Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Project for a New American Century (PNAC)
    #3518965 - 12/19/04 01:22 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

So, what is this thing called PNAC, and what does it have to do with America?
Well, according to their website, the PNAC is:
Quote:

" a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle; and that too few political leaders today are making the case for global leadership"

It is accepted as the Bush administration's foreign policy, and blueprint for American world dominance. The organization was founded in '97, but Paul Wolfowitz devised the first "draft" of it while working under George H.W. Bush's Secretary of Defense, Dick Cheney.
From the original draft in 1992:
Quote:

"The U.S. must show the leadership necessary to establish and protect a new order that holds the promise of convincing potential competitors that they need not aspire to a greater role or pursue a more aggressive posture to protect their legitimate interests. In non-defense areas, we must account sufficiently for the interests of the advanced industrial nations to discourage them from challenging our leadership or seeking to overturn the established political and economic order. We must maintain the mechanism for deterring potential competitors from even aspiring to a larger regional or global role."

In their Statement of Principles they state America needs to increase spending for defense and military, challenge regimes that don't have the same opinions or views as us, promote the cause of political and economic "freedom" worldwide, and take responsibility for securing a new world order friendly to our security, principles, and prosperity. The Statement of Principles is signed by Jeb Bush, Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowitz, Donald Rumsfeld, Steve Forbes, and others.

The real reason behind the war in Iraq and Afghanistan is to establish the United States as a dominant power in the Middle East, as well as securing precious natural resources. The war was planned well in advance of the Bush administration's media brainwash of lies to justify an invasion. In 1998 PNAC sent a letter to Clinton urging Saddam to be overthrown, claiming he could put the world's oil supply in danger.

In September of 2000 they issued a report titled "Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century." Among the things suggested in the report are:
-"Fight and decisively win multiple, simultaneous major theater wars"
-Keep all peacekeeping and rebuilding missions within the power of American political leadership rather than that of the United Nations.
-Take control of cyberspace, otherwise "[America] will find it difficult to exert global political leadership."

The members of PNAC assumed that carrying out this global domination agenda would be a long process, barring some "unforeseen" "catastrophic and catalyzing event, like a new Pearl Harbor." Of course, 9/11 rolls around and the door is open! PNAC, in a letter to George W. Bush, declared "even if evidence does not link Iraq directly to the attack, any strategy aiming at the eradication of terrorism and its sponsors must include a determined effort to remove Saddam Hussein from power in Iraq."

The Bush administration has clearly, on more than one occasion, grouped North Korea, Iran, and Iraq together as the "Axis of Evil." Undoubtedly, Iran is next on the list of invasions for PNAC. North Korea will likely be soon after that.

So why has this world domination agenda not come to public light? If it is the Bush administration's foreign policy, why has it not been announced and shared with the public? How can America plan to be the sole superpower, the guiding light, the beacon of "freedom", the poster child for democracy, when our powers that be cannot even run our own country? The PNAC is absurd. I have no actual evidence right now, but it seems to me that this is the beginning of the New World Order.

-----
SOURCES
The Project for a New American Empire
The Project for the New American Century
Project for the New American Century Website

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: Project for a New American Century (PNAC) [Re: DNKYD]
    #3519140 - 12/19/04 01:55 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DNKYD said:
I have no actual evidence right now

That statement sums up the last 420 PNAC posts in this forum.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
Re: Project for a New American Century (PNAC) [Re: z@z.com]
    #3519299 - 12/19/04 03:00 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Check Sut Jhally's talk on A.R. on these guys.  Quite interesting.  :stoned:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #3519653 - 12/19/04 07:57 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Dont you think its fairly sinister that a bunch of guys write to Clinton advising him to overthrow Saddam to protect the oil for America and once these same guys are in power they go to war with Saddam based on "facts" which later turn out to be absolute rubbish?
Go back to sleep America, keep drinking beer you assholes!  :smirk:

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Re: Project for a New American Century (PNAC) [Re: GazzBut]
    #3519741 - 12/19/04 09:13 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

America gets most of its oil from the USA, the gulf of Mexico, Venzeula and Canada and very little from the mid east. The oil didn't belong to Iraq when Saddam Hussein was in power. It was stolen by Saddam Hussein, Kofi Annon and the French. The war in Iraq gave the oil back to the Iraqi people.

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: Project for a New American Century (PNAC) [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3520125 - 12/19/04 01:00 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

The war in Iraq is just a stepping stone into Iran. PNAC wants to be a dominant power in the Middle East. Securing oil fields is just part of that plan. Iraq is in control of their own oil? Sure. But how will that matter when the Middle East is being controlled by the USA?

The oil does not matter. What matters is our economy is sliding down a slippery slope, and the powers that be want to increase military and defense spending like no other. These assholes bent on world domination are steering this country, and this world, in the complete wrong direction. Democracy is not "hey, you don't believe the same stuff we do..... die!", it's "hey, you seem to have a reasonable view on things, as do I. Maybe we can learn from each other." How does challenging everybody that does not conform to our views make friends? How could this possibly be good for humankind?

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #3520143 - 12/19/04 01:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
Quote:

DNKYD said:
I have no actual evidence right now

That statement sums up the last 420 PNAC posts in this forum.

no evidence?!...if you ask me..that website sounds pretty straight from the horses' mouth...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
    #3520184 - 12/19/04 01:18 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

The war in Iraq is just a stepping stone into Iran. PNAC wants to be a dominant power in the Middle East. Securing oil fields is just part of that plan. Iraq is in control of their own oil? Sure. But how will that matter when the Middle East is being controlled by the USA?

Regardless of what the PNAC believes the US does not have an infinite amount of resources or manpower. The way things are going in Iraq US forces are going to be there for quite some time yet.

I think any regime change in Iran will be the result of an internal revolution, which may have the backing of the US, rather than an invasion.

As the old, fanatically religious leaders make their way to the afterlife they will be replaced by the more moderate youth who will hopefully be more receptive to ideas such as basic Human Rights and freedom from reglious persecution.

Quote:

"hey, you seem to have a reasonable view on things, as do I. Maybe we can learn from each other."

Unfortunately most governments in the Middle East do not have 'a reasonable view on things' though that is my opinion of course.

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleSoopaX
Criminal DrugAnalyst

#3520350 - 12/19/04 02:23 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I don't see anything wrong with a country trying to become more powerful and have better access to raw materials that they need to run their society. As we have more people we'll need more and more raw materials including fossil fuels. I rather like America and don't want to see her run down the toilet (anymore than has already occured) because we won't use our military to replace some tyrants so that we can have cheap oil. This doesn't mean that I support the alleged goals of the PNAC, but if a group is fighting to make my country stronger, I'm not going to be bashing them for it.

--------------------

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women, man

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion