]
    #3533404 - 12/22/04 10:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Wonderful experiences with that

:smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Invisibleillustrain
Bred in Captivity
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the bend.
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: motaman]
    #3533479 - 12/22/04 11:10 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

OH MY! 2c-i. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: illustrain]
    #3533527 - 12/22/04 11:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

:shocked:!

:pill:--> :eek: --> :eyeball: -->:thumbup:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
    #3533734 - 12/22/04 11:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

although i personally enjoyed my share of rc's, if anyone incendently or accidently breaks any shroomery.org rules/policies regarding research chemicals they will receive a ban .

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Anonymous

Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: motaman]
    #3535447 - 12/23/04 01:03 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

" :smirk: "

Invisibleasd11
final sky

Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: ]
    #3541677 - 12/25/04 09:35 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

No, they have arrested 20 dealers/users...lets see, according to my figures that leaves them about 30 million more to catch up to

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: asd11]
    #3552238 - 12/28/04 01:10 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Anyone that is still ordering RCs thru the net.... boy you got some balls of steal.

I would definatly recommend against it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #3572782 - 01/02/05 09:37 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Does anybody have any more information about this person's OD death? I've tried google, but all the links are for this article. I'm interested in finding out just how much he took. But of course the cops won't release this information, since it would help people become more informed about dosing themselves.

Invisibleveggie

#3952260 - 03/22/05 04:05 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Las Vegas man admits selling drug used in fatal overdose
March 22, 2005
2theadvocate.com

A Las Vegas man admitted selling the designer drugs used in a fatal overdose of a St. Francisville quadriplegic.

Michael James Burton, 25, pleaded guilty Monday in Baton Rouge federal court to the most-severe count of the four-count indictment against him.

Because the count for drug possession and distribution ties into the death of 22-year-old James Downs, it carries a penalty range of 20 years to life in prison.

The severity of the maximum penalty also deterred Burton from proceeding with his attorney's plan to challenge the constitutionality of the laws prohibiting the chemicals Burton sold.

Attorney Frank Holthaus had talked about "esoteric chemistry" and chemical compounds that are similar, but not the same, as certain illegal drugs.

"The only way to preserve such a challenge is to go to trial and risk a life sentence just to get an issue before the Supreme Court," Holthaus said. "It's just not worth the risk."

As it is, the only way Burton's sentence could be less than 20 years is if his cooperation with federal authorities proves so valuable that federal prosecutors decide to ask U.S. District Judge Frank J. Polozola for a shorter sentence.

Burton is being held in the West Baton Rouge Parish Jail without bond.

The case against his accused accomplice, Keith Russart, 25, is still pending.

Burton's arrest resulted from a nationwide Drug Enforcement Agency investigation targeting Internet dealers of so-called designer drug analogues marketed as "research chemicals" as if not for human consumption.

The investigation in July 2004 led to 10 arrests in Georgia, California, Arizona and Nevada plus more arrests later in Great Britain.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Jennifer Kleinpeter presented a statement of facts in the case Monday in court as agreed to by Burton.

The document described how Burton from February 2003 through July operated American Chemical Supply, using the Internet site at www.americanchemcialsupply. com to sell drugs to individual customers in the United States and other nations.

Burton obtained his chemicals from China and Germany plus some suppliers in the United States, federal authorities said.

The drugs sold have similar effects as Ecstasy or LSD, but a slightly altered chemical makeup.

Federal authorities warn they are dangerous because they come in powder form -- instead of pills -- and users can't be sure of the correct dosage.

Downs bought two such chemicals online, paying $265 in February or March 2004 to receive two blue glass vials in the mail, according to court documents.

He took one of them on March 9, 2004, to "get high," according to court documents.

After sticking his tongue in the powder, Downs experienced blurred vision, uncontrollable shaking and a fever.

Within an hour of his arrival at Lane Memorial Hospital in Zachary, his temperature reached 108 degrees and he began having seizures. He went into a coma until his death on March 13, 2004.

As part of Burton's plea agreement, federal prosecutors have agreed to dismiss the remaining counts against him, all of which involved drug sales to undercover agents.

Burton agreed to forfeit to the U.S. government all profits from the drug sales, equipment used in the sales and rights to his Internet address.

According to the initial complaint filed against him, Burton sold 1,533 products during a three-month period last year, earning $300,000 in sales.

He wired his money to offshore accounts through banks in the West Indies and Lithuania.

In the statement of fact agreed to Monday, Burton acknowledged two credit card-processing companies still owe him between $123,000 and $143,000.

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: baraka]
    #3957664 - 03/23/05 03:19 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
Anyone that is still ordering RCs thru the net.... boy you got some balls of steal.

I would definatly recommend against it.

Did RC's become illegal or something?

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: Website selling 2-CI shutdown. 22 busted. [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #3958048 - 03/23/05 07:55 AM (11 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
Did RC's become illegal or something?

Essentially: these people are being prosecuted under the analogue act, so it's safe to assume that just about all RC's fall under the analogue act, and as such are illegal.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisibleveggie

Internet drug-sale penalty: 13 years [Re: veggie]
    #4865950 - 10/29/05 03:23 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Internet drug-sale penalty: 13 years
By PENNY BROWN ROBERTS
Advocate staff writer

October 29, 2005 - 2theadvocate.com

When Michael Burton started selling designer drugs over the Internet, he never imagined anyone would get hurt.

That was before James Edward Downs -- a 22-year-old St. Francisville quadriplegic -- dipped the tip of his tongue into a little blue vial of white powder from American Chemical Supply, developed a 108-degree temperature, had a seizure, went into a coma and died.

"This is definitely a wake-up call of actions versus consequences," the 25-year-old Burton said Friday in federal court before he was sentenced to 13 years in prison. "There are things that could happen you might never foresee."

U.S. District Judge Frank Polozola also ordered him to pay nearly $16,000 in restitution to Downs' family, and more than $5,000 to Ingenix Subrogation Services, a firm involved in Downs' health-care costs. Burton also must forfeit all the proceeds from his business as well as his Web site.

"This case is symbolic of what a lot of people have been saying for a very long time and that is that there is no such thing as a victimless drug crime," Polozola said. "You just happened to be lucky because you took the same drugs and nothing happened."

The sentencing concludes a case that last summer launched a national federal investigation into Internet sites that sell designer drugs under the guise of "research chemicals."

Burton -- one of 11 people arrested across the country -- admitted in March that he sold the Ecstasy-like substance that led to Downs' death via an online company called American Chemical Supply.

Burton is from Las Vegas; Downs lived in St. Francisville, which is why the case was prosecuted in Baton Rouge federal court.

The investigation targeted so-called analogue drugs, which produce the same stimulant and hallucinatory effects as Ecstasy or LSD, but have a slightly altered chemical makeup so they are less easily identified as controlled substances.

Authorities say dealers also try to avoid prosecution by selling the substances as "research chemicals" that are not intended for human consumption. But because they come in powder rather than pill form -- and recommended dosages can vary by as little as a milligram -- users run a higher risk of overdosing.

A criminal complaint filed in the case indicates ACS made $300,000 in Internet sales during one three-month period, wired to offshore accounts through banks in the West Indies and Lithuania. The company also spent more than $10,000 advertising its wares on Google, a mainstream Internet search site.

In late February or early March of 2004, Downs went online and ordered two "research chemicals" -- IAP and 2C-T-21 -- for $265 from American Chemical Supply. On March 9, he took some of the powder and started experiencing blurred vision, uncontrollable shaking and increased body temperature.

He lapsed into a coma and died four days later.

"I want to offer my condolences to the Downs family," Burton said Friday. "I never could have imagined it would come to this. I never knew James, but I'm sure his tragic loss is deeply felt."

Downs' parents -- Johnny and Charlotte Downs -- did not attend the sentencing and declined to comment through their lawyer, David Shelby.

Shelby told Polozola he hoped Burton's sentence would mean "tragedies like this can be avoided with other young people in this country."

Burton faced between 12 and 15 years in prison. In pronouncing sentence, the judge noted that Burton had ingested the chemicals he claimed to sell strictly for research, and also had a "drinking problem."

As additional reasons for the 13-year term, Polozola also cited Burton's "immaturity" and a "lack of parental structure while he was growing up whether he wants to admit it or not."

"The court also has to take into consideration there was a problem here with the death of a young person," Polozola said. "While nobody made Mr. Downs take those drugs, those in this business have to face the consequences."

After the hearing, U.S. Attorney David Dugas said there is evidence that analogue drug distribution nationwide has fallen since the arrests last summer.

At the time the investigation began, Dugas said, the sale of designer drugs over the Internet was a "growing trend."

"It was disturbing because these drugs are typically new and their dosage and effect are often unknown to the users and therefore more dangerous than traditional drugs like cocaine or marijuana," he said. "I hope this prosecution makes members of the public aware of the danger of experimenting with any drug -- but particularly with designer drugs."

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Internet drug-sale penalty: 13 years [Re: veggie]
    #4866576 - 10/29/05 11:32 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

but have a slightly altered chemical makeup so they are less easily identified as controlled substances.

right, leave it to a brainwashed conformist zombie of a news reporter to lay down the rights and wrongs between the two worlds. thats obviously just for show to make us look like such bad criminals.

It's like... do you think they ever took account for the fact that every living creature on earth seeks a way of intoxication at one point or another im sure, even though we may not have advanced far enough to know, but im sure every microparticle has its party juice. And it seems every living creatures right to be able to use and explore everything this place has to offer.

OfflineThePredator
Your a eunich ifyou don't useunix!

Re: Internet drug-sale penalty: 13 years [Re: CptnGarden]
    #4870556 - 10/30/05 02:33 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

The man who stuck his tongue in a substance without knowing how much to take deserved to die. The gene pool really needs to be cleaned out.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service