Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelowriderman
Stranger
First Timer - Want to use manure and straw teknique
    #3497955 - 12/14/04 03:18 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:mushroom2:I'm a first timer, i want to try growing shrooms with the straw and manure teknique. My friend gave me the directions to do this but i need to make sure it is all good.

I'm using a 3 shelf greenhouse 27"wide x 50"high x 20"Deep
17quart Pressure cooker
3 alluminum turkey pans
alchol prep pads
rubber gloves
cotton
Organic Popcorn

Start by filling the pressure cooker half way up with corn then add one gallon of water and let cook at 15psi and let shake for an hour.
after an hour strain all the water out of the cooker and add the corn to three mason jars and drill holes in the middle of the mason jar lids and pack the hole with polly fill cotton
Then inject the syringe threw the cotton and squirt 2cc of spores into each jar.
Let the mason jars fill up with white mold and after the jars are all white, pressure cook the straw and horse sh*t to get all the bad jerms out of it, then take the straw and manure mixture and lay a layer of it across the bottom of the turkey pan then lay in the corn and then put another layer of the straw mixture on top  of the corn then lay alluminum foil accross the top of the turkey pan untill the surface has a white mold across the top of the straw.
after the white mold has covered the top of the straw then take the foil off of them and place them into the green house with a humidifier and just wait for the shrooms to start growing.

If anyone no's how to do this procedure please critique me i need to make sure i'm doing this right my friend used to do it and he grew pounds upon pounds this way and its the way i want to try. :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Timer - Want to use manure and straw teknique [Re: lowriderman]
    #3497990 - 12/14/04 03:22 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Welp, nope thats not how you do it. You got wires and info crossed up and you need to do alot more reading then I feel like typing. There are many FAQ's on these subjects that will clarify either what you heard or what your friend told you.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3498005 - 12/14/04 03:26 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

your friend seems misled....You prolly are not going to jump into poo/straw right away with lots of success. You should start with just grains(wild bird seed or rye) to get going... you have lots of reading to do--start reading every growing tek out there and then compile it all into one.....

so start reading...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: First Timer - Want to use manure and straw teknique [Re: dobinky]
    #3498018 - 12/14/04 03:28 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I agree...this is a great hobby but it takes a bit of dedication, gl on the reading and post back and let us kno how it goes, later

OfflineShdwstr
FSRCanada
Male

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #3498056 - 12/14/04 03:33 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

You need to read some of the teks available on this site before you start. Your methods are out of order and will most likely contaminate the way you have listed them.

eg.

Simmer grain (popcorn), then load into jars.
Pressure cook jars, let cool, then inncculate.

You also might want to check on the proper way to prepare your substrate, look into casing methods, etc.

Good luck in your efforts.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
Re: First Timer - Want to use manure and straw teknique [Re: Shdwstr]
    #3498065 - 12/14/04 03:35 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shdwstr said:
will most likely contaminate the way you have listed them.

More like they will.  :tongue:

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinelowriderman
Stranger
    #3509343 - 12/16/04 03:19 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

:mushroom2:Well everything i gather'd that my friend told me i was trying to wright it all down when we were real f*cked up and i know it can't be really too far off because he has done it many of times and was real sucessful  my friend has since moved out of town and i have lost touch with him
When i maid that posting i was basically looking for someone that  could make some since out of that teknique or kinda new how to do it that way  and could correct my mistakes in the directions.
So if there is anyone out there that could better explain that teknique i sure would apreciate it if they could help me out.
'thankyou :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:
if anyone could help me please email me at
lowriderman66@hotmail.com lowriderman66@hotmail.com

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3509493 - 12/16/04 03:51 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

you aren't listening to what they said, what you are looking for is going to be a TEK, it'll show you step by step what you need to do w/ pictures. follow these steps and you will have success. go to the main page and look up mushroom growing information. newbies should start with the pf tek for simple minds IMO. once you get that down sky's the limit.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineIIGnosticAbhorII
Stranger
Re: First Timer - Want to use manure and straw teknique [Re: TODAY]
    #3509518 - 12/16/04 03:57 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

listen to today ^^^^ gl

Offlinelowriderman
Stranger
Re: First Timer - Want to use manure and straw teknique [Re: IIGnosticAbhorII]
    #3667245 - 01/23/05 10:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

A few quick questions for anyone that can answer them for me.
first off i have a Canner not a pressure canner and i was wondering if it would work instead of a pressure cooker or pressure canner.
If i'm using a greenhouse and a humidiffier what do i constantly want the humiditty at.
Last question I'm using manure and straw and i was wondering, cuz it say's to let the straw and manure simmer is there like some kind of bag i'm suppose to put this stuff in or should i just put the manure and straw in the pot and turn it on.

thank you for your help

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #3667295 - 01/23/05 10:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OMG

LISTEN to what they say, if you dont LISTEN then why ASK? :?: And why should people ANSWER if you dont LISTEN anyway? :confused:

Read young man, read, nice sunday afternoon to read some faq and cultivation manuals.... All available here at the shroomery. :grin:

And then come back... :wink: I dont think you have much credit left for the moment so, LISTEN! :mad:

Good luck though! :thumbup:
MF

Edit: No! First simmer your syringe in bleech, then after half an hour add some Pressure Cooked straw/poo, let it simmer for half an hour more.
Put in the freezer overnight. Next day load everything in a bucket, jam the lid on real tight and, throw it  away.. :grin: Or maybe some people here want a contest so they can win it! :lol:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order