Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Loc: FromSoFarAwayYouWontBelie...
Was this mind control...?
    #3521375 - 12/19/04 05:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is my experience with the Vipassana as taught by S.N. Goenka The Web Site
I am not going to wax eloquently on this and say that its the best meditation technique(the technique is beautiful btw),in fact me and my girlfriend ran away from the ten day course,on day 5...I thought that we were being subliminally programmed!--using electronics.

Since then I have kept my silence,whenever i say something to my friends they feel, I had a psychotic break, which could be true but I leave the final decision to you all....Please understand that this means a lot to me.

The rest of the post will go into the details:

The background : (I will be as brief as posssible)

This is a ten day Resident course in Vipassana meditation, held in a remote place completely cut away from civilisation.The Women and men are housed in separate hostels.
The rules to be strictly adhered to for 10 days:
-No speaking or looking in the eyes of any human.
-Two simple meals a day + tea
-No external communication ( no computer no phone no newspaper no reading material whatsoever)
-Meditation from morning 6:00am to evening 7:30pm with breaks for meals etc.
-Evening 7:30pm to 9:00pm compulsary Video discourse by S.N. Goenka on Dvd.

Everything was going nicely I noticed their audio/video rig in the evening discourse.

If you notice in the above picture there is a radio/cassette deck with a question mark in black.I noticed that the attendent who would put the dvd and play it would also put a cassette into the deck and press play...at the end of 45mins(half of the 90min tape) he would reverse the cassette and press play again without any effect on the audio that was being heard i assume from the dvd player.He used to do this on every day and had a different cassette for everyday marked by day1 day2 etc.

The tape playing with the audio does not make any sense to me except if it was used to subliminally pass messages.The duration of the evening discourse is exactly 90mins--->duration of the tape! I asked the attendent what was in the tape he replied that its the audio in case the audio on the dvd fails!!...That was bullshit for sure ..cause you cant sync the two (ie.Audio on tape + Video on dvd).

As the conspiracy theory started taking ground in my mind I started noticing a lot of things which kinda fit...I could not openly ask about it cause I thought that i was in their domain and that would put me at risk..so i decided to leave ..I did notice some other things..but thats for later..thanks for your time and flames in advance:)

Edited by MetaMountain (12/19/04 08:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecerebral gortex
Prying open my third eye.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Patriots Nation
Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: MetaMountain]
    #3522174 - 12/19/04 08:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Im intrigued...tell me more.

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3522872 - 12/20/04 12:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

why can't the two be synced up ?

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

mind control is not that easy. [Re: jux]
    #3523003 - 12/20/04 12:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you have to stay with vipassana over a long period of time.
noticing such a thing as the tape inconsistency is like the temptation of st. anthony. you were really doing good work and started to be "tempted by mara" that is toatally normal.

I think you should do ~ 20- 40 mins 5 days per week for 2 years before getting more serious, then go back and look for the tape if you are still interested in that sort of thing.

Not having been there I can't say what it was.
I think it is nothing significant. mind control is not that easy.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3523806 - 12/20/04 09:56 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have to go along the lines of what Red said about being "tempted by mara". I don't even know what that means or what vipassana is but I know this.

When we either encouter higher or lower light vibrations from that of our comfort zone, the emotional body responds with fear because something is "different" and we go on alert, if it is a significant change, maybe even into instinctual fight or flight as something strange or different is experienced as a potential threat to our survival.

All sorts of hell can break loose at this point. During "awakenings" we come into the vibrations of the lower astral plane. It's filled with the archetypes and thought forms of conspiracies out to get you, the dualised self or self against the self. It's sort of like a test to pass. The only thing out to get you is you your lower self which the lower astral energy represents.

Your lower self is the self that tells you, you are not worthy, you are bad and wrong and must live in pain and suffering and guilt. If something comes along to pull you up and out of that state, self sabotage behavior kicks in. The lower self will do all it can to make sure you stay DOWN because it believes that's where it belongs.

It is those false beliefs that must be overcome during the passage through integrating the lower self/lower astral plane vibrations. many people experience a lot of paranoia and delusion during that phase of awakening into the higher self realization.

From an outside perspective, it is sort of funny to watch, but it is not for the person going through dealing with overcoming the lower self. Some think the government is out to stop them from awakening into the light and spreading it around, or that their friends and families are out to keep them down, or "evil" in general working through others. It's is all your own lower self being projected out onto the world just acting as it was told to do- keep you DOWN because that's where it was told it belongs.

Once you know this, you can work with electronics to help bust the lower self up and out to the surface for integration into the light of your truth. People get stuck in this phase all to often. When you are aware of what I just wrote, you can laugh your way through it realizing, it's all just the lower you working to keep you down.

There is a lot to be dealt with when navigating your way through the lower self. It deals with issues of having felt controlled by others all throughout your stay in 3-D. During the awakening into faster light vibrations, you regain mastery over realizing YOU are in control of yourself and always have been.

You are dealing with the ideas you have been fed about yourself being bad, wrong, "sinful" less then and undeserving. They were necessary for you to take on to transcend the lower self and be able to live out the duality dramas and experiences of density.

Once overcome that, you can live out your higher light and non dualised self in these physical experiential realms.

I'm attempting to wrap this up in a nutshell and probably left a lot of blanks and questions. If what I wrote isn't enough to work with, I can add.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
    #3523839 - 12/20/04 10:15 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I did 2 vipassanas in the jungle in India...not Goenka, more like classic vipassana with slow, gentle morning and evening yoga thrown in. The meditation was everything, every event and every breath, sitting in the main of course, but all things must become one's meditation.

This is how I see my life now, as a meditation in all aspects.

Everysinglething was done in ultimate slowness, and slower and slower as the days wore on. We slept in the jungle under the stars, rose at 5am for meditation and yoga at sunrise, followed by a piece of fruit. Breakfast of porridge about 11am after more sitting, then sitting until yoga at about 5pm, more sitting until dinner at about 8pm, then more sitting until midnight or longer if possible. After each meal our teacher would give a lesson and readings.

of course no eye contact, speaking or communicating with others throughout; the only exception being a meeting with the teacher if one chose to go to the spot where he would be after evening yoga.

Our teacher was a man who had spent a decade as a sadhu in India, followed by 20 as a buddhist monk. He had since gone freelance and now teaches from all sources, no one religion, but certainly with a huge input from our man the buddha and every spiritual doctrine imaginable. He is a living legend.

They were incredible experiences of the entire spectrum of effects of existence, of myself, and of an insight I had never known.

(I have personally never been attracted to Goenka vipassana)

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: cerebral gortex]
    #3524323 - 12/20/04 01:31 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

cerebral gortex said:
Im intrigued...tell me more.

I dont relly understand if it is me who is chicken or that I really did see mind control in action..but there is one thing for sure that I did notice a couple of discrepancies,and would love to have them debunked:
-The night of the fifth day, during the evening compulsary discourse,I confirmed my tape hypothesis(Please look at the above diagram and comment, its the most important clue).Later I planned my >escape<, they really made it quite clear that that anyone who wishes to leave can't possibly leave now! and that it can be really harmful for the mind and you could 'go mad' even.

I had a huge huge problem on my hands.My girlfriend was in the females section,and there is no way in hell that I could get there!(I could not leave without her, I got her into this in the first place :laugh: ),that place was like a fortress with people with a bell in their hand and umbrella in the other and contantly keeping a vigil.I knew this as I had seen this on my previous night's noctornal meanderings.Despite knowing this ,late in the night at about 2:00am I emerged from my abode.There was a huge thunderstorm with lightning and incessant rain!I was dressed in black head to toe and I was naked feet so as to not make any noise(Tropical monsoon in western india as big as any rain can get X 2 but gets really sqishy squashy with shoes).It was strangely  exciting....

I was soon in the foggy rainy outside and i could not believe my eyes! Not a single dhamma worker around, the place was swarming with them till last night! But nie nich zero today,well kewl :P I made my way slowly through the night and then from corner to corner searching for her room in like 150 of them! I soon realised that I have a uphill task "this is gonna take a shite load of time,dude", I only knew the room number not the location which was all over the foot of a mountain.Damn!!! then suddenly i heard, the bell i <froze> 'Dhammaworkers!'....I jumped into the bush..breathing hard and heart pounding..I waited but no one walked by I was in the forbidden area for men,no 'man' had ever walked there, cause they are very stict about separation of the sexes before vipassana begins.I heard the bell again 'ting-a-ling' almost shat right there! then i noticed peering outta the bush in the brief glow of the lightning...the bells were fixed bells!! moving with the wind, on top of the central pagoda...but they sounded excatly like the bells they used to wake us with and call us to meditation with and sounds exactly like a warning bell when you have fallen outta line at the Cafeteria...I suddenly realised they had sensitised me to that sound....I became even more sure that something was not right with this place...anyways.......   

-

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3524394 - 12/20/04 02:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

rigid discipline I guess
never been attracted to externalizing my own responsibility to the extent that I have willingly gone in for such regimentation.

but is that M*I*N*D C*O*N*T*R*O*L ?

sounds like you get the adventure you really wanted anyway.
would have been a touch better with mulder and scully maybe.

--------------------

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3524481 - 12/20/04 02:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
rigid discipline I guess
never been attracted to externalizing my own responsibility to the extent that I have willingly gone in for such regimentation.

but is that M*I*N*D C*O*N*T*R*O*L ?

I went there at a time when I was really looking for some answers in life.I had heard that the most intense buddhist place was Vipassana..Almost everybody i knew had already done it... pretty cool-lee...walked on..in.

I wanted to and enrolled for a meditation course..there I worked hard in meditation for the first couple of days...very seriously,no cheating by smoking ciggies in the night etc.

Then i saw the audio / rig...Look at the drawing in my upper post...you will see that there is no need for the operator to play a tape while...the dvd is being played.

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
sounds like you get the adventure you really wanted anyway.
would have been a touch better with mulder and scully maybe.

I was an amazingly exhilarating experience its after glow lasted on me and girlfriend for days after...

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: CJay]
    #3524502 - 12/20/04 02:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I am a born Hindu but I knew zilch about 'buddhist meditation'.The Buddha I knew , plenty about ,its a part of the History education in school.(India).

I am still a noob in Buddhists ....was even noober then...

This was my first step towards doing something constructive for my spiritual being.

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3524712 - 12/20/04 03:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Tempted by 'maya' Ilusion....

And the different bardos...

I completely agree with the words of the buddha...but just this one time : What if they are using subliminal messaging + teaching a simple Meditation.Possible?

I saw many things which made me come to this conclusion..Some of them are worth checking out....
Side note:

Saw lovely psilocybe (I am sure they where?..never hunted but these were dead ringers) in the bushes growing in the super humid environs...I was like damn i wish i had my lappy,i could have had shroomery id it :laugh: .But back to my meditation i was with haste...Nice place..they chose for the meditation centre to be in...

OfflineMetaMountain
New hand

Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: jux]
    #3524776 - 12/20/04 03:38 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jux said:
why can't the two be synced up ?

TCRs-Time code recorders so that the Audio and Video can be synched in realtime....a single Time code that audio and video have to follow in order to have sync.

I donot think that the attendent was going to do that for such a basic application nor is it even required.

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3524817 - 12/20/04 03:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe they were jacking you guys up with low vibes under the audio range to bust up your DEEPLY buried and impacted dense stuff so you could use the high vibes and meditation and environment to transcend it.

I work with CDs that do that all in One. However, if they were doing that, I believe they should've told you instead of leaving you to go mad with your whacky repressed stuff knocked loose.

The bottom line is, one way or another we have to face and move through our dark negative side, get to know it as a part of the unknown self and then make it known and put it in our own hands of love, understanding, forgiveness, acceptance and compassion-master it, the proverbial facing and taming your demons.

Until then, the only enemy is our own selves and once we make peace with the whole self, we are then free.

It sounds to me, like in the middle of it, you spooked yourself with your own whacky paranoia vibes that became disheveled and never finished the work. LOL What fun. Now you get to play "the evil Buddhist monks are out to get me." What makes it fun is that all the while it's your own dark negative side just messin with ya.

Life is a trip and a grand adventure indeed.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3524874 - 12/20/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

AWESOME post, Jig... absolutely right on.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3524895 - 12/20/04 04:21 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Some think the government is out to stop them from awakening into the light and spreading it around"

shes absolutely right about this stuff. on the verge of a real breakthrough comes intense fear, because what you are experiencing, from the ego's point of view, is death. the termination of your self identity. So it tries with all its might to stop you with fear. ive succumbed to that once with disasterous results, much like what shes desctibing there. "they know im awake. there coming to shut me down, theyll be here any minuite! bury the drugs!" yikes

another time i went through the fear phase and got beyond it and woah was that ever awesome. AWE some.

but im not saying thats what you had goin on here. this does seem like some extreme reactions to playing a tape though. The tape cant take over your mind man, subliminal messages have been debunked anyways. they dont work.

Cults CAN be scary and crazy places, but that doesnt mean this one was anything other than what it appeared, a resort for enlightenment.

If however, i decided i wanted to leave and they tried to stop me, i would make it very clear that they had better be prepared for lethal force, because i will not tolerate imprisonment.

but, this seems to me like a baseless paranoid reaction to someone playing a tape.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3525069 - 12/20/04 05:09 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

vipassana
stirs stuff up
sounds like it worked
watch it unfold
and be unmoved.
return to the meditation
recovery can take place at any point.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Was this mind control...? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3525171 - 12/20/04 05:47 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

out of curiosity, why cant you make eye contact during the retreat?

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order