Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
I had an idea
    #3530093 - 12/22/04 12:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So like, I know several spots that produce sprawling patches of Chanterelles , pounds and pounds.. What do you guys think about harvesting a few pounds and trying to sell them to the local gourmet restaurants.. I live near a big city and within 20 minutes drive are the best restaurants in Atlanta.. A good way for a student to make some extra cash... Would this work? is it legal to harvest wild Chanterelles in a state park? I assume private property they are free game.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleivi
 User Gallery

Re: I had an idea [Re: 2Experimental]
    #3530145 - 12/22/04 12:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I don't know about America, but where I live it is legal to collect and sell mushrooms from state forests. In fact many elder people do so and then sell mushrooms in the market or to the dealers who further distribute them to shops and restaurants. During the season it is very easy to find out what edibles in what quantities are out in the forests by simply taking a walk through a market :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3530150 - 12/22/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I only know the rules in Washington but here it's 5 pounds per person per trip for harvesting edibles from state parks. If you have a commercial license for it, I think it's double that. When restaurants and grocery stores buy from individuals they definitely want to see a license. Fortunately, it's easy to get. Hope this helps.

-BP

OfflineUmmGood
Stranger

Re: I had an idea [Re: BitterPill]
    #3530276 - 12/22/04 01:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

hey 2experimental... where ya from in atlanta? i live right in the heart of downtown..

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
    #3530283 - 12/22/04 01:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It is easy to get a license to sell gourmet mushrooms? I was under the impression registering a business cost a good chunk of $$
I can see how that would help though.

Ummgood: I don't live in Atlanta.. I live round thurr :smile:

InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #3530296 - 12/22/04 01:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yep I believe it's pretty simple. I hope to get one soon too. :thumbup:

Here are the details for Montana as an example. I wasn't able to find any for GA off hand but I'm guessing it's similar:
Quote:

Non-commercial/Non-concentrated Use – Persons twelve years of age and older are required to have in their possession a State Land Recreational Use License.  This license covers most forms of non-commercial and non-concentrated recreational activities, including the picking of mushrooms, on legally accessible state lands that are not closed or restricted to such use by rule or by DNRC.  This license also allows for use of most state land for other types of non-commercial recreational activities.  The State Land Recreational Use License is available from any FW&P License Agent, FW&P Regional Office or DNRC Land Office.  The cost of a license ranges from $5 to $20, depending on factors such as age or family status.

Commercial/Concentrated Use -- If the mushrooms will be sold, a Special Recreational License must be obtained.  This license is also required for concentrated recreational activities conducted by groups or organizations on legally accessible state lands.  Special Recreational Licenses are only available through your local DNRC Land Office.  The cost for the Special Recreational License for mushroom-picking is as follows:

7-day permit - $30        14-day permit - $60      21-day permit - $100    30-day permit - $120     
Seasonal Permit - $150

As with any recreational activity, licenses must be in the person’s possession while on state land.  All persons must, upon request from a game warden, DNRC employee, or law enforcement officer, must present their state land recreational use license for inspection.  Failure to possess or present a license for inspection constitutes trespass.

-BP

Edited by BitterPill (12/22/04 01:58 AM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3530871 - 12/22/04 07:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

One of the primary reason for liscenses to sell shrooms is that the person who picks them is knowledgable in the identification of shrooms and that the person who is selling the shrooms knows what he is picking and will not poison ouns self or others through his/her actions.

There is a reason for having a permit to sell. The Public market in downtown Settle gets their shrooms from reliable sources. The weekend market opened form May through October int he U district has two sells of edible wild and/or cultivated shrooms. DOnna lives int he Olympics, the other dealer grows and picks,. He has taken a few of Stamets's courses.

mj

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
Re: I had an idea [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3530978 - 12/22/04 08:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It can also be very helpfull to be liscensed when you pick actives because it gives police and civillians alike the impression that you ARE picking edibles- it lends credibility. I think a seasonal liscense here runs (pricewise) concurrent with what BitterPill posted. Must be near standard. Damn good money for a pasttime too. Good luck and don't overpick the parks please. Other people like them too and greed is bad, but you know that.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #3533140 - 12/22/04 07:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Technically it's illegal to remove anything from a state or federal park unless you have a permit or license to do so(ie: fishing permit).

That's never stopped me though. My biggest chanterelle patch covers about 2 square miles in a federal park near my house and I've come out of there with 10+ pounds of chants and never had any problems with the rangers.

I too have thought of selling chants to some up the up scale steak places out in the Alpharetta area. Just wonder if:
1. If they'd trust that I know what I'm doing.
2. They know what chanterelles are.
3. How to cook them.

I might give it a shot in the summer though. All else fails I could give them to a viet friend of mine to take to that asian area of buford highway and sell them for me.

Invisible2Experimental
Male User Gallery
Re: I had an idea [Re: Gumby]
    #3533413 - 12/22/04 08:53 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There is a-lot of upscale places in Alpharetta for sure... But even finer restaurants just south in Atlanta..

Good to know you have not had a problem picking.. A secluded park I know about over here produces tons of chants too..

1- Don't know :confused:

2- Print a short info page about chanterelles and why they are so good

3- Cook some FOR THEM.. teach them that they MUST be cooked to taste good.. After that, eat a few of the batch you bring in to prove to them they ARE legit chanterelles..

After you establish credibility with a place and they try them out, I am sure you could establish a group of buyers..

All you gotta do is re-assure them what you have really IS a gourmet mushroom

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #3535060 - 12/23/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Usually trained, legit chefs know about chantrelles and how to cook them- you can generally gauge this by the overall quality of the food- ask yourself- "Is this a place at which a professional chef would be required to prepare food"- and then- "does this resteraunt lend itself to variability in their cuisine- this is to say do they change their menu nightly for specials. and thus use hard to prepare, fresh quality food for upscale customers?" Atlanta is a spectacular place to start. And it is the only place local enough to you to begin. It is wortht the trip- first be sure to set prices that aren't too cheap to lessen the profoundly cool impact of looking legit, and not to high to exceed what you can get on say...ebay. Dress very nicely and know how to cook them for the resteraunt on the spot- trust me-everyone will want a taste. A lot of cooks and resteraunteurs are very excited to have this option, since it lends the resteraunt a cosmopolitan feel, which if you have ever been to ATL by the way, is what they are shooting for in their intense feud for top dog against the Charlotte affair. Good luck- you son of a bitch- now I want chantrelles....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom