Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Loc: Oslo, Norway
my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report
    #3516532 - 12/18/04 07:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, it started with that i wanted to try what davinci did. Sleep only every 3hour 20minutes, that means 2 hours and 40 mins or something per day(24hour)
I started 1.december 00.00 and ended it 18dec 00.00 and i just woke up after 15hours sleep and feel like crap.
After 3-4 days i started to become worried cause it got harder and harder to wake up, i used first 4 clocks but ended up using 10 clocks in various places in the room so i would manage to wake up.
after about 10days i started becoming paranoid, i heard stuff, was scared of nutthing and such. on day 12 my perception of time was gone bye bye, all the days seems like a long fucked up reality. i was dizzy but still i managed to learn how to fix a tv, fixed a tv, read around 40books, saw 50movies or so. and when i finall hit day 18. omg i was sooooo realifed i went right to bed. this experiment is NOT something you want to try, it can fuck up your REM sleep forever, what i ate also helped me cause i needed to balance the loss of enegery gained from sleep into food. i went down like 5kg. my body feels like its been gangraped 900times by 900elephants. all in all, i will NOT try something like this again. feel free to ask if you wounder something and i'm sorry if the grammar is fucked up but i dont really care right now:)

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBanJankri
FreefallerUpwards

Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: RiffSki]
    #3516572 - 12/18/04 08:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

glad you are still here with us  :nut:

--------------------
Just let everything flow, just flow right to the center of everything. You gotta turn off your mind and relax, and then just float downstream...

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: BanJankri]
    #3516615 - 12/18/04 08:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah, me too^^

--------------------
Arguing on the net is like competing in the special olympics. Even if you win you are still a retard.

Invisiblequestion_for_joo
i'm left. youall can bite me
    #3516714 - 12/18/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

get a job

--------------------
youi was a pig informatnt so you can go fuckyoruselfs

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3516730 - 12/18/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you know how body musculature sometimes forms a kind of armour?
had you noticed any increase or decrease in that type of defensiveness (like physical armour reaction) during the reduction of sleep period and or the recovery period?
also anything about vitamine -c, colds etc?

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineAlteredReality
ConstantlySearching

Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3517067 - 12/18/04 12:13 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

What exactly is this 'experiment' trying to prove? Don't take that as sarcasm, I'm serious. Are you just trying to see how sleep deprivation affects the body? If so, why is this in the S&P threads?

--------------------
" If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions. But, laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barberous ancestors." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3517083 - 12/18/04 12:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

lol congradulations you proved that massive sleep deprivation is terrible for the body and mind.

next time try reading a book instead.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: AlteredReality]
    #3517180 - 12/18/04 01:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The idea behind it is that we only need REM sleep to live and if we sleep in 20 minute intervals our body adjusts and devotes the entire sleep to REM. Unfortunately it leaves out many other essential sleep states.

I think there was a guy who stayed up a couple weeks for a radio contest, he died shortly after the contest ended. I'm not sure if the two things were directly related but it seems pretty likely.

I wouldn't worry too much though, I don't think it killed DaVinci and he did it for much longer than you. Interestingly I find that very late night/early morning when I'm so tired my mind gets foggy I draw better, and I think I might even THINK better!

--------------------
]

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: Wysefool]
    #3517257 - 12/18/04 01:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I believe while we sleep we still exist but in a different type of demension. Dreams can be very powerful. Even some dreams can take over your mind completely and put you in a strange realm.

RiffSki - Did you happen to take note of your dreams? Were they in any different then your normal ones?

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

OfflineaoxomoxoaMan
Esquire

Loc: Colorado
Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: Droz]
    #3518228 - 12/18/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You watch too much Seinfeld...
Seriously though...Pretty interesting. I am amazed that you found it possible to actually do it for 18 days!

--------------------
Careful with that axe Eugene...You might put an eye out.

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: aoxomoxoaMan]
    #3519705 - 12/19/04 06:26 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I did it to test if it was true what davinci said, if you slept only those 20minutes you could be more effective. Its also was a test of dreams, and unfortnatly i enver toook notes, but i remember that first time in many years i've had a nightmare, i often when the clock rang woke up screaming and stuff

--------------------

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3519865 - 12/19/04 09:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, now I'm tempted to try more sleep deprevation

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: jux]
    #3520255 - 12/19/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Though you might have too much time on your hands... and it might seem ridiculous to some people to even try such a stunt (and for 18 days!)... I've gotta say that this is, by far, the most original experiential post that I've seen in this forum in a long time.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3520439 - 12/19/04 12:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Riffski, if you had done a better reasearch on how to procede with your experiment, it would've been a successful one.

There are specific times that you need to go to sleep at and wake up at in order to succeed in having ONLY REM sleep.

We spend an average of 25 years of our existence sleeping.
The truly deep sleep, the one in which we really recover, doesn't last more than one hour per night and is split in 4 sequences that last 15 minutes each and come back every hour and a half. Those sequences are called REM sleep.
Sometimes, like alot of people, you may sleep for ten hours straight without finding this deep sleep, and after ten hours have gone by you wake up feeling like shit, exhausted.

But if we knew how to precipitate as quickly as possible into the REM sleep when we go to sleep, we could sleep for an hour a day by going through all four sequences of REM sleep all at once, with no interruption, so that we could fully regenerate in no less than one hour. This is what you were trying to do right riffski?

How do we do this?

First of all, you have to be able to recognize your own cycles of sleep. For this, all you need to do, is to take note of the time of the first yawns of the evening, the first tiredness of the day, which usually happens at around 6 p.m., and from there you know that it will come back every hour and a half. These will be the precise moments of the passage of your train of deep sleep. If you go to bed right at that moment and if you oblige yourself to wake up three hours later (with an alarm clock), you can progressively teach your brain to compress the sleeping phase by conserving only the important parts of sleep.
This way we perfectly recover in a short amount of time, and you wake up feeling great.

I think that one day, we'll probably teach kids at school how to control their sleep like this.

--------------------

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#3521404 - 12/19/04 05:20 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hehe nice job on making it through all those days man!

I've heard you can live 7 days without eating... :wink:

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3522844 - 12/20/04 12:01 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You mean drinking. You can last (i believe) about a month (or more) without eating

--------------------

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

#3523928 - 12/20/04 10:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Jux, that depends the % of bodyfat you have since the body will start "eating" it when you are completly empty of food in the tummy. Like a dude at 100KG would live longer than one thats 50.

--------------------

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

#3524371 - 12/20/04 01:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Also depending on how much muscle mass you have. The body loves to break down that delicious protein

--------------------

Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
    #3526644 - 12/21/04 04:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

im a tweaker. not ass much s i used to, but ill say from experiance that after about 36-48 hours w/o sleep w/ aid of methamphetimes i can really do some intense thinking.deep thought provoking...also can draw paint sculp mold fold bend twist trace anything into a fuckin peice of art. but after 3 days its all... sentance fragments, answering questions you were asked hours ago out loud when youre alone...absolutely no organization of thought . just a clusterfuck of half thoughts and and and SEE!!!! i forgot what i was getting at.FUCK! time to sleep.lol have fun.

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

OfflineRiffSki
Fulltime stoner

Re: my davinci experiment is comnplete! here is a report [Re: uriahchase]
    #3528969 - 12/21/04 07:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

but u wierd

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order