Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline5553
looking into growing.... (first time)
    #3515514 - 12/18/04 12:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I have been wanting to grow some shrooms for the last while and have read the PF Tek and have been reading various writings on here and other places. So you going to tell me to use the PF Tek using mason jars.... then later on put them in a large casing etc..... Well my friend was telling me the other day that he grew shrooms before in a large casing like that but not from mason jars. he said the rubbermaid container was about half full of subtrate, then that sat for a couple weeks and then turns into wut the inside of the jars look like then he put some special soil overtop and started applying them to a little light each day. he said it would be easier to grow them this way but would it? and is there any links to growing like this? and then I have also seen a couple things on the bags you buy and inject straight into the bag with the syringe... do the shrooms grow right in the bag or does it just colonize in there then you do something? havent been able to get shrooms for a long time so I think i need to grow some! any help appreciated!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: looking into growing.... (first time) [Re: 5553]
    #3515540 - 12/18/04 12:51 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

u could do the pf tek using normal cups , also u could always do WBS tek in glad containers and add coco coir on top and save a shit load of time!

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineRazorFire
Stranger

#3515552 - 12/18/04 12:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Dude, if you haven't even tried the PF tek yet i wouldn't even suggest you think about trying that. Doesn't matter how much you read about something, your not going to really get the hang of it until you do it. So I would suggest starting out with the PF tek and when you get that down then move on to casing then bulk. But don't jump to the hardest your first time, your just asking for trouble and many failed attempts.
Not trying to sound negative or anything, just trying to help.

OfflineMajestic
M.I.A.
 User Gallery

Loc: Florence, Oregon
    #3515557 - 12/18/04 12:53 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

The grow bag kits colonize and when they fruit, you just slit holes/space in the sides and mushrooms will pin and grow outward. Any tek you find can be done succesful if u spend plenty of time reading first and understanding, the more of a mental picture you have of what you need to do the better.

They all vary on levels of difficulty, but even the hardest ones are only hard in comparison to the easiest, anyone can manage as long as you take your time, do it correctly, and dont try to take shortcuts. There are plenty of teks for growing methods on this site. Goto the top of this page, select 'mushroom info' and look at the growing mushrooms area..=) pm me if u have any more detailed questions. ~D

--------------------
"The Oracle at Delphi is quite possibly real...
I watched a documentary on it on Discovery channel."  -Darcho

People will always be tempted to wipe their feet,
on anything with 'welcome' written on it.

:regularshroom:?:regularshroom: "mushroom, what?"
_\ -/_

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: looking into growing.... (first time) [Re: RazorFire]
    #3515561 - 12/18/04 12:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RazorFire said:
Dude, if you haven't even tried the PF tek yet i wouldn't even suggest you think about trying that. Doesn't matter how much you read about something, your not going to really get the hang of it until you do it. So I would suggest starting out with the PF tek and when you get that down then move on to casing then bulk. But don't jump to the hardest your first time, your just asking for trouble and many failed attempts.

take me for example i did WBS first time and i made 40grams dry like yeah ! so um i have nothing lol , go with what ur comfortable with !

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Edited by liveby (12/18/04 12:55 AM)

OfflineRazorFire
Stranger

Re: looking into growing.... (first time) [Re: liveby]
    #3515585 - 12/18/04 01:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

liveby said:
Quote:

RazorFire said:
Dude, if you haven't even tried the PF tek yet i wouldn't even suggest you think about trying that. Doesn't matter how much you read  about something, your not going to really get the hang of it until you do it. So I would suggest starting out with the PF tek and when you get that down then move on to casing then bulk. But don't jump to the hardest your first time, your just asking for trouble and many failed attempts.

take me for example i did WBS first time and i made 40grams dry like yeah ! so um i have nothing lol , go with what ur comfortable with !

True, i have talked to other individuals who done casing their first time. But, in general most people should start with the PF tek or something similar. But hey, if you do casing or grain your first time with success then congratulations.
ITs all good.  :smile:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation