Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"?
    #3510708 - 12/16/04 07:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The proof of the pie is in the eating...

Here we are a community where people do use psychoactive substances and especially psychedelics...Using psilocybin is a common experience for members in here,so common that they can freely experiment with dosage and combinations , grow nice ammounts of mushrooms having a steady supply of this entheogen and even theorize on the mushrroms effect on humans.At our Ethnobotanical garden the most obscure magical plants are discussed as being commong knowledge (and ofcourse tried by various methods of ingestion).Erowid,Lyceaum and other sites are also common reading material and provide everyone with information.Even the obsucre exotic research chemicals are indeed somewhat "not unheard of" starting with all the 2C-X bussiness and even combination with "unheard for the public" tryptamines such as 5-Meo-DMT and DPT...

So...Lots of experimentation with reality filters in here.YEs,the members of this community have been and are exposed to the "entheogen factor"

So,How is this community "different" than lets say a photography community or a porsche community.Is the behaviour,goals,ideals ,mentality of people in here different?If entheogens do "change" someone or can help him change,if the mushrooms "teaches" or "you teach yourself with it" it should reflect on the image of this community.

Are our "statistics" different than other forums or other "non entheogenic communitites?Is there for example "less ego games" here even at the pub or the otd than lets say in a forum about 4X4 trucks or Porsche driving? Is there more "love and understanting" than a "forum about linux" ? Is there less "elitism" lets say than a Chess forum? Are our social "standards" in here different than a community which was never exposed to entheogens?

If entheogens and mushrooms is "yet another hobby",with no difference from exciting skydiving,intellectual chess or the visual aspect of amateur photography then for this "yet another recreational hobby" its practicers are risking alot...Photography may not be illegal ,chess might not be seeded with "urban myths and rumors" but this happens in the "drug scene"....

Opinions?

By the way,what i say is not only from a philosophical or spiritual viewpoint.Its also from the viepoint of serotonine agonism and antagonism,gene expression changes,flow of information change exerted by psychedelicso n the brain...

By the way i was inspired from adamists thread http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3510083/an/0/page/0

(Thanks Adamist,nice thread!)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Psiloman]
    #3511085 - 12/16/04 08:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My response is also inspired by Adamist's thread...

Every "community" has something in common. That something that we all share is where our lives, experiences, and interests overlap. It's a beautiful thing to see consciousness form in groups around another aspect of consciousness, no matter how "trivial" it may be. In this way the Shroomery is no different from a monster truck fan forum.

This is how consciousness organizes itself. Like attracts like. And the beauty isn't in the similarity of interests. It's in the differences that surround the interests. The Shroomery for example has such a varying demographic. There are people here from all sorts of different backgrounds, beliefs, and political standings. It's amazing to see hundreds of wildly different people all sharing the focus of a community.

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Psiloman]
    #3511136 - 12/16/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Amazingly put!  :thumbup:
I don't know about any "factual" information, but I can give my own opinion...

For me the Shroomery is unlike any other community online or off.
There is energy and intelligence here thats at the fore-front of human (and maybe not so human) DNA evolution.  :crazy:
This is the reason the Shroomery is the only website I frequent.

I would be very interested to see a study done on this idea.  :thumbup:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
    #3511141 - 12/16/04 09:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I noticed that most people here admit to doing illegal drugs, while on other forums they do not. I do not consider the people on the Shroomery any kinder, wiser, more benevolent or such than anyone else; often the drugs even make them more arrogant or distrustful.

There are a few crazy diamonds on here that I can think of though.

Really, we don't differ from others forums too greatly in the way we talk and such, except for the obvious fact that instead of talking about monster trucks we talk about mushrooms and psychoactives

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

OfflinePsiloman
Male
Loc: Europe
Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Ravus]
    #3513247 - 12/17/04 11:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Really, we don't differ from others forums too greatly in the way we talk and such, except for the obvious fact that instead of talking about monster trucks we talk about mushrooms and psychoactives "

So,then 5HT-2a agonism and the change in the flow of brain information and changes in gene expression mushrooms induce do not make a "measurable" change than having as a hobby Monster Truck discussion?

"often the drugs even make them more arrogant or distrustful."

Is this forum merely a "photography" or "porsce driving" or "Uma thurman" forum with people just being more "arrogant or distrustfull"?

If it is so ,then why do wecontinueon this path tha carries measurable legal risks as well as some health risks for those that are not "so careful"?

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity
    #3513354 - 12/17/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think there's a definite difference for sure

But it's a little presumptious, almost arrogant, to say that we as a community are somehow above or better than other communities.

Sure, we value this community more, otherwise we wouldn't be here. But when it comes down to it, it's all relative to the person :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: deff]
    #3513373 - 12/17/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The difference is that most of us are drug user or past drug users. And people that accept drugs are much more open to things and ideas.

When you bring a group like this together and all they can do is talk and not do drugs. They tend to be bound tight by there experiences that most people can't grasp.

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3513651 - 12/17/04 12:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There is no difference in thought patterns.
The only difference are the topics covered.

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Sclorch]
    #3513729 - 12/17/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yeah go visit a group of hard core criminals doing time for life and then tell me that. There are many different thought patterens.

There are huge differences between one group of people and another.

Kids who are brought up in the middle America with money and good education are extremely different in the way they think then kids brought up in drugs,pain,war, crime and poverty. Kids who live in Iraq are way differeent than kids in Scotland.

Your thought patterns are a direct reflection of where you learn to live and what people you live around.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Fucknuckle]
    #3513832 - 12/17/04 01:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

No... the thought patterns are basically the same.

Most in here aren't really about real discussion... they're either wanting a pat on the back or they're just waiting for their turn to talk.  There's just as much selfishness here than anywhere else... it's just better disguised here.  The cool difference between the Shroomery and prison is that when someone doesn't like you here, you only get temporarily (or permanently) banned rather than shived or ass-raped.

Though prison tends to have more serious mental problems, the Shroomery is still pulling strong in that department.  We got the schizophrenic, the obsessive compulsive, the depressed, the sociopaths, the psychopaths, the abused, the abusive, the suicidal, the ADD, the SAD (social anxiety disorder)... we got it covered.

Think not?
Well, we got the delusional, too. :wink:

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Sclorch]
    #3513843 - 12/17/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok I see what this really is  :bye:

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #3513866 - 12/17/04 01:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My, you're a defensive one!

--------------------

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#3513873 - 12/17/04 01:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

How bout this:
We almost all share the psychedelic experience in common, and although we can have different views on the subject, its still what brought us together. What makes us "special" or uncommon is the nature of the experience that brought us together.

A trip is unlike any chess board round or 4x4 race, a trip is a consciousness altered experience, it is not bound to usual limitations of perception, it can bring new understanding, and often leaves you with a sense of having discovered something, of having something shown to you, and then suddenly when the trip ends the book closes, and you wonder if what you tried to read had any meaning, if it wasn't just a crazy illusion.

It is this experience that words cannot describe that we have in common. This is why i love this place, all the people i discuss with, well, they kinda "know", everyone here would tell you "ya man, i've been there, i know".

Its kinda like this; when people who have never tripped before try to read posts on S&P for example, most of the time they have no idea what is being said. That was how it was for me atleast, i read here before trip, and i had no clue what were the topics about. Then i tripped and THEN i started to understand more and more stuff on here, I was like, "ahhhh, I get it".

This is because I actually experienced the ineffable experience, instead of trying to read about it.

So Shroomerites are "special" because they share something in common that is beyond words. We like to discuss about this alot, but all we could ever get to would only be different metaphors of the same thing, IT.

Good luck trying to find another community who's main topic of discussion is something that is undescribable! :smile:

--------------------

Edited by exclusive58 (12/17/04 02:05 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3513937 - 12/17/04 02:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
So Shroomerites are "special" because they share something in common that is beyond words. We like to discuss about this alot, but all we could ever talk about would only be different metaphors of the same thing, IT.

Good luck trying to find another community who's main topic of discussion is something that is undescribable!

Okay... I'll give you that... the content is what keeps me coming here, too.
IT.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3514765 - 12/17/04 06:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

a few qualities most of us have more of than the norm

1. drug use higher

2. psychadelic drug use higher

3. interest in philosophy

4. some degree of spiritual interest or practice

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblenewuser1492
Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3514971 - 12/17/04 07:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In general people here seem much more open to a wide variety of topics. It seems most people here are willing to allow a poster to "speak" about whatever they wish and although another a person may not agree and voice his opinion he/she still allows the poster to "speak" what they want. This forum is very different from almost every other forum I have visited in that respect. I think only the-hive is as free as this forum.

Look at the Sponsors forum and MikeOLogicals thread with pf. That is a very free discourse. Look at OTD. On overgrow they go fucking nuts if you say something even the least bit offensine. Say "gay" over there and everyone will go nuts. Look at PA&L. Mostly Libertarians, need I say more? Well if I must they are generally the most open to and believing in the idea of personal freedom.

I don't think there are many forums that rival the Shroomery when compared to the wide variety of ideas and knowledge that is freely exchanged and often understood. Of all the forums I visit; technology, car audio, car performance, marijuana, chemistry and humor none compare to the Shroomery.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: So..Here we are at Shroomery...How Do Shroomers Differ from "other"? [Re: newuser1492]
    #3515092 - 12/17/04 08:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nothing ive found on the net comes close to comparing to the shroomery

may it last for a million years!

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies