Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinekomiyokaze
Stranger
need advice for my P. azurescens cake
    #3530144 - 12/22/04 02:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I went hunting in walla walla washington. After a midly succesful day (i found a few Pan. cyanescens) i stumbled onto a full grown, perfect P. azurescens specimen. I was many miles off of town and did my best to support brace the mushroom for the ride back... the cap broke into three peices, but i still got some spores from it. I made up three basic vermaculite/whole grain cakes and tried to inoculate them with the few lack luster spores i had. I didn't expect any to actualy culturlize, but one did begin to. It's been very very slow though, i started it soon after thanksgiving and now as it's christmas its only about 25% culturlized. All i really want is to get at least one good shroom off of the cake to get a decent print and start a real batch. P. azurescens are very rare in my area, i have only found them once before and i have been hunting aggressively for near two years. How long can i leave the rice cake before the mycelium is negatively affected? should i just put the cake into my terrium and cauterize the uncolonized areas? any suggestions or advice is very appreciated, peace.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
Re: need advice for my P. azurescens cake [Re: komiyokaze]
    #3530280 - 12/22/04 03:23 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

not to insult or anything, i see you have a somewhat older reg date, so you might be a lurker, but this is def. not the optimal setup for azurescens
according to abert, one of the few to do azures indoors, you should be keeping your temps between 23-25?C or 73-77?F
you probably should spawn these cakes to alder chips or something of the like if indeed you can get them colonized
here are some links to get you started,
get to reading, i realize everything on these pages doesn't apply exclusively to indoor cultivation but it is still important to read:
http://www.fungifun.org/azurescens/
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23955
http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25150

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

Edited by muse_sick (12/22/04 03:24 AM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: need advice for my P. azurescens cake [Re: muse_sick]
    #3531390 - 12/22/04 01:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Good luck getting azures to fruit from a PF cake as well....do alot of reading and use it as spawn..forget trying to get a spore print from the cake. You have mycelium, thats better then spores..you can split that jar into a dozen more and a liquid culture then use those to spawn to some woodchips and THEN try and fruit and get some prints..either way you'll have the liquid culture to fall back on. Keep it sterile though and read up before doing these things so you dont loose your specimen. Hopefully some more experienced with azures people will come by to help you out more..good luck in whatever you do!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinekomiyokaze
Stranger
Re: need advice for my P. azurescens cake [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3536665 - 12/23/04 06:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the advice from both your parts, i'd never read about azurence growing, and foolishly assumed it to be similair to cubenis - i will spawn the cakes to alder chips as soon as i can and keep you updated on my progress.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: need advice for my P. azurescens cake [Re: komiyokaze]
    #3536776 - 12/23/04 07:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

so azures are somewhat within driving of your area. that means that there is a 99.99% chance they will grow in your area with little or no help. You might as well start an outdoor bed. So what if you live with your parents. Just start a small bed outside near some shady plants. You will never get them to grow indoors unless you have mad skills

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation