Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRxman
Loc: Ohio (yeah Right)
Re: The Truth [Re: Nagual]
    #351927 - 06/30/01 10:58 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Well send me the samples to my lab and I will test them for you and tell ya which is stronger!

--------------------
Rxman

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNagual
enthusiast

Loc: nyc, USA
Re: The Truth [Re: Rxman]
    #352010 - 06/30/01 02:23 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ha ha methinks ill be the 'test dummy' in my own
experiment, but thanks for the generous offer Rxman.;)
But im actually learning something. Psilocybin is kind
of a safety pod for Psilocin. Itd be great if new info wasnt
so dangeros for some people.. all the fervent fact chucking
replies have kinda confused this thread..
Psilocybin is found in fresh shrooms; psilocin is also found in shrooms
but in a much lower concentration, and it is quickly decomposed due
to its unstable nature. Psilocybin is -mostly- transformed
by the body into its less stable, more psychoACTIVE analog Psilocin.
Psilocin is admittedly 1.4 times stronger
than its precursor psilocybin, due to a bigger molecular mass, and
it is also found to be some 10 times more active in lab rats or whatever.
Talk AND listen.. yknow? 

o0O)}>I seem to be a verb<{(O0o
....___^___
...(_______)
........|.|Free
...__ /../..Spore
...|__ / ......Ring

Edited by Nagual on 06/30/01 04:28 PM.

--------------------
.....___^___
....(_______)
........|...|Free
...__ /.../..Spore
...|___ / .....Ring

OfflineDinoMyc
Ipsa scientiapotestas est
Re: The Truth [Re: unlucky380]
    #352031 - 06/30/01 03:36 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

This topic did sway off course, but some of your claims were not very well founded.. you have misread and misinterpreted..
you understand the basics of whats going on, but you fail to make the connetion between what your saying.. you say something correct, and make a leap to an incorrect conclusion:
most psilocin breaks down and is therefore not present after preservation methods have been enacted.
most of the effect is as a reasult of psilocybin which is converted into psilocin.
the additional phosphorous group is removed and replaced.and as a result: exactly what nearly everyone else is saying: compare molecular weights.. and efficiency of conversion... if you started with 100 mg of psilocybin, and all of it was dephosphorylated, you wuold end up with ~71mg of psilocin......so now your tripping on ~71mg of psilocin.. which is not all pissed out immidiately... else you would not trip..
your misreading the 10x more active..
regardless...

cub is by no means a weak species, and its near the top of the pack.. but it is _not the most potent.. and there are many others out there which are stronger..
if you have a problem with the potency.. EAT MORE..

unlucky380 why are you so arrogant that you think because you have read a few books or articles you know exactly what your talking about.. noone knows exactly how our brain works.. and to explain the capabilities of a mind is beyond the realm of current science..
have you taken biochem? or even college level intro chem? the assumptions you made would be easily countered had you..
were not insulting your intelligence, were trying to correct what we see as a mistake.. by reacting with bellicose aggretion you act the childish fool.. just relax, think about what we have said.. read a little more elsewhere .. tihkal has some info you might find usefull.. as do many other pure chem books.. try a neuro physiology/pharmachology book..

-----------------
I think I not know what I never knew before: the meaning of the old saying "A fool you can neither bend nor break." Pray heaven that i never have a wise fool for a friend! There is nothing more intractable --"My resolve is fixed"-- Why, so madmed say too; but the more firmly they believe in their delusions, the the more they stand in need of treatment.
- Epictetus

--------------------
If I made affront, I apologize.
If I made affirmation, I apologize.
I merely came to listen, came to say.

Anonymous

Re: The Truth [Re: DinoMyc]
    #352399 - 07/01/01 10:17 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I have never heard anybody say anythign about cubensis being a weak species. Where did that come from?

Happy Canada Day!

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.comgetspores@sporelab.com</a>

Edited by CaptainMaxMushroom on 07/01/01 12:19 PM.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: The Truth [Re: unlucky380]
    #352911 - 07/02/01 10:22 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

in a book by pual stamets it says that panaleous cyanescens is "the fourth most potent mushroom that god has put on this planet we call earth" were did you get youre table? pual stamets is a pretty smart guy and i think he knows what hes talking about. the perspective you have on people dis liking cubensis is because they are a weak mushroom. the truth is that they are!!! you have to take alot for a good dosage. even though they are high on the list they are still weak. thats all that people are dissing; that psilocybin cubensis a weak mushroom and i highly doubt that people are saying that its the weakest. most people probably havent experienced a trip with a weaker shroom. i think when you heard people saying that cubensis is a weak shroom i think you took it the wrong way. in my opinion psilocybin cubensis is a "drug" mushroom. it sells high, it is easy to grow/find and thats what cocky little pot heads that want to hallucinate know is around. where as homegrown azures or ps. cyan and pan trops/cyan are more of a "genius cultivators" shroom and is rarely sold. thus, the fact that they are more respected. you dont have to measure psilocybin and psilocin contents to find that out, you just need some logic.

hey, you got to be genuine thats the name of this game. if you're real, then you aint got nothing to worry about, but if youre synthetic then starting tomorrow you're balls come off!

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineOpi

Re: The Truth [Re: aluminum_can]
    #353457 - 07/12/01 01:48 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I was under the impression that it hadn't actually been proven that psilocybin isn't active. It does break down into psilocin, but I am pretty sure no one has yet proven that it isn't active until that point.

Opi

Offlinetom
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Nope
Re: The Truth [Re: Opi]
    #353641 - 07/12/01 10:50 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Bla bla bla too much to read. But where did you get the information that psilocin from the mushroom is inactive? You say b/c it is so unstable and the body gets rid of it so quickly? Then why when psilocybin breaks down into psilocin does that make you trip??? Why do you trip off of psilocin from the psilocybin but not psilocin from the mushroom??? I think psilocybin is 2 psilocins and maybe a few other atoms. But in previous posts you said that psilocin is 10X more active but then why do you say it has no activity now? You make little sense. Cubes are potent enough. But........ one of my friends dads said that he would go out with his friends and fill up a guitar case with mushrooms and eat them all night and felt very little. Cubes aren't potent in respect to the more potent varities of mushrooms. Yes they are more potent than most mushrooms but not so potent in comparison to other varities.

"Ha ha" -- Nelson

"Never trade or buy from DXMHEAD420... he ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

--------------------
"It must be your stamps girl... cause it aint your face" -- Juvenile

"Only in America does someone order a cheese burger, large fries, and a diet Coke" -- ?

"DXMHEAD420 ripped me off and was an ass about it too" -- Myself

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract