Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Anytown USA
G2G w/o floohood or glovebox
    #3510162 - 12/16/04 05:51 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Is there any possible way i can get away with transferring rye to rye in bags without a floodhood or gb.

I do have a hepa, maybe that could help out somehow?  :confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: kronnyQ]
    #3510234 - 12/16/04 06:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This was written for jars, but would work for bags.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

G2G means Grain to Grain transfers.
Once you have learned to prepare sterilized spawn pint or quart jars of bird seed, rye or grains & fully colonize them with mycelium. You can easily propagate a single colonized quart jar of that into about 20 more via G2G transfers.

Jars propagated via G2G transfers generally colonize under optimal conditions 100% in 10 to 14 days . Given that, spores do not have to germinate, as what is transferred to freshly prepared jars is active mycelium on fully colonized seed or grains.

The method is to prepare fresh jars, just as you would to inoculate via a spore syringe (soak seed, rinse, drain, load, apply filter disk & PC). Excepting, rather than inoculate the fresh jars with a syringe. You transfer grain from a colonized jar to fresh uncolonized jars.

The procedure is simple & only requires common sense, minimal preparation, a long stout clean stainless steel spoon & the cleanest personal hygiene and the smallest uncarpeted working place you can muster.

Prepare the smallest cleanest uncarpeted room you have (generally, a bathroom). In the following manner. Clean the room as best you can, getting rid of any dirt, dust, mold or mildew. Remove any cloth hanging anywhere.

Spray Lysol on everything, everywhere & wipe it down. If you have any HEPA type air filter unit? Place it in the room & run it for at least 1 hour. Running a HEPA is preferable, but, if you don't have one. You can usually manage without it

Wipe your fully colonized jar of grain & your fresh jars down, with a clean Lysol sprayed rag. Place those in the room, on the counter top, or whatever flat working surface you intend to use. Wear freshly laundered clean cloths.

If you have a face mask (preferable) wear it. If you have a shower cap to cover your hair (preferable), wear it. Enter the room, spray Lysol around (again) run the HEPA for a few minutes (if you have one). Then, turn it off. Spray your hands & arms with Lysol & wipe dry.

Unscrew the lid off the colonized jar. Leave the internal filter disk or filter material in place covering the content. Unscrew the lid on a fresh jar, leaving the internal filter material in place. Remove the filter material from the colonized jar & dig up about ? of content, as it will be colonized into a solid mass.

Spoon out 2 table spoons full & transfer them to the uncolonized jar, by lifting it's filter up & spooning them in. Replace the filter material on the fresh jar IMMEDIATELY after spooning in the colonized material.

Repeat this same process as many times as you have fresh jars to transfer to. Once done. Screw the fresh jars lids on tight. Cover the outside of the lids of the fresh jars with a double layer of alcohol swabbed coffee filters & rubber band them down.

Shake each fresh jar to spread the colonized material throughout it. Place your fresh jars in a dry, dark, warm place (preferably between 78 & 84 F), and allow them to colonize in peace & quiet. G2G transfer & shaking jars batters the mycelium.

It takes it a day or 3 recuperate from that shock. There is no need to shake G2G jars more than once. As, doing so will only slow colonization, rather than speed it up.

--------------------

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #3510246 - 12/16/04 06:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I do grain to grain transfers all the time. You must have a room you can clean with no carpets..clean the room well..remove any carpets, rugs, towels, cubs, toothbrushes, whatever (I use my bathroom). Turn off your a/c and heat and shut the door with the HEPA running on high for a few hours. Take a shower and put on clean boxers, gloves, and a disposable paint mask..use alcohol to sterilize a spoon and keep the jars closed as much as possible. Remove the lid only when scooping in and then quickly put the lid back on and shake. If you are clean about it you can do well. 1 out of every 30-60 jars gets contamed this way for me usually.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: scatmanrav]
    #3510304 - 12/16/04 06:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That clean thing.Help a lot with my contam prob.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever since.

:sun:

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: KaptKid]
    #3510743 - 12/16/04 07:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I whipe a tub down with alcohol, spray with lysol, lay it on its side so contams cant "fall" onto media. I do my g2gs with clean hands using a tub or over the oven. Lysol comes in handy in my situation.

My contam rate using those methods for g2g are about 5-10%.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: dmc_]
    #3511994 - 12/17/04 12:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ugh I'm screwed cuz the only carpetless rooms in my house are the bathroom and the laundryroom and there is no way i could ever get those clean enuff

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3512053 - 12/17/04 12:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Use a Glove/Box :grin:

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3512130 - 12/17/04 01:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Maybe you could do as I did and use your hepa and a stearlite tub to make a positive pressure glove box. It works great!

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflinekronnyQ
SuperstudExtraordinaire
 User Gallery

Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: dog]
    #3513375 - 12/17/04 11:42 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Can you gimme a link to that dog...

I am gonna build a gb/ mock hood, when just all depends on what is wrong with my car and how much it will cost to fix cuz I can't go get the stuffs i needs without driving there :laugh:

*eagerly awaits call from S & S Auto*

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #3513701 - 12/17/04 01:05 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Go to the kitchen ....
Clean the fuck out of it , including wiping down all cabinet surfaces with pine or lysol cleaner , do same to all counter tops , clean the shit out of the floors .
Shut down heating\ventalation system to the whole house , spray lysol in the air , go take a shower , scrub under them fingernails real good , use antibac soap if got it , dress in clean clothes that fit kinda snug (no loose baggy flowing shit is what I mean by this ), if got a shower cap or surgical hair cap put it on , put on a face mask of some kind , even if just a clean bandanna , get shit ready for trans . Do it with slow purposefull movements , keep all people pets etc away from the area amd just get it done . You will be fine if you make it calen as humanly possible , keep air flow to area in control , including how you move around , dont go running around and moving fast , we humans stir up a lot of shit when we move .
If need be make a homeade lab room with clean sheets , hang them to act as a curtain , enclose a big enough space to work in , spray them with lysol spray .

Good Luck

PS I know 90 % of folks here either think I lie or am just so damn crazy it makes me lucky , but I do agar work , g2g trans , the whole nine yards , do I own a GB or FH or even a HEPA ........ HELL NO ! and to date I have aprox a 95% success rate . 5% contam rate is not bad in my eyes ! And most of those were on pupose !

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (12/17/04 01:09 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: tripndicular]
    #3515169 - 12/17/04 09:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Just remember that you'll actually be better off with a sealed glove box then a positive pressre one with a lousey filter! You need a true HEPA to use for a glove box that will filter down to .3 microns (99.97%). You'd be doing more harm then good with a "HEPA" thats only 99% (or even 99.9%) effective.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #3515180 - 12/17/04 09:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Remember the day (way back when) I built my first flow/hood with nuke grade ULPA. Frigging stainless steel filter case weighed almost 90 pounds

--------------------

Edited by agar (12/17/04 10:24 PM)

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Trusted Cultivator
Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: agar]
    #3515231 - 12/17/04 09:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Or one of them ^^

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #3515304 - 12/17/04 09:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Heres a smaller version of a nuclear grade UPLA perfect for pressurized gloveboxes and My Homer2's (for two 4 tier greenhouses) when combined with a 120mm axial fan. :thumbup:

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: G2G w/o floohood or glovebox [Re: hyphae]
    #3515446 - 12/17/04 10:24 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

That is a SWEET little hepa, ya got there.

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3516075 - 12/18/04 01:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sorry kronnyQ, I do not have a link because I built it without one, but I can tell you what I did. It's simple enough. I made a cover for the HEPA output vent from cut cardboard. I wanted to decrease the vent size. In the center of this cover I cut a dryer hose sized hole. I then attached one end of a dryer hose to the HEPA output vent hole and the other end of the hose is attached to a hole cut into the side of a large Stearlite tub.

On the other side of the tub I cut two holes for my arms. I also cut a large hole in the lid of the tub and covered it with Plexiglass so that I could easily see into it.

When you turn on the HEPA, clean air is forced into the box and out the armholes. This current of clean air prevents contaminants from entering through the armholes. I use my box for g2g transfers and agar work. Since I began to use it my contam rate has fallen to almost zero.

I hope that makes sense, I'm pretty tired.

I love your avatar. Every time I see it I have to stop and watch for a minute.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract