Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
The bigger picture....
    #3527546 - 12/21/04 01:52 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hey, it's been a while since I posted in here...but I have just had some interesting thoughts (while coming out of the shower  :lol:

Anyway, pretty much everyone here has seen the bigger picture, and I have some thoughts on this, and how this has spawned religions. I find it hard to get all this down into words, but I'll do my best.  :laugh:

Basically, to me, evolution seems to be a chemical change rather then "survival of the fittest", and this change seems to be set in stone so to speak, in essence, it is part of the bigger picture.  Most of us put a lot more into the psychedelic state then just being high and seeing shit, we see it as altered consciousness. Earth will not last forever, and life on it will most likely end long before the sun goes nova.

It seems that we are evolving into a more enlightened state, one that will climax into a psychedelic state that will take us away from this dimension into the next phase of the bigger picture. People who see this, or become enlightened (whether through tripping, meditation, etc) have gotten the point and are ready to move on, when they die, they go on to this next phase. Those who don't get it are reincarnated and continue this cycle until they do. This reflects Buddhism and Hinduism, as well as many other philosophies. This evolution is supposed to take us away from this world before it's destroyed, which brings me to Christianities perspective, or rather, just the end of it.  The 2nd coming of Christ could actually refer to this chemical evolution (our brain chemistry is altered to put us into a psychedelicized state, catapulting us into the next phase, those who have stubborn refused to learn/accept this will freak out, and be reincarnated again....thus living again on our planet which gets super hot when the sun starts to die and melts, literally turning into a lake of fire. Another thought is, those who freak won't be reincarnated, but will not understand or be able to take this transition, and anyone who has had a difficult or "bad" trip can attest to it being hell.

Nothing last though, so everyone will eventually adjust, and we'll keep on working our way up the spiral, and keep going on through whatever this process we're involved in is.  There is a whole lot more going on than any of us realize.  Anyway, this is just some food for thought, I figured I'd write it down and see what you think about. Peace and good vibes to all.  :sun:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The bigger picture.... [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3527631 - 12/21/04 02:20 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

getting a bigger picture is good.
this sense of persective is good.
(full of wonder)
the specifics and remapping into supermario christian mumbo jumbo mixed with evolution and psychedellic is not that good.

I don't think the big picture can be reduced so easily, it is so much better to learn to stay in wonder "like a child". That too is part of enlightenment (nasty word), I mean being still, not talking, open - receptive.

(BTW evolution is about what it is about even if god told you personally otherwise. it is probably catchy for trippers because of the morpheability and we like stuff that is bendy especially if it reaches for the light. but the picture book evolutionary morepheability relates to genetic mutation and survival)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis (Retired)
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3528316 - 12/21/04 05:33 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

good post. there is truth in it.

i think science minded individuals should realize that in these cases we are using evolution as functional metaphor for something else, not using it in the dictionary sense of the word.

in my oppinion the development of a species to better cope with changing enviromental conditions, even if that development is purely mental, can be called evolutionary.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction. This poster is no longer active.

Edited by Moonshoe (12/21/04 05:35 PM)

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: The bigger picture.... [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3530592 - 12/22/04 07:53 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

There is intelligence.

Darwin couldn't see that, that whole time frame he was in was about disproving the old metaphor of 'God' and putting man up as the supreme being. (Had to be done.)

Both of these stances are merely transitional phases in the evolution (lol) of ideas and culture as we adventure into our Self.

All things are true it just depends which angle you look at it and what set of glases you have on - the universe is a compact of so many ideas and so much energy flowing at once. Each usable metaphor humanity applies is but a chip added to the mosaic of understanding. Not more, not less

Isn't it amazing!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3530811 - 12/22/04 09:24 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

It seems that we are evolving into a more enlightened state, one that will climax into a psychedelic state that will take us away from this dimension into the next phase of the bigger picture.

Could that be a more mundane dimension such as migration into space? Im not saying we wont transcend the physical at some point, I wouldnt rule anything out!, but im far from convinced it is our next step..

Perhaps I need to reincarnate a few more times though!!

Peace.

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: The bigger picture.... [Re: CJay]
    #3530823 - 12/22/04 09:28 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I am not sure what darwin actually saw, but I agree that we are floating in infinite reality with infinite variation and it is amazing

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology