Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShroominator

Loc: Earth
Student Rights
    #349351 - 06/26/01 01:43 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I decided to post this thread after seeing the Psilocybin Mushroom project done by the student in New Jersey.

I don't know about you guys, but at my school, before we are allowed to 'learn', we have to sign an agreement relinquishing our first and fourth amendment rights, and any other means of having individual thoughts and ideas.

For example, a girl I know was suspended for a week for refusing to take off her "Nobody knows I'm a lesbian" shirt.

Another example, the one that infuriates me the most, would be when a friend of mine was suspended until the beginning of the next school year for having an AMERICAN flag...in AMERICA...on AMERICAN FLAG Day.

It just so happens that the "Puerto Rican Pride" week falls on American Flag Day. There have been issues over the past few years about 'them' waving their flags around, causing all sorts of commotion, celebrating in the halls, fraternizing, etc. Just disrupting the learning process.

Because of all this, the administration decided that the best thing to do is simply ban all flags from being shown during this week - American, Canadian, Puerto Rican, etc. All flags were banned. Teachers had to take their down from their classrooms.

A friend of mine had a flag passed to him during class. He was in the process of putting it in his bookbag at the time he was caught with it.

I just find it outrageous that an American boy was suspended on American flag day for having an American flag. Meanwhile, all the Spanish people waving their flags and wearing bandanas, etc., were mostly overlooked. One even went so far as to CUT up a Puerto Rican flag and make it into a dress. Ignorance. Wearing the flag is the most disrespectful thing you can do it, in my opinion. That's her choice if she wants to make a mockery of her country. While in America, she should at least respect the US.

Comments? Opinions?

"Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively..."

Edited by Shroominator on 06/27/01 11:04 AM.

--------------------
"This delightful and singular state... This acuteness of thought, this enthusiasm of the senses and the spirit must have appeared to man through the ages as the first blessing."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePotSmokinHippie
Pothead

Loc: New york
Re: Student Rights [Re: Shroominator]
    #352313 - 07/01/01 05:34 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

It seems that every day I loose more and more respect for this country, of which I have none. Who gives a damn if someone waves around a flag? What, are they afraid someone might get offended by an American flag in America? Its just a flag, it dosen't say "I'm [insert nationality here] and damned proud of it and if you dont like [insert country here] you suck". I am baffled by this. Are the administrators at your school on the rock?

It's sad to see that in America we [minors] have absolutely no rights. No rights to freedom of speech, no rights to freedom of expression, no rights period. Damn this country.

I wish I had a Kryptonite cross, because then I could keep both Dracula AND Superman away.

--------------------
"assumption is the mother of all fuckup" - me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale