Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Adamist]
    #3511492 - 12/16/04 10:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Lately I have been noticing how everything connects in a trip. Hearing, thinking, seeing, feeling, etc. all get more connected and blend together.

People feel a sense of oneness with everything else and closeness to others and all of that. That could just be the connections being made between you and others, so that everything you experience of them is part of you.

Make a complete connection to everything and what do you get? Ego loss!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3511886 - 12/17/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

everyone who is disagreeing is just stating different sides of the same coin. You're all describing the same thing. you all agree.

Invisibletekramrepus
Female User Gallery
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: ekomstop]
    #3511947 - 12/17/04 12:17 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Carlos casteneda told me in a dream that mushroom have consciousness, so does peyote.

by the way, peyote does grow in nature, doesn it?

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: tekramrepus]
    #3512737 - 12/17/04 08:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Personally I would think that virtually anything that stems from that intermingled network of conscious energy that is nature may posess some degreee consciousness of it's own..

Hell, measuring what appear to be conscious responses from plants can and has been experimented with and demonstrated scientifically on numerous occasions over the years.. Flashback

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Netherlands
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Divided_Sky]
    #3512765 - 12/17/04 08:44 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Divided_Sky said:
There is no US and no Shrooms that exist seperately. Their spirit is a part of our minds and we are their spirit. Think about that.

well i was thinking of the mushrooms inclanation for symbiosys...
if it has a conciousness it might be of the same nature as the body
and have some need of sybiosis to exist...

but if all of reality is realy the manifestaion of conciousness...
then both we and the mushrooms are simply aspects of a conciouss interacting with eachother...
that would work for all manners of everything. in that model even self-delusion is no more or less 'real' then hitting your thumb with a hammer...

Quote:

ekomstop said:
Quote:

Max Headroom said:
I'm just not sure everybody in the world will have to dose mushrooms to get to wherever most of us are probably going to end up sooner or later anyway..

well in that case the experiance can help prepare for the change...
it would be kinda poetic though...
i mean no saint should have anything to fear from it...
but sinners will have to go trough hell...
and we will finaly be home... (and the meek shall indeed inherit the earth...)

--------------------
-Know ye not that ye are gods?-
My homepage

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #3512825 - 12/17/04 09:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Amber_Glow said:
Lately I have been noticing how everything connects in a trip. Hearing, thinking, seeing, feeling, etc. all get more connected and blend together.

People feel a sense of oneness with everything else and closeness to others and all of that. That could just be the connections being made between you and others, so that everything you experience of them is part of you.

Make a complete connection to everything and what do you get? Ego loss!

this blending to gether is what I have been talking about.
I call it overlay or frame stacking.
I attribute it to slower fadeout of everything
so the frames get stacked up as they continue coming on, but fade more slowly (like traffic jamming on a mental highway unable to exit as quickly as per usual).

the ego loss IMO is inability to recognize and respond to the jumbled contexts when the frames are so stacked as to expose a universe inverted - cascaded - layered -collapsed or exploded or all of that. ego is so based on training and repetition, but in this chaotic or unpredictible universe one must step past that.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3516586 - 12/18/04 08:14 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i think the ego is a construct of the mind that we need to be able to deal with material reality.
when u disconnect yourself from material reality then the mind no longer needs an ego so it ceases to purpetuate what it does not need.

u speak of a matrix...
one might also consider the idea that reality itself is defined by
the limitations of our perception.
what if this matrix is more real then this world?

--------------------
My homepage

Offlinecurious4
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3516659 - 12/18/04 08:58 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

vertigo this conversation has left your grasp. you actually just dumbed down what we are trying to say the person who started this thread realizes what he is and what the shroomery is and what you are but you do not realize what you are.

Edited by curious4 (12/18/04 09:04 AM)

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: curious4]
    #3516732 - 12/18/04 09:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mushrooms do not have bank accounts, therefore t hey are not alive.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: question_for_joo]
    #3516963 - 12/18/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

question_for_joo said:
the mollecular composition of the mushroom's flesh is only by random accident causing weird things in the human brain. mushroom's grow out of the decomposing plant waste of cows but we don't ask well if the mushrooms cause us to think like god that makes the shrooms god devices, so cows must be god????? that's crazy talk see. does oat, wheat and yeast have a special purpose in mind to make humans all slurry? also there's that toad species that gives off hallucinogenic fluid on its back but no one is asking well what is the toad's higher purpose for humanity, nah it's just a toad with a special defense mechanism....

I feel that every thing is just as sacred as the next. Every thing has a lesson to teach or a gift to give. If you look at it from the point of view that it was just a randome accident that our brains have the same nero receptor as the chemical in this toads venom, what would be so special about life? LIfe is the greatest gift we have ever gotten.

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: curious4]
    #3517175 - 12/18/04 12:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

curious4 said:
vertigo this conversation has left your grasp. you actually just dumbed down what we are trying to say the person who started this thread realizes what he is and what the shroomery is and what you are but you do not realize what you are.

u just dont understand poetry dude...

--------------------
My homepage

OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: ]
    #3517207 - 12/18/04 01:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

The mushrooms aren't intelligent.

Actually it has been proven that they are! Scientists built a maze and at one end put some food (I thin oat flakes) for the mushrooms, the mycelium consistently found the quickest route to the food.

Sorry I don't know where the specific article is but I'm sure you could find it.

--------------------
]

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Wysefool]
    #3517716 - 12/18/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Intelligent and concerned about lowering their cholesterol!

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Adamist]
    #3519897 - 12/19/04 09:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
The answers have been slowly emerging since my first dose.
The mushrooms are devices to get groups of people's minds all on the same level so that our group consciousness creates a grid structure (such as the one you find here, the Shroomery). :3rd_eye:
Well this I've known for awhile... but the real question here is- what is the mushrooms' intent?
It's contributing to our evolutional leap of course, but is that all?
Do you think the mushroom has other intentions?
It's a question to ponder on our next trip!  :mushroom2:

There is no intention, no meaning, save what we assign. Grid structures? Group consciousness? No. Mushrooms have psilocin which binds itself onto seritonin receptors. There is nothing outside of yourself that is altered. How, then, can there be this grid?

--------------------

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: tak]
    #3520224 - 12/19/04 11:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Root, if you haven't played Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, I suggest you do so. You'll love the story behind Xenofungus and its Mind Worms.

I myself don't think mushrooms have any inherent spiritual dimension. All they do is change your mental state, much like alcohol or grass can. Since no can of beer has been proven to be conscious, I'll assume the same for a sativa plant and a mushroom.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3520246 - 12/19/04 11:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

the grid is an extension of the vision process itself.
before perception
vision is colored splotches and the first order of variance is
progression of splotches
the second order is linearity or curved progression.
then we do the processing.
the grid images and much of what gets depicted by alex grey etc.
are from the cascade of these primary prepercepted visual experiences mixed with the percepted image contents, often with more than a single frame of reference (fractalization?). pure eye candy.
mushrooms empower the smear of consciousness this way, yum!

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3520460 - 12/19/04 12:56 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

oooo my first expierience with salvia was very interesting. A grid formed infront of me by which two lion/cat heads poped out at me alternating one would pop out and recied as the other would do the same. This grid was very interesting.

Has any one ever heard of the M theory?

OfflineVertigo6911
Entheobotanist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #3520891 - 12/19/04 03:03 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

nope... do tell :smile:

--------------------
My homepage

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: How many of you have figured out what it is that shrooms are doing to us? [Re: Vertigo6911]
    #3522855 - 12/20/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well, first, there was M ... then came N ... followed shortly by O and P. Z, as always, was last to the party and found only an empty keg. There was much feasting and bloodshed, and the townsfolk rejoiced. Rock on, Cleavland, rock on.

--------------------

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #3523110 - 12/20/04 01:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is what they have been doing, Banana Phone

--------------------
What?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order