Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Incense

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineHolly
pastede on yay

Making my own Blue Lotus extract
    #3524954 - 12/20/04 06:40 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Hello, I'm new!

I have about an ounce of nymphaea cerulea petals and I'd like to know how I could make extract from them. I really hope this hasn't been discussed to death already, but I looked through the archives and couldn't find anything about the actual process of making Blue Lotus extract or resins. Is it true that you can just boil it down into a tar? Or do you have to use alcohol or acetone? I'm not experienced in extraction, so I hope it isn't too complicated. If it is, I'll just invest in some stuff from iamshaman or something, but I'd rather do it myself since I have the flowers already. Thanks!

Holly :sun:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenamaste
RuNnINg OwL
 User Gallery

Loc: Fiddler's Green
Re: Making my own Blue Lotus extract [Re: Holly]
    #3527089 - 12/21/04 11:10 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome!

Sorry I don't have a more precise answer for you.  I don't know how much experience you have with the lotus, but I would suggest running it thru a coffee grinder.  I get the best effects when I ingest the material after it has been soaking in absinthe or vodka.  Even a couple grams of the regular petals are still very potent.

I really don't know much about it's solubility, that maybe why you haven't had more answers...So....

If you're feeling really brave you could try an acid/base extraction, which does involve chemicals.  I don't think there are any teks out yet, so that's probably a bad idea. 

Then I would highly recommend  shamanspalace 5X extract incense, but don't let your regular petals go to waste, they are still very nice :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineHolly
pastede on yay

Re: Making my own Blue Lotus extract [Re: namaste]
    #3528020 - 12/21/04 03:51 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks, I will try that. I wish there were more info out there. Actually, I do like the petals. I make a mild tea and drink it along with a beer or some sake and the effects are very nice, it's an excellent sleep aid. But I was hoping to make some extract to smoke, because I can't get any effects from smoking the plain petals. But thanks for the advice!

--------------------
Future events such as these will affect you in the future...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Herb Grinder, Incense

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden