Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Dream changes
    #3518117 - 12/18/04 09:37 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

a few years ago my father decided to leave my mom to marry another woman after having an affair with her for who knows how long. because of this i have not spoken to my father for about 3 years.even for a few months before he moved out and before i found out his reasons i had minimal contact with him. i am willing to forgive him but he shows no signs of remorse and doesnt even try to contact me. of my 2 sisters only my youngest one has any contact with him, i guess she doesnt quite understand what he did or maybe she just lves him to much. well i still love my father and he was an awsome role model when i was younger, he was always there to tell me what was right and wrong, and i guess this juxtaposed with his greivous act of imorality made me lose all respect for him.

well anyway now more to the point of my post. i enjoy my dreams and pay attention to them a great deal by recording them everynight and i even practice lucid dreaming. but since the split between my father and me everynight and i mean every single night for the last couple years i have at least several dreams with my father in it. is this a sign of some sort of repressed memories or somme other sort of unhealthymental fixation? i would think that something like this would fade with time but it is just as consistent as always.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Dog Lover

Re: Dream changes [Re: frogger25]
    #3518136 - 12/18/04 09:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

It is time to call your father and make time to hang out and talk. You gotta do it :heart: :thumbup:

What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

User Gallery

Loc: east coast
Re: Dream changes [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3518206 - 12/18/04 10:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

well i dont really think that i want to do that. i guess i forgot to mention how he really fucked up my moms life. after they had kids(4 of us) my mom quit her job so she could stay at home and raise us right, this wasnt a problem at all, my dad being a police officer mad plenty of money for us to live comfortably and had great benefits. now my mother due to the divorce has had to get 3 jobs and every morning has to get up at 3am work till 11am then go on a 30min commute to her next job. she takes these jobs with crappy hours just so she can have basic health benefits. after all this she still barely is able to pay the bills each month. now the amount my dad gives her is fair amount according to the courts i am not complaing about that but it has had a devastating effect on my mother, and i am worried she is developing a drinking problem and is very depressed as a result, we are currently waiting to see if we can afford to keep our home. not only are the effets finacial but my mother is no longer a young woman and the idea of living alone the rest of her life i would imagine is terrifying. i feel helpless about this aspect, my older sister and i am away at college most of the year so i am not even able to help out arround home with say yardwork and stuff. everytime i do go home i get rather depressed seeing the drecrepit condition my once nice home is in due to a lack of upkeep it has, for example the sink upstairs hasnt drained for about a year due to the fact we simply cant afford a plumber. there is piles o junk everywhere cause my mom does not have anytime to ever pick up after my younger sisters who are very destructive. like i said i have no respect for my father and i dont think i could stand to talked to him due to the extent to which hhe severely fucked up my entire family's life.

The VerbalHerman Munster

Loc: Texas
Re: Dream changes [Re: frogger25]
    #3524665 - 12/20/04 05:16 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Damb thats a bad situation for all involved. All i have to say is you shouldn't lay the blame entirely on your father. If he was trapped in a loveless relationship with your mother, it might have hurt her, and the family worse for him to stay with her.
You can't just pretend to love somebody, and be happy with them the rest of your life. Mabey he was truely in love with this new woman, and couldn't go on living a lie with your mother.
Mabey he's just a bastard, who couldn't handle being a family man.

Either way, you need to talk to him about it. He's your dad. At least hear his side of the story, before you decide never to speak to him again.
Or in 30 years, when he dies, you'll be kicking yourself in the ass for not being a son to him.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being