Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejc_illenium
undesirable
Loc: earth
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: jc_illenium]
    #3822369 - 02/23/05 01:13 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

so the blue on my rice cake is pure goodness, not badness?
i dont want to eat no nasty badness.

--------------------
on my knees and burnin
my piss and moans the fuel that
set my head on fire
smell my soul its burnin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
Loc: SW
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: jc_illenium]
    #3823278 - 02/23/05 04:25 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Blue on cakes is goodness which has decomposed into an inactive chemical, but usually the bluing is only on the surface, so much goodness remains.

Triptamine

OfflineDarkie
Bitches n hoes dont mean a thing
 User Gallery

Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: triptamine]
    #3823371 - 02/23/05 04:46 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I looked for the specific information and have not yet found it. BUT, you can tell that the magic is not the source of the bluing because there are look a like shrooms in fields all across Florida (and i would imagen elsewhere)that also blue when damaged but are in no way psycho-active.
I just dont like people disseminating disinformation on this forum (which i like very much and feel kinda protective over). We have the DEA to spread lies about drugs.

--------------------
You gotta wake up to get faded but you gotta get up to get paided.

Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: Darkie]
    #3823629 - 02/23/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a better explanation:

Psilocin will decompose at room temp (and faster at high temp) by combining with oxygen to form a diquinone which has a greenish-blue color. Psilocybin however does not decompose significantly and thus has no blue color. This is the primary reason why cubensis (which has both psilocybin and psilocin) will turn blue when brused, but semilanceata (mainly psilocybin, trace psilocin) usually does not blue significantly. Other mushrooms do blue, but by different mechanisms.

Triptamine

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
    #3825596 - 02/23/05 11:37 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've made a crude extract of 7g of cultivated amazonian cubensis. I ground into a powder and soaked in denatured alcohol from Lowes for more than 12 hours. I filtered and evaporated the solvent and scraped the thick honey colored residue up with a knife.

I consumed the whole thing in a gelatine capsule and was incredibly disappointed! I got a huge body load, nausea, minimal visuals, was restless and had much trouble sleeping. It was like a bad trip without the trip! LOL! Even had a hangover the next day.

I've heard of techniques which take the initial residue and dissolve it in hydrochloric acid. Basify that solution with NaOH (Lye) and mix with non-polar solvent. Seperate solvent with seperatory funnel and evaporate. Consume remaining residue.

I haven't tried this meathod yet, but when the season comes I'm gonna go picking like crazy and extract a shitload! All that glassware is READILY available on Ebay! I bought a whole mini lab for only a few hundred dollars (but haven't really had the chance to use it for anything).

InvisibleIntelligentMind
Indigo Child
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: dr0mni]
    #3826170 - 02/24/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm... I wonder how albert hofmann synthesized it?

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3834713 - 02/25/05 08:12 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Do you have any references on that? Just curious...

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3834719 - 02/25/05 08:14 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Interesting... Any references on that?

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3834761 - 02/25/05 08:32 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

you can tell that the magic is not the source of the bluing because there are look a like shrooms in fields all across Florida (and i would imagen elsewhere)that also blue when damaged but are in no way psycho-active.

That makes no sense.

Quote:

I just dont like people disseminating disinformation on this forum (which i like very much and feel kinda protective over). We have the DEA to spread lies about drugs.

Then why don't you be one of the few to post references to support your theories instead of just pulling them out of your ass?

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: ChuangTzu]
    #3834923 - 02/25/05 09:29 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I found this technique in a number of places. I think from erowid and lycaeum, and maybe even from the shroomery... I haven't tried this yet, but I'm pretty sure it works. It's the same technique used for Cacti extraction and can supposedly be used for many psychoactive alkaloid containing plants.

The bluing of shrooms is NOT from psilocybin. It is caused by the oxidation of another compound which is also found in many poisonous shrooms. Any color change is a sign of a chemical reaction. If this was psilocybin reacting it would mean that it was undergoing chemical change and becoming something other than psilocybin.

This is very dangerous misinformation because if a newbie hears that blue-bruising shrooms make you trip they are likely to eat some deathcaps by accident!

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: dr0mni]
    #3835872 - 02/26/05 05:12 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah man, I wasn't talking to you. That procedure, even though it gets out lots of other stuff too, undoubtedly works. But nobody has yet put my mind to rest on the topic of bluing.

I agree that the bluing is a sign of chemical change. But how do you know that such a change isn't occuring in either the psilocin or the psilocybin, or both? Psilocin and even psilocybin both oxidize readily in air. The fact that another, non-active, mushroom also blues suggests, but isn't solid evidence, that the bluing comes from the same source. I'm not convinced either way at this point.

Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
    #3845692 - 02/28/05 07:42 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Deathcaps don't blue. The bluing is not from psilocybin - since it is stable and does not significantly decompose. The psilocin is responsible for the bluing in P. Cubensis and many other psilocybe mushrooms. Of course, a newbie should not eat a mushroom based only on the bluing reaction, as this alone does not identify psilocin or mean it is safe to consume.

Triptamine

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3846384 - 02/28/05 11:44 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I notice you edited your previous posts : ) I'm starting to see some logic in what you're saying now. Can you point me to where I can read about the supposed "diquinone" oxidation product and the supposed stability of psilocybin? My impression is that although psilocin is much more reactive, psilocybin is also rather easily oxidized in air. I'm having trouble accessing the library databases right now or I'd try to dig up some info myself...

I feel bad about hijacking this thread, everyone go back to talking about extraction : )

OfflineDarkie
 User Gallery

#3850211 - 03/01/05 01:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard psilocybin is stable in air, sooo....If the blue is coming from the oxidation of psilocin/psilocybin then it is mainly coming from the psilocin, right? Studies have shown that in the mycelia there is only psilocin and no psilocybin and in the fruits there is both but mainly psilocybin. Thus, logic would say that if the psilocin is the source of the bluing, then it would be much easier to blue the mycelia than the fruits themselves; which we all know isnt true. Fruits for me have always turned blue just from being dried quickly, mycelia wont do that.
QED, the bluing is not the oxidation of magic. Just because a lot of people have been wrong for a long time doesnt make them right.
SCIENCE HAS IMPROVED, move on.

--------------------

OfflineDarkie
 User Gallery

#3850232 - 03/01/05 01:08 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Back to the subject of extracting magic. If one were to under take a large extraction project, odds are they would be doing them for commercial ventures because the fruits' edibility make eating them by far the easiest thing for personal use. And if one were to be doing this commercially they would probably be extracting from the mycelia, much easier. BUT, mycelia extractions would only yield psilocin, which oxidizes in the air, and thus wouldnt keep as well as the psilocybin would. So, how would one go about getting around this hurtle?

--------------------

Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
    #3850963 - 03/01/05 07:25 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Darkie:

Hopefully this will answer some of your questions....First, the reference which describes the oxidation (and dephosphorylation) into some kind of quinoline is here:

The enzymatic dephosphorylation and oxidation of psilocybin and psilocin by mammalian tissue homogenates, Biochemical Pharmacology, Vol. 7, pp. 47-54, 1961

This paper can be found on the Erowid site under the "Hoffman collection". In addition, I have seen pure psilocin crystals turn blue, so I know this to be true.

As far as preserving psilocin, it can be combined with an excess of ascorbic acid (vitamin C) in a water or water/alcohol solution which effectivly stabilizes the psilocin. Stored with this method in a refrigerator, it will retain most of its potency for many months (and maybe longer).

Triptamine

Offlinekeepsdv8nu
Bodhidsatva
    #3851078 - 03/01/05 08:28 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

according to Stamets Lycaeum when they grew azurescens they "detected psilocybin and in some cases baeocystin and psilocin in the mycelium from agar depending on the concentration of malt extract" (STAMETS & GARTZ, 1995).

so taking this into consideration, if someone was to go into commercial production for the purposes of harvesting their psychoactive properties, someone can extract all three. You still pose a valid question concerning their stability because after using methanol someone was left with a hash-like substance after completely evaporating the methanol. do u think maybe the methanol might have picked up moisture since Miami is known for its humidity? I'd like to know if anyone has modified the Producer's Guide to come up with a more stable product. one, keeps

Offlinekeepsdv8nu
Bodhidsatva
Re: Psilocybin Extraction Project [Re: keepsdv8nu]
    #3851131 - 03/01/05 08:54 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Table IV
Variation of the amounts of alkaloids in the mycelium of Psilocybe azurescens depending on the concentration of malt extract in solidified agar (1,5%)after 3 weeks of colonization.

1% Malt Extract:
0.31% Psilocybin dry weight, 0.12% Psilocin, 0.12% Baeocyst.
2% Malt Extract:
0.25% Psilocybin dry weight, 0.09% Psilocin, 0.08% Baeocyst.
3% Malt Extract:
0.28% Psilocybin dry weight, 0.08% Psilocin, 0.05% Baeocyst.
4% Malt Extract:
0.27% Psilocybin dry weight, 0.04% Psilocin, 0.03% Baeocyst.
5% Malt Extract:
0.25% Psilocybin dry weight, 0.02% Psilocybin, 0% Baeocystin
6% Malt Extract:
0.18% Psilocybin dry weight, 0% Psilocin, 0% Baeocystin
8% Malt Extract:
0.05% Psilocybin dry weight, 0% Psilocin, 0% Baeocystin
10% Malt Extract:
At and above 10% malt extract, the mycelium is non-blueing.

OfflineDarkie
 User Gallery

#3852870 - 03/01/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for clearing that up for me Trip, and thanks for the idea Keeps.

FYI: I was recently down at a friend's and got to see "Psilocybin Goo" which is what it was being marketed as. It came as a brown semi-translucent extremely thick....goo(techinically a liquid). It came as a spot in a dime bag about 1 inch in diameter and maybe 1mm-3mm thick. That much would be a very strong trip. They consumed it by splitting open the bag and licking it out. They said it produced a much "cleaner" trip.

--------------------

OfflineChuangTzu
starvingphysicist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3855590 - 03/02/05 02:01 AM (19 years, 1 month ago)

keepsdv8nu: I'm sure it did, unless the procedure was done under a dry atmosphere. Methanol sucks water out of the air freely.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate