Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

In need of advice(pinning)
    #3525377 - 12/20/04 07:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So my cat's cakes began pinning the odd thing is, the pins are on the bottom of the cakes lol, I mean literally growing under the cake near the geolite. Is there something ia m doing to wrong? Should i rip pins off or just flip cakes? (brf cakes) Been in chamber roughly 12 days.

This is only on two cakes so far, one cake has roughly 12 small pins on it and one fatty. Others have around 8. set up is a PMP

Edited by Ramlaen (12/20/04 07:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger

Loc: That Way
Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: Ramlaen]
    #3525451 - 12/20/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

do you mean litterly inder the cake? do you have a layer of verm under the cake? go ahead and flip them.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

Offlinephantasm
DXM GURU
Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: lemon_lw]
    #3525529 - 12/20/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it happens all the time because the water content and the rh are better for them down there you can flip if you want or just let them grow up from there

-mike

--------------------
Only God Grows Amanita Muscaria

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: phantasm]
    #3525535 - 12/20/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ok thx

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3525624 - 12/20/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Myc thrives in a very wet environment "near saturation", pins also love high humidity and a very moist environment thats why you see more mushrooms near the top and/or bottom verm layer if conditions are not optimal for there formation. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: hyphae]
    #3525680 - 12/20/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

should i change something in the chamber to produce different results?

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3525892 - 12/20/04 10:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mist it more often if you can. If not you might consider doing what I did and buy an ultrasonic humidifier and rig it with a timer so that it comes on intermittantly throughout the day and really puts down a heavy mist inside the chamber. You can't just let it run though or you'll get a buildup of condensation and large water droplets forming on your cakes. It's great to use as an "auto-mister" when you can't be there though. GL :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3526660 - 12/21/04 04:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have a poor man pods set up though, shouldn't that have enough humidity?

Offlineballs
thats right
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3527218 - 12/21/04 09:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry to barge in but instead of making my own post ill post here. I just work up and noticed that I still dont have any pins. The humidity is 98%, and the temperature is 27 celcius. Its been over 14 days since i birthed them. Also, the walls of the terrarium have water droplets on them, but not completly covering them. Is that okay? I was also wondering if picking up my cakes gently with my hands is okay?

OfflinePaddomania
Stranger

#3527449 - 12/21/04 11:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ramlaen said:
So my cat's cakes began pinning the odd thing is, the pins are on the bottom of the cakes lol, I mean literally growing under the cake near the geolite. Is there something ia m doing to wrong? Should i rip pins off or just flip cakes? (brf cakes) Been in chamber roughly 12 days.

This is only on two cakes so far, one cake has roughly 12 small pins on it and one fatty. Others have around 8. set up is a PMP

This also occured in my 2nd flush, flip the cakes! Some said putting the cake in black box (uncovered of course) might help. That will prevent light getting near bottom, thus initiating pinning.

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
    #3527648 - 12/21/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Pins started growing under my cakes as well. They were also growing in other spots though. I didn't see the need to flip them over. If that's the ONLY place they are growing, then maybe you should, but if not, then I say leave them.

I had the ultrasonic humidifier, I didn't use the PMP setup. I'm sure you won't be needing the humidifier.

BTW, I have just one successful grow under my belt. The one successful grow out of one attempt. So I'm still a newbie and any info or advise I offer is only mostly my personal opinion.

Good luck and see ya around.
~Desiree~

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: CaRnAgECaNdY]
    #3528700 - 12/21/04 05:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

ok thx for the advice :smile:

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: balls]
    #3529186 - 12/21/04 08:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

balls said:
Sorry to barge in but instead of making my own post ill post here. I just work up and noticed that I still dont have any pins. The humidity is 98%, and the temperature is 27 celcius. Its been over 14 days since i birthed them. Also, the walls of the terrarium have water droplets on them, but not completly covering them. Is that okay? I was also wondering if picking up my cakes gently with my hands is okay?

You should be fine as long as your fanning them several times a day. Lower CO2 levels also triggers pinning. Also you have been giving them 12-16hrs. of light a day right? Try reading this: Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

Re: In need of advice(pinning) [Re: hyphae]
    #3530660 - 12/22/04 06:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yea i was set on the light, but i thought a pmp with two air pumps would do enough air exchange? or am i wrong here?

OfflineRamlaen
Pysconaut
 User Gallery

#3530665 - 12/22/04 06:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

also seems they wer only pinning underneath, so i flipped them for now. Started to mist some more.... seems humidity might be a little low. Wont' know for sure till i can pick up one of those readers. ANy suggestions on a good one?

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3532122 - 12/22/04 02:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Two pumps should be enough for two PMP's. You may be introducing too much fresh air thus lowering RH :wink: just a thought. I recommend one pump and double ending or rolling in verm to hold that extra much needed moisture. The verm will also be a good indicator of how humid it actually is. GL

--------------------
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds