Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Jesus and Horus = the same person?
    #3521584 - 12/19/04 06:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Please check out this link, provided by another Shroomery member. It presents some interesting evidence. I'd like to hear what the people in S&P think about this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: MOTH]
    #3521684 - 12/19/04 06:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry...it didn't occur to me that this might be a redundant topic. :stoned:

Offlineferago2
gnubie
    #3521714 - 12/19/04 06:45 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

If you study mythology, you'll find that the sacred stories from cultures all over the world, even those who have had no contact with eachother, often share _very_ similar traits. Patterns in Comparative Religion by Mircea Eliade is a good, if somewhat difficult, book on the topic.

It's fascinating though, that there are so many similarities. I wonder if it's due to some innate aspect of human psychology, or leftover, half forgotten remnants of an original mythology from before humanity left Africa and diverged.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: ferago2]
    #3521741 - 12/19/04 06:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks for the book recommendation.  I was looking for something like that.  :thumbup:

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #3521811 - 12/19/04 07:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

greta book, btw...

just for a fresh look on something interesting you shoudl read zachariah stitchins "twelfth planet" he is a bit to set in hi sways for my taste but he does bring up some interesting theories...

peace

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

Offlineoceansize
fuckin' right.

Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: Todcasil]
    #3521865 - 12/19/04 07:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

stitchins work however interesting was more or less destroyed by Carl Sagan's analysis of it.

My favorite author for comparative mythology is Joseph Campbell, almost all his titles are great.

--------------------
"And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." - Friedrich Nietzsche

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3523604 - 12/20/04 08:00 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

While I don't know if the link provided eludes to them being the same physical person (I'm too lazy to look :smile: ) I will say this... in my opinion, almost every religious text has the same "template"... and in this template the role of Jesus or Horus or whoever else, depending on the book, metaphorically represents each of us individually. These texts were never meant to be "how to get into the after-life" guides, but instead were originally meant to be guides to the inner struggle of human consciousness that we each experience seperately. (And in turn, transcendance of our individuality/ego.)

So, if one were to acknowledge that we are all part of the same consciousness, it would be assumed that Jesus and Horus were the same person... we are all the same person, which is God.

However, if you meant the same physical person, forget everything I just said. :smile:

OfflineAreoZephin
Stranger

Loc: New Earth
Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3523763 - 12/20/04 09:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What is the definition of Jesus being God's son? Is it that he had powers of God, or that he was said "He's God's son". Because I want to know the definition.

--------------------
The Pharisees and the scholars have taken the keys of knowledge and have hidden them. They have not entered nor have they allowed those who want to enter to do so.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3523792 - 12/20/04 09:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

We have statues of Osirus and Isis with The Eye of Horus on the wall behind and between them. It is acknowledged by many scholars that the Archetypes that give form to this Egyptian Holy Family also are operative in the Christian mythos (Isis suckling Horus is Archetypally identical to the Virgin and Jesus iconography). The link forces the issue in many ways - the correspondances are NOT accurate between Horus and Y'shua. For example, nowhere in 25 years of study have I ever seen Y'shua identified with a "beetle," (Scarab), and, while Horus fought the evil Set and lost an eye (that was healed in some accounts by Thoth) and identified with the Moon (the other eye with the Sun) - crucifixion is not part of the mythos, with or without accompanying thieves. Any sources that affirm such things are heavily 'christianized' versions of Egyptian myth, possibly for the purpose of winning converts to early Christianity. It is true that the dismemberment of Osirus and his re-assembly constitutes a type of resurrection theme (an Archetype), but that theme is identified with Osirus, not Horus (despite the frequent blurring of mythic personalities in Egyptian lore). The Mother of Horus is Isis (the Greek name for the Egyptian Auset) and sounds nothing like 'Miriam' [Mary].

There have been many attempts to reduce or minimalize the unique appearance of the Christian mythos by relegating it to earlier myths. Whereas there are clearly parallels, we should look at the economy of our Maker who designs spiral seashells and spiral galaxies, simple molluscs and female human labia, basic atoms and basic solar systems. Implicit in all these forms are a Pure Idea and there is a Pure Idea in every human idea as well as in every physical thing in existence. In addition to the Universal there is the Particular. The Universal manifests in the Particular, but the Particular makes the 'difference' between, for example, the Pure Idea of 'Hominid' and the Particularities of Homo Erectus and Homo Sapien Sapien. On the one hand (Universality) 'it's all One,' and on the other hand (Particularity) 'it's all different,' and both poles belong to the paradox of existence. To apply a Buddhist principle to this paradox: 'Samsara is Nirvana, Nirvana is Samsara.'

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: AreoZephin]
    #3523865 - 12/20/04 10:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Son of God was a title that was used throughout the Old Testament with regard to Kings. Kings were anointed with the Divine Right of Kingship. A bejewelled crown has always held the significance of the Crown Center being open to the Grace of God (light-reflecting gold in ray-like protuberances, a large jewel in front like a Wisdom-eye, etc.).

Most non-Jews that I have known all my life with a basic childhood Sunday school education still think that Son of God was a unique title bestowed upon Jesus. The scriptures say that "Jesus of Nazareth King of the Jews" was written in Greek, Latin and Hebrew and nailed to Jesus' cross. In that context it was a trumped up charge of treason against Rome (a claim for autonomous authority) AND a 'dis' for the Jews, having a pathetically tortured dying man as their King. The theology that formed later with the Johannine writings changed Christianity forever by changing the 'Anointed [Christed]' man Jesus into 'God-clothed-with-flesh.' In John's theology (influenced by the Greek mythic idea of a hero born of a male god and a female mortal), Son of God took on a whole new meaning. It meant that as aspect of the Eternal Godhead manifested in history, not a burning bush or some other theophany but through the natural agency of human birth. Centuries of theological speculation attempted to explain the 'unique' ontological status of Jesus. Orthodoxy finally said 'fully God, fully man...One in Being with the Father.' People debated whether Jesus had a human soul, one will or two, a human spirit as well as an infused Holy Spirit, etc., etc. After the idea of Trinity was invented by Tertullian, the 'Son' became 'the prolation of the Second Hypostasis of the Trinity' - very technical term for the Eternal Logos conjoined to a human being.

So, the answer to your question is going to depend on how sophisticated an answer you wish to entertain: the simplistic, folk understanding deriving from Greek mythic notions, the rejected King of the Jews, the actual King of the Jews, Anointed by God, God Incarnate. The answer to your Life is infinitely more important than any academic question - are you "in Christ" or not in Christ, and what does THAT mean?!

--------------------

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3523945 - 12/20/04 11:08 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Horus is the shit. A hat-wearing bird god! I'm down with any god who wears a neat little hat.

That link is interesting, although it sounds like a bit of a strech at parts as MarkostheGnostic pointed out.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: Twirling]
    #3524931 - 12/20/04 04:33 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

any time you familiarize yourself with multiple myth traditions or religions youll find countless overlaps and correspondences, most likely because the themes and ideas conveyed by those myths are universally significant.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus and Horus = the same person? [Re: Twirling]
    #3524989 - 12/20/04 04:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Holy Horus shit Birdman!

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3525038 - 12/20/04 05:00 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"objection.... OVERRULED!"

hahaha

ok lets see who gets that obscure referance.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3525533 - 12/20/04 08:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Metamorphosis
Metamorph-Osiris-Isis

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3525555 - 12/20/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I remember Tim Leary making a crack on the Western Ram Dass' followers who reduced the particulars of the world to "All is One" in his book _The Game of Life_.

(doing as such also makes for some really awful poetry)

~~~~~

it's my 555th post, all is 5!

~~~~~

wow, bobby mcferrin's Circle Songs is soooo beautiful! (just had to share that)

~

Blessings, CJ

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale