Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Loc: Where pigs can't see
Phyco-active plant spirits
    #3522436 - 12/19/04 11:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I was reading in this forum, that someone thought that dmt was a water spirit.

Quote:

it is also perhaps very helpful to have a small water fountain running near by, as it seems that DMT is a water spirit and is supposed to be much more benevolent when in the presence of water.

It may me remeber how I tend to start all of my trips, with a hot relaxing shower. I do it to relax, and cleans myself. But frankly that tends the be the hardest part of the trip, I struggle alot and my mind is fighting with something, my body twists and fights, and each time I blink I am in a different spot in the tub, until I quit blinking and find that I may have not moved at all, and feel as if my memories and actions are delierous.

This makes me think that maybe the mushroom spirit does not like water.

I wanted to get others opinions since I am very new to plant spirits and have only had one encounter. (W/ a angry powerful mushroom spirit)

So I figured to bring phycoactive spirits into discussion to maybe better prepare for the trip ahead.

--------------------
I am the wrench that keeps the "MACHINE" running while looking forward to the day that I can take it apart.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Phyco-active plant spirits [Re: iliketoplay]
    #3522556 - 12/20/04 12:05 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

This makes me think that maybe the mushroom spirit does not like water.

^ that would match up with my experience. all the times ive gone in the shower tripping ive had a sense of malevolence, anxiety or repulsion.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: Phyco-active plant spirits [Re: iliketoplay]
    #3522595 - 12/20/04 12:19 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've felt rather confused in the shower at higher doses, it can be a disorientating experience even just laying down and relaxing. However, near fires, mushrooms blend in perfectly- just lay back and watch the flames lick the wood and create orange visual energy

But I don't think drugs have elemental spirits. It's fun to go in water when I'm extremely high, but I don't think cannabis is a water spirit. All hallucinogens seem to be fun to do with a fire around, but I don't think LSD is a fire spirit. It's just the experience the element provokes in your body, not that the drug is inherently connected to any element- I think all drugs are connected to all elements as one

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: Phyco-active plant spirits [Re: Ravus]
    #3522984 - 12/20/04 02:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've had some really fun swims on mushrooms, high doses even, and I didn't drown once! (of course, if it occurs to you while high on mushrooms that mushrooms don't like water, then you'll feel anxiety if you're in the shower or whatever.)

Edited by Zekebomb (12/20/04 02:39 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3523067 - 12/20/04 02:53 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My only water-oriented trip hangup is peeing in toilets... I often get lost in the dazzling Bellagio-esque fountain show, which usually affects my balance.

I'll leave it at that.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinetrinity7
Qie Lan
Loc: Wide open space
Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: Sclorch]
    #3523676 - 12/20/04 10:45 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Some month ago I read an article about that very subject. Unfortunately I can`t remember the author`s name.
But anyway, he came to the same conclusion: that in fact the different plant spirits each have their element.
As far as I recall he said DMT goes with water, mescaline with fire / hot climates and shrooms with wood / forest.
To me that makes sense. Shrooms seem best when taken in nature with some trees around.
And though I love the desert,I wouldn`t want to shroom there. And also not in a moist climate / in water.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: trinity7]
    #3523680 - 12/20/04 10:47 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

My best shroom strips were in the woods. Hrmmm.

--------------------
I am the wrench that keeps the "MACHINE" running while looking forward to the day that I can take it apart.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: iliketoplay]
    #3523938 - 12/20/04 01:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I wonder if there is a formula. For example I am an earth, while taking the plant of a water spirit needs to be influenced by another element. Sorta like internal body/ spirit Fung Shui.

That could leave the varible of why certain people can be around different elements while ingenting other elements.

Does anyone have any links to contacting plant spirits?

I have been planning a jouney into the woods to try and contact some, but I do not know how to approach something like this.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3524929 - 12/20/04 06:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

to contact a plant spirit all youll need to do is go into a place of total wilderness seclusion, and meditate there to total mindless silence. then , when the silence is complete, try to open your conciousness to the vibe or energy of the plants and wildlife around you.

Dont expect human language or visions of gnomes. the silence itself may be the wisdom that is imparted to you.

or just take shrooms and walk in the woods and listen to all the grass screaming obscenities at you (ive done that)

--------------------

Offlinetrinity7
Qie Lan
Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3525198 - 12/20/04 07:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
or just take shrooms and walk in the woods and listen to all the grass screaming obscenities at you (ive done that)

R U serious ?
If so, what exactly did they scream ? I`m curious.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

#3525321 - 12/20/04 08:53 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

A fly once teach me how to make music w/ chi kung.

Then my dog killed it.

That was the last time I ever shroomed.... but only cause I need to get some more.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3525330 - 12/20/04 08:59 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

oh im dead serious, although i oversimplified.

it was a wierd experience i was out at my cabin and i dropped shrooms before going for a walk. alot of wierd wierd stuff happend on that walk but at one point i was following the woodland path and i swear to god, every single plant, tree and shrub was simultaneously talking to me. each plant had a distinct voice that in some way matched its physical appaerance (trees had deep slow voices, sprouts had high shrill ones, gorsebushes had gravelly rough voices etc)

all of them were talking at once so it was just like a cacophany of noise and i couldnt make out the specific words of any individual plant, but i could tlel they were all saying different things. the only individual word i could make out was my name shouted over and over again as each plant tried to get my attention 'DAN! DAN! DAN!"

it was kinda whacked.

that was a very auditory trip come to think of it, as i later heard totally amazing music coming from the woods as well...

i guess i dont know they were 'obscenities' but some sounded annoyed at me

--------------------

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

#3525385 - 12/20/04 09:24 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Interesting. I wasn't joking either, I was sitting in the bathroom while shpongle was playing upstairs.

Then a fly I noticed in the bathroom was buzzing around. It's buzzing began to develop a rythm. It was almost like music, hten it was music. Then its as if the fly was showing me something. I suddenly felt compelled to do some chi kung, as my hands moved w/ the energy I heard different sounds. It was like the ultimate tribal/ goa set. Each movement of a finger was another set of instruments. I went upstairs to turn off the music and enjoyed the music I made for some time. I wished I knew how to write music, or get it from my head to a recorder, it was just amazing.

Later I went back in the bathroom, but did not think to look for the fly, I did not hear or see the fly.

Then my dog dived into the bathroom, around 4-5 feet and its paws landed in the corner, then its mouth quickly picked something up. I felt a sudden loss, as if there was an emptiness in me. Then the dog walk away a little and dropped the fly from its mouth. Then began to stomp it and eat it again. I felt sad for the fly, and went upstairs to write it down and pay its respects. I almost felt as if it was someone reincarnated and they gave me a gift.

I hope to never forget this, and make another attempt at making music again next time I trip.

--------------------

Offlinetrinity7
Qie Lan
    #3525410 - 12/20/04 09:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Very interesting.
I?ve experienced communications with trees ( gawd, sounds like a hippie ) and animals as well.
Or perhaps communication is the wrong word.
It`s rather like the notion that the tree or animal or whatever sees you are in a state where maybe you can communicate with him.
And something comes across, but I can`t seem to obtain the focus for a more satisfying communication. And the more I try, the harder it gets.

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3525605 - 12/20/04 10:58 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

im not really a spritual person but i would totalyl agree certain drugs/plants seem to "communicate" very intersesting things with specific substances. me its the woods often, good and bad its always memorable. water is a big one for me as well. i would say forest, water, and sky are THE biggest things that affect me on any mind altering expedition.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: kadakuda]
    #3545619 - 12/26/04 10:20 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Any idea what elements might accent salvia? I will be traveling w/ her soon and want her to be comfortable.

Saliva spirit feels good = me assuming salvia spirit will treat me right

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3546957 - 12/27/04 06:37 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

are'nt mushrooms like 90% water? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (12/27/04 08:29 AM)

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: Gomp]
    #3547185 - 12/27/04 08:33 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think the air and space elements are difinely the ones i would attribute to salvia. But if you relax and integrate with the space element, genrally all the other gross elemnent will be under control.

Watch out with Aunite Sally dude, apparantly she can really KICK ASS  :eek:

Peace & Respect

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: Sinbad]
    #3547256 - 12/27/04 09:16 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

attribution to elements is merely a mnemonic
the reality dance is everything together at once

Offlineiliketoplay
THE White Devil

Re: Psychoactive plant spirits [Re: Gomp]
    #3547565 - 12/27/04 11:48 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Gomp said:
are'nt mushrooms like 90% water? :P

Interesting point.

This is why I wonder if there is an equation based on each persons own elemental backing. I am also concidering some sort of deep pycological fear. I fear drowning, and can not swim, So perhaps while filing around in my mind fears get unlocked.

I would like to hear more experiences and gather more info about the users relation to water.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro, Shpongle

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology