Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjred

re using wbs ?
    #3514244 - 12/17/04 05:22 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well i have a good amount of wbs that i knocked up but it didn't grow.there is some signs of growth but i was wondering if i could simmer it to rehydrate the wbs to use again only this time in jars?

well not that i can't use it im sure do what ever i feel is needed..does anyone have any exp with recycled wbs:) i just don't want to soak 24hr then simmer.. really fuck it i'll just pitch this shit since i have a whole bag of new wbs..

Edited by djred (12/17/04 05:25 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: re using wbs ? [Re: djred]
    #3514274 - 12/17/04 05:33 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Pesonally I say when in doubt throw it out .And I for one doubt it is wise to reuse grain .
But you could rePC it for like 1.5 hrs or 2 and reinoc it .I'd only add a few mls of water at most , too much moisture can be your worst enemy .
GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: re using wbs ? [Re: tripndicular]
    #3514317 - 12/17/04 05:48 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I had super growth in my WBS, untill I got that smelly son af a biatch contam wetspot!!
A some things are working againts me.... :sad:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

Re: re using wbs ? [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3514471 - 12/17/04 06:35 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
I had super growth in my WBS, untill I got that smelly son af a biatch contam wetspot!!
A some things are working againts me.... :sad:

Is this an example of what reinocing can turn into ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3514559 - 12/17/04 07:05 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

No this was first innoc hehehe... :wink: Yeh yeh I remember papa TrippingD raising his finger when I made that 99% casing which got cobweb lol.

The only one out of 4 showing growth. The other 3 no wetspot no cubensis no nothing.

One of them I re-inoced. With a strain (B+) from the same vendor as the non-growth EQ syringe. Untill now no growth establishing.... :frown:

A PITA this is! Only positive is I get to learn all different contams and I think I must be more clean with my incubator too.

You think my remaining cakes are in danger TripnD?

--------------------

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#3514574 - 12/17/04 07:09 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

lifes a bitch!

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Re: re using wbs ? [Re: liveby]
    #3514594 - 12/17/04 07:18 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

And then you marry one?? :lol:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3514628 - 12/17/04 07:26 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomFriend said:
No this was first innoc hehehe... :wink: Yeh yeh I remember papa TrippingD raising his finger when I made that 99% casing which got cobweb lol.

The only one out of 4 showing growth. The other 3 no wetspot no cubensis no nothing.

One of them I re-inoced. With a strain (B+) from the same vendor as the non-growth EQ syringe. Untill now no growth establishing.... :frown:

A PITA this is! Only positive is I get to learn all different contams and I think I must be more clean with my incubator too.

You think my remaining cakes are in danger TripnD?

Going off your current success precentages ............
Yes good chance you get get more nasties .
Work on that cleanliness thingy  :thumbup:
Play with moisture contents i.e. cut back a little on the water amounts , this is just a guess , I am not sayin this "IS" your problem , just an idea to play around with .
I never have done cakes so I am not best choice in mentors , I am good enough with grains to be dangerous  :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1M
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #3514657 - 12/17/04 07:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

djred said:
well i have a good amount of wbs that i knocked up but it didn't grow.there is some signs of growth but i was wondering if i could simmer it to rehydrate the wbs to use again only this time in jars?

why do you think its too dry, personaly I say keep them and see how it goes

Quote:

does anyone have any exp with recycled wbs:) i just don't want to soak 24hr then simmer.. really fuck it i'll just pitch this shit since i have a whole bag of new wbs..

its always ben a bad idea in my opinion, the only way to reuse it is in the compost pile

Offlinedjred

Re: re using wbs ? [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3514829 - 12/17/04 08:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

i have a dog food back that is filled with karo water wbs popcorn,i looked today and seen some nice white growth going along with masive grey mold i call it..it's my pile of contams..i had a karo jar that had to be contamed cause everytime i used it jars go grey..the karo myc was ropey spread apart..i pitched it..fuck it have plenty of other jars ready of karo.. dog food bag is my nasty pile for later on this spring hopefully i can throw it in the ground and fruit some rewards..lol

Edited by djred (12/17/04 08:35 PM)

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

#3516403 - 12/18/04 08:22 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

WBS wasnt a cake, in teh cakes I got 2 contams so far. Green mold. 1 got it after I added sterile water, and one got it after 7 weeks it was growing so slow I put it out of teh incubator and it got attacked by the hulkies.. :wink:

In the corn casing, cobweb, and now in wbs jar, wetspot.

I bought vinagre and gloves today and 2 additional spraybottles. Wasnt any mouthcap at that grocery.From now on my bathroom will be my working zone, kitchen only PC-ing.
Bathroom is smaller easier too clean, and less meanies there I think. The kitchen is at the back of the house with us and the animals going in and out all day. Dust and dirt etc etc.
So I bought rye once more, and a quart of millet. Now am gonan look if I can mix those 2.

Should I spray my incubator a bit with vinagre and h2o2? To kill eventual wetspot, cobweb and greenmold? LOL bad idea huh... :grin:

--------------------

OfflineLaughingJim
Anti-Toxin
 User Gallery

Loc: USA, ( CT )
    #3516974 - 12/18/04 01:27 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Just a quick observation, from my side of the fence...

You have to strictly hydrate the seeds for two days prior to sterilization. (Seeds submerged under warm water.) This will hydrate all the super-dehydrated, (Nearly indestructable), virii, spores, bacteria, that has slipped into protective mode.

You can also get a DEEP penetration by soaking in water, and pressure cooking for 30 Min. @ 7-10 Psi, prior to the two day sit. To extend your time further, place in the fridge after the two day wait, until you are ready to sterilize/use.

For the ultimate protection from self contamination. After your initial rinse and one hour soak and final rinse. Throw the substrate right into the pressure cooker for the full 13-15 Psi @ 1 hour... Let it cool slowly, without releasing pressure until totally cool. Then store it in the fridge, or use it in your mix, followed by the normal sterilization.

BOILING WILL NOT WORK!

Oven bag sterilization may just re-super-dehydrate the contamination again, preserving it for when you inoculate/incubate. EG, not get rid of it, due to the drying effect that oven bags tend to cause.

--------------------
Don't forget to RATE us if you think we are offering GOOD or BAD advice, Thank-you!

I participate in the PROTEIN FOLDING PROGRAM helping the shroomery to help others,
FOLDING.STANFORD.EDU
I support www.shroomery.org (Team # 12679)

OfflineMushroomFriend
Vargen ska fanleva!!
Male User Gallery

Re: re using wbs ? [Re: LaughingJim]
    #3517063 - 12/18/04 02:11 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Jim thanks.

Most TEks soak for 12-24 hours (hydrating and awaking of bad elements)
Rye is simmered 45 minutes in Magash TEK
Then PC 1-1,5 hour.
WBS teks soak 24 hours max, simmer half an hour (or no simmer), PC 1 h - 1,5h

As an extra, one can wait 6-12 hours between simmer and PC, but is your method really needed? Takes soooo many time and effort?

I like the pre-PC of 30 mins @ 7-10 psi though....

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Dehydrator, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation