Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Synchronicity / intuition.
    #3505530 - 12/15/04 06:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I have read many books, and talked to alot of people and have got the same message.

In order to live life to the fullest, you must fully embrace synchronicty and follow intuition.

My question is how this applies to you. When I read about it in books, the scenario's seem pretty diffrent from my way of living, and I cannot relate.

I also do not know how to distinguish between synchronicity and pure coincidence. Is there a diffrence?

What if any of this comes into my life in a weird way? If I see a number popping up numerous times is that because its special, or because I am looking for it?

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Synchronicity / intuition. [Re: tak]
    #3505555 - 12/15/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

root-ninja-tak said:
What if any of this comes into my life in a weird way? If I see a number popping up numerous times is that because its special, or because I am looking for it?

I have also thought the same thing. I have a repetitive number and I am not quite sure how to interpret it and its appearences consistently. It might be beacue I am looking for it, consciously but unnoticing to myself. I can tell you many ways how my number is and could be special.

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

Offlinetrinity7
Qie Lan
Loc: Wide open space
    #3505565 - 12/15/04 06:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

To me, synchronicities come with a strange feeling like this is meaningful and it just CAN`T be coincidence. You simply know it and don`t have to prove it. ( this statement is not Swami proof, though )
I found that synchronicities usually happen when I`m not involved with the daily routine but rather `flow` along with life.

Anonymous

#3505691 - 12/15/04 07:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I'm with trinity on this one. You'll just "know" when it's a synchronicity. If it seems like just a coincidence, it is.

Synchronicity is related to the Tao. Synchronicities are like marks along a path that confirm that everything is going well and you're headed in the right direction. They pop up when you're just riding the flow of life. Don't stop and ponder a synchronicity! It's like the Tao such that if you stop to ponder it you'll stop the flow. Just recognize it and keep on moving, keep on flowing.

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #3505873 - 12/15/04 07:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"I also do not know how to distinguish between synchronicity and pure coincidence. Is there a diffrence?"

There is a difference between the commitment of placing oneself in the position of maximum benefit from the roll of the dice, and actually getting the desired roll. Such is life.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Synchronicity / intuition. [Re: ]
    #3505876 - 12/15/04 07:36 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3505906 - 12/15/04 07:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

well said max.  its when I am looking at the sun rise and then a song on a cd I have starts playing with "I can see the sunrise..."  :laugh:  :heart:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3505994 - 12/15/04 07:58 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Has anybody ever felt this flow, the Tao, the harmony with cosmic movement in the sands of [outward] time when they're completely setting their mind aside, and just following the [inner] body in raves/danceclubs/nightclubs/etc? And what happens is akin to how the Jedi use the "force" for precognitive performances and such; your body completely matches the beats, rythyms, and nuances of the music and songs, even though they were certainly not any songs you've heard before..
Very awesome feeling - to feel Tao; Flow. :grin:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Anonymous

Re: Synchronicity / intuition. [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3506214 - 12/15/04 08:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hell yeah man. Not just dancing but every hour of the day. I've learned how to latch onto it, to keep it going as long as possible. Like catching a wave and riding it as long as you can. It's an amazing feeling.

The Tao is also a powerful force. Stressful situations, deadlines, and opposing forces just disintegrate right in front of you when you're flowing with the Tao, like a missle plowing through a brick wall. It's the only thing these days keeping me from buckling under pressure.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #3506989 - 12/15/04 11:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The difference between coincidence and synchronicity is meaning.

I think the question is more of "who puts the meaning in synchronous events?"... us or something other than us (this option includes the possibility of "inherent meaning")?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Synchronicity / intuition. [Re: Sclorch]
    #3507528 - 12/16/04 04:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

after time had lost meaning, some of the effect wears off,
one's attention has been opened wider.
stuff starts happenning together in time again, rejoice!
simple things are noticed happenning together which would not be noticed.
after being so "religious" all things noticed have more resonance or meaning - (they last longer - linger meaningfully).

if you appreciate coincidences, then they will have more meaning. synchronicity is very enjoyable - one of my favourite jokes of the universe.

intuition is a side effect of paying attention. many mental threads proceed together and one still pays attention.
intuition is hard to unravel and explain but it is still valid.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #3508225 - 12/16/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I also do not know how to distinguish between synchronicity and pure coincidence. Is there a diffrence?

I'd have to agree with Sclorch there, in that the difference lies in the meaning. The former is meaningful, the latter is not. (Mainly from sheer numbers).

If you go looking for it, you're going to find all sorts of things. I am seeing numbers, makes and models of cars, houses, miscellaneous sporting goods, Bigfoot..wait a minute! Holy crap, I just found Bigfoot, guys!!

*Hurrily assembles enclosure for Bigfoot, contacts the media, begins printing tickets..*

Sorry. Now where was I? Oh!

I would say that coincidences you look for, synchronicities come looking for you.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: Synchronicity / intuition. [Re: Jellric]
    #3509144 - 12/16/04 02:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I wish I could flow free in life. Between work, and my girlfriend(whom I love to death) my waking hours are 100% accounted for. My only time to explore is in my sleep, and in my car with music on the way to work.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #3509279 - 12/16/04 03:07 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Read some CG Jung he wrote very indepth about sychronicity

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3511315 - 12/16/04 09:48 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I didn't unerstand why the number 222 kept popping up everywhere until Cosmic Joke sent me a link to the Meru Project. 111 and 444 also came up, but not like 222. The Kabbalistic model blew my mind. Numerological synchronicities are perhaps the earliest written about. However, read Jung's Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting Principle when you can. When an internal archetypal image occurs simultaneously with an external physical event, synchronicity is said to occur. Jung derived his explication from the mechanics of the I Ching, which translator Richard Wilhelm helped him with. Such mechanics seem to be the infrastructure of 'the miraculous,' inasmuch as the Tao translates in 'Way,' and 'The Way' was the earliest designation of the Christians. As BE HERE NOW says, "The Way is The Way is The Way...It's the same Way." Being in Tao is being in Christ (only the collective ego of Christendom says that calling it 'Christ' is the Way. The Way is Eternal and precedes Jesus of Nazareth).

Edited by MarkostheGnostic (12/16/04 09:50 PM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Synchronicity / intuition. [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #3511471 - 12/16/04 10:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I haven't seen you in awhile, Markos... hi. :wink:

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
I didn't unerstand why the number 222 kept popping up everywhere until Cosmic Joke sent me a link to the Meru Project. 111 and 444 also came up, but not like 222. The Kabbalistic model blew my mind. Numerological synchronicities are perhaps the earliest written about. However, read Jung's  Synchronicity: An Acausal Connecting  Principle when you can. When an internal archetypal image occurs simultaneously with an external physical event, synchronicity is said to occur. Jung derived his explication from the mechanics of the I Ching, which translator Richard Wilhelm helped him with. Such mechanics seem to be the infrastructure of 'the miraculous,' inasmuch as the Tao translates in 'Way,' and 'The Way' was the earliest designation of the Christians. As BE HERE NOW says, "The Way is The Way is The Way...It's the same Way." Being in Tao is being in Christ (only the collective ego of Christendom says that calling it 'Christ' is the Way. The Way is Eternal and precedes Jesus of Nazareth).

The Way is Slack.
Praise "Bob"!

--------------------

InvisibleBorealis
Riverdog

Loc: PNW
    #3512043 - 12/17/04 12:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hi everyone.. it's my first post to Spirituality and Philosophy. Hoping I don't break any rules :smile:. I regularly post in Hunting, but found this thread quite interesting. Anyway, here goes. I think there are similairities between synchronicity and coincidence..in fact they may be the exact same thing to the same person, depending on whether they have learned to trust their intuition or not. It is synchronicity when you realize you are not running things. I don't think shit happens..people let shit happen because they are not in touch with their intuition.

What I don't think is mentioned here is the phenomenon of synergy.. when the energies or intentions of two or more acheive a higher group consciousness. I feel people's energy good or bad, but have realized amazing sensations radiating from my center (mostly light when my eyes are closed, as well as sound and energy moving through me from a group)... say at the right concert. It's similar to what Skorpivo mentioned when it occurs.

Conversely, I have dosed with a group of people where the energy was not right and we all seemed to feel it. We continued to do what I call "bumping into eachother"... Second guessing what we intended to say and bouncing worried that we can't say what we want. The good thing is that we can chose who to eat shrooms with. Trial and error has told me that it takes a special breed to flow conversation and energies interestingly and positively. When birds of a feather flock together, it's no work at all to just be. Silence is sometimes the best kind of communication. It can reveal a lot about someone. I have seen many who can not sit quietly comfortably on psillies or off. The best move I can make sometimes is to sit in things and be compassionate with myself. Most of the time there is no action required from me.. but if there is, my direction comes from my center not my head. The center knows the difference between coincidence and synchronicity if I trust it.

--------------------
Freedom of information... act.

Chasing Sunsets.

Edited by Borealis (12/17/04 01:03 AM)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Synchronicity / intuition. [Re: Borealis]
    #3512135 - 12/17/04 01:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Has anyone here experienced "False Synchronicity"?

An experience that, at first, seemed synchronous... and days/months/years later find out it was entirely meaningless (or even staged).

My point is that if the brain can't distinguish between False Synchronicity and the Real McCoy (assuming it actually exists), then how can you justify attributing meaning to the event?

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3512437 - 12/17/04 05:52 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Greetings Sclorch.

I wouldn't call this experience "false synchronicity," but it does illustrate a misperception of factors which do not coincide. Years ago during the heyday of my acid usage I visited a friend and his brother. Their TV was on in their room, and music was playing from the stereo. For half an hour (and I wasn't on acid at the time), I thought that the TV volume was off because there was an FM radio simulcast going on, with music to accompany the images on TV. Total nonsense! Two separate unrelated things going on that I saw as connected.

In the film 'A Beautiful Mind,' Paranoid Schizophrenia was depicted by the professor's delusional state in which he found connections (mostly numerical) that contributed to the wider persecutory delusion of immanent atomic attack by the Soviets. The film depicted visual hallucinations, which didn't happen to the real person, but the paranoid delusional theme does make lots of false connections - creates an entire world-view. Charles Manson did this with his Family, and they bought into his delusion. Many or most cult leaders have Paranoid Personality Disorder or Paranoid Schizophrenia and make false assumptions about reality as a rule.

Synchronicity may be thought of as a 'scientific nomenclature for grace.' It appears to be a "superabundance of Reality" to quote the late great historian of religion Mircea Eliade.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #3512510 - 12/17/04 07:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sclorch said:The Way is Slack.
Praise "Bob"!

:wink: I'm soo sick and tired of sharing this so-called reality with the humans...

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag