Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Funny thing happened today.
    #3522566 - 12/20/04 12:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

So, about a month ago I broke up with my girlfriend. We were together for a while and we seemed to just reach our inevitable conclusion.

A little more than two weeks after we broke up I met a girl in one of my classes through a friend. She began talking to me quite a lot and we exchanged phone #'s and we talked on AIM a lot (easier than wasting cell phone minutes). It seemed she wanted to go hang out sometime, so finally she got pretty direct about asking me about setting a day to go out somewhere. So I finally did, under some duress though cause I'm shy - but she assured me with "you know i'm not gonna say no, so call me." So I did this past friday, and then went snowboarding this entire weeekend. So I was out of contact since I called her about "the date."

I come home today and after a few minutes talking to her, she tells me she changed her mind:

"ok so i've been thinking and actually its been on my mind this weekend....first off i really want to apologize for 1.) not calling you & 2.) misleading you. :-( I wasn't really thinking rationally when i went along with the whole idea about goin on a date cause honestly im really not ready or interested cause i had a really rough semester and i wanted to take this winter break to focus on myself and some other family priorities which need my attention.....so if you could please understand and respect the fact that i made an irrational decision in the heat of the moment and im sorry that it has come down to this unfortunate misunderstanding on my behalf....:-\"

First thing I thought was, "you went along with this?" How does she go along with something that she basically engineered by coaxing me to call her up to go out together. She approached me to start with anyway! I would have never even really talked to her if she didn't initiate it all.

I just don't understand it. I was more intrigued by this situation than anything. I wasn't upset because I didn't really know her, or know if I liked her enough to keep seeing her anyway. So it's not like i'm distraught or sad. I've known her all of three weeks. But my biggest qualm is how perplexing that is. Her excuse just sounds like a complete fabrication, but I know she's been single two years so there's little chance of seeing an ex-boyfriend. I assumed she came up with that excuse just because she wanted to be nice about it.

However, she goes on to say that she'd still like to hang out occasionally as friends cause she thinks I'm a really cool guy. Why the hell would one say that if she were just trying to be nice. That's just being too nice and bringing some stupid false hope to the person. I'd never say that to someone, and I always try to be nice to people even if I'm telling them I don't want to see them. But that's just beyond it.

What the hell is going on here?

It's my nature to know things, I don't care what it is, but I just always have to know stuff. So I'm more rhiled up about this because I'd like to know if she was really telling the truth or there's some other excuse I haven't thought of. I couldn't imagine it being something I've said, as I've hardly talked to her, and didn't talk to her for three days after we talked about going out - since I was off snowboarding. And on top of all that, why have started all this anyway. I'd just like to know what in the hell went/is-going on! I was mostly intrigured to go on the date just to see what would happen when i went.

I really just find it funny. It's just ironic that she tells me not to be shy because she's not going to say "no" then turns around and does it.

</funny story>
</rant>

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Funny thing happened today. [Re: neuro]
    #3522750 - 12/20/04 01:23 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Eh, that's pretty shitty, man. I tried to rationally think about why chicks do a lot of the things they do or say, but I started to have a massive headache, passed out, and somehow woke up in a barn somewhere in Idaho.
The holidays are really stressful for some people, though. So maybe she was being honest about wanting to hang out sometime with you. Maybe she just meant after the holidays, or somethin? You're right, it does seem like a stretch for her to say she wants to hang out sometime just to make you feel better.
I'm a fellow shy guy, which sucks hardcore. Chicks leading me on doesn't really help, either. A friend of mine tried to tell me something along the lines of "just don't be shy." Oh really? Maybe I should dust off that "Shy switch" and flip it from 'On' to 'Off'.
My suggestion is just don't worry about it. I'm the same way and when something odd like this bugs me, it really really bugs me and eats at me until I know why it happened. So just call her, or talk to her online, get to know her better, and then ask her to hang out sometime when the next semester starts.

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: Funny thing happened today. [Re: DNKYD]
    #3522761 - 12/20/04 01:27 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I tried to rationally think about why chicks do a lot of the things they do or say, but I started to have a massive headache, passed out, and somehow woke up in a barn somewhere in Idaho.

:lol: :handth:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Funny thing happened today. [Re: DNKYD]
    #3522764 - 12/20/04 01:28 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Im confused.. did you get any? is she saying she just wants to 'hang out' occasionally? thats women though...

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #3522800 - 12/20/04 01:42 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

"ok so i've been thinking and actually its been on my mind this weekend....first off i really want to apologize for 1.) not calling you & 2.) misleading you. :-( I wasn't really thinking rationally when i went along with the whole idea about goin on a date cause honestly im really not ready or interested cause i had a really rough semester and i wanted to take this winter break to focus on myself and some other family priorities which need my attention.....so if you could please understand and respect the fact that i made an irrational decision in the heat of the moment and im sorry that it has come down to this unfortunate misunderstanding on my behalf....:-\"

I read that as BS on her part.  Ive been given it before, saddly in my case it usually means she found someone else.  Seams to happen a lot to me.

Quote:

However, she goes on to say that she'd still like to hang out occasionally as friends cause she thinks I'm a really cool guy. Why the hell would one say that if she were just trying to be nice. That's just being too nice and bringing some stupid false hope to the person. I'd never say that to someone, and I always try to be nice to people even if I'm telling them I don't want to see them. But that's just beyond it.

Maybe u can still get laid out of it.  I dont know im pretty drunk. :smile:

all i can say is.... FUCKING CRAZY GIRLS.  always keepen it interesting.

Im also a fairly shy person and dont really work up the courage enough as i shuold to make the move with women.  Oh well i guess i still get laid regularly enough..

Or well do i, hrmm dammit.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineDreamer987
The VerbalHerman Munster
Female

Loc: Texas
    #3523135 - 12/20/04 03:07 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

God damb dude, i understand how you feel. 
Our kind is just doomed to never understand chicks.

Like the other night. I'v been hanging out with this girl every weekend for the past month or two, teaching her how to grow shrooms.
Anyway i was over at her house. She kept on begging me to play with her hair, wich sounded fun, so i go along with it.
She gets in my lap, and starts gyrating, mind you she is quite hot, which makes me somewhat aroused.

Than we agree its time for bed, so she takes me to her room. I start giving her a back massage, and she take her top off. SCORE........... right?

No, she says she doesen't kiss on the first date, isn't ready for a relationship, likes me as a friend. Goodnight    :confused: :confused: :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
Male

Re: Funny thing happened today. [Re: Dreamer987]
    #3523231 - 12/20/04 03:40 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:bitch: that is HARSH! the sad thing is, i think we've all been in a situation like that.....whhhhhyyyyy???? do they do these things to us????

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3523253 - 12/20/04 03:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

too bad neuro, they should stop messing with our minds! :shocked:

I've heard excuses like that before too, unfortunately. Because of things like this you never know if they actually like you in a more-than-a-friend-way, that makes it difficult.

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #3523274 - 12/20/04 04:09 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:confused: Girls  :confused: They make life interesting and weird.

It's hard to say if she was just trying to be nice or was really honest. I would say she was just trying to be nice, but in rare occasions, girls can be honest. :smirk:

If she still speaks to you after 'misleading' you, she probably was honest and really wants to hang out with you.

My rule is that you should always trust a girl until proven otherwise; For your own fun!! They are not worth worrying and thinking about if they lie to you. You can't lose anything... and it never is your fault. I always want to know what is going on though, but I try to follow this rule.

Call her if you want! Keep fun involved!  :cool:

Edited by Annom (12/20/04 04:10 AM)

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: Funny thing happened today. [Re: Annom]
    #3523395 - 12/20/04 06:30 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Rape is your only option! :wink: j/k I know, it sucks. Specially when they keep on giving you hopes for months even, and even when you know it won't happen they stay in that stupid loop of making themselves "interesting"... I don't find that interesting tho, I prefer a straightforward woman for me :wink: Anyway, good luck next time :heart:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

OfflineKenny7822
Kenny
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: MA, USA
    #3523402 - 12/20/04 06:43 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I'm sorry man, that's rough. Maybe she just wanted to see how you reacted that's why she said that to you. She might still want to go on a date with you, you never chicks do weird things like that.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #3523581 - 12/20/04 09:45 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

>It's my nature to know things

Your talking crazy here neuro, this is the mind of a girl your trying to figure out!

Give up now and admit that some things are not meant to be known. :wink:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Funny thing happened today. [Re: Ripple]
    #3523816 - 12/20/04 12:02 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

>Give up now and admit that some things are not meant to be known.

But fuck man! Why the hell does she go through all this trouble to introduce herself to me, get on my case about going out, then when we setup a date to go out she changes her mind. All of this was her idea then she goes and changes her mind. I just don't get it.

The funniest thing is, she kept coaxing me to call her up and ask her out cause she said it'd be good for me (cause she knows i'm shy).. She said it's a win win situation, you ask me out and you know i'll say yes. Then she goes and changes her mind, that's a pretty bad thing to do to someone who's not into being forward or direct.

Just fucked up that's all.

I'm not talking to her on my own accord unless she intiates it. Fuck that.

OfflineToboggan
I Am My OwnSavior
 User Gallery

#3523861 - 12/20/04 12:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

That sucks big time! A lot of us have had similar situations. I've had some missed opportunities before because I was shy and not was being forward enough. There was this one girl who was very into me and i was into her but because I was so shy I just kinda waited around hoping things would go my way rather than taking it into my own hands  :rolleyes:.

I think your problem is the same as mine....you're being a shy nice guy.

It seemed she wanted to go hang out sometime, so finally she got pretty direct about asking me about setting a day to go out somewhere

It seems like she really wanted you to ask her out. If you guys were talking for three weeks and you never asked her out she may have thought that you weren't interested in her.

I think that's all bull. It especially wasn't a "heat of the moment decision" since she had wanted to get together all that time. She said she still wants to hang out with you so I think you should do that. Have lunch with her, watch a movie together or something like that and flirt with her a bit. This'll show her that you are interested in her. If she returns the playful flirting then you'll know she's still interested in you. If she still says she only wants to be friends then hey at least you have a new friend.

So it's not like i'm distraught or sad

Thats an excellent attitude to have! Some people really tear themselves apart because of shit like this.

If you do get anything on the go with her keep us informed  :wink:

--------------------
"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd"

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa
 User Gallery

#3523889 - 12/20/04 12:38 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I counted out his money, and it made a pretty penny.
I put it in my pocket and I took it home to Jenny.
She said and she swore, that she never would deceive me,
but the devil take the women, for they never can be easy

I went into my chamber, all for to take a slumber,
I dreamt of gold and jewels and for sure it was no wonder.
But Jenny took my charges and she filled them up with water,
Then sent for captain Farrel to be ready for the slaughter.

It was early in the morning, as I rose up for travel,
The guards were all around me and likewise captain Farrel.
I first produced my pistol, for she stole away my rapier,
But I couldn't shoot the water so a prisoner I was taken.

If anyone can aid me, it's my brother in the army,
If I can find his station down in Cork or in Killarney.
And if he'll come and save me, we'll go roving near Kilkenny,
And I swear he'll treat me better than me darling sportling Jenny

Now some men take delight in the drinking and the roving,
But others take delight in the gambling and the smoking.
But I take delight in the juice of the barley,
And courting pretty fair maids in the morning bright and early

--------------------

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
    #3523966 - 12/20/04 01:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

thats shitty. But seriously guys, not all women are crazy like that. I try to be 100% straightforward with people right off the bat. If I like a guy, he will know it...if I don't, he will know it. None of this cat and mouse chase BS. I don't understand why some women can't make up their minds about what they want. Its shitty.

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Funny thing happened today. [Re: Spiffy]
    #3523968 - 12/20/04 01:25 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Happy birthday. :smile:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3524102 - 12/20/04 02:20 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

there should be more girls like you :thumbup:

also happy birthday! :laugh:

Offlinezoso507
Burned Down
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3524104 - 12/20/04 02:21 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

:cool:

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #3524114 - 12/20/04 02:27 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Spiffy said:
thats shitty. But seriously guys, not all women are crazy like that. I try to be 100% straightforward with people right off the bat. If I like a guy, he will know it...if I don't, he will know it. None of this cat and mouse chase BS. I don't understand why some women can't make up their minds about what they want. Its shitty.

I think you're one of the few who think like that.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Community >> The Pub