Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Abandoned neighbor's cats
    #3509278 - 12/16/04 05:07 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

so here's their story...

The neighbors who lived in our apartment building right next to us have been evicted.  We haven't seen them for a few weeks, and the constable was here on tuesday to move their stuff out.  They didn't pay their rent for 3 months and were justifiably evicted.  We hung out with them on a number of occasions and they seemed like good people and we knew their cats...

However, this morning at 5:30am when i was on my way to work, i opened my front door and their was one of their cats sitting at our door.  We knew that our neighbors were long gone, and it's been freezing outside, so we brought him in.  When i went to leave again, there was one of their other cats who is still very young, so we brought him in aswell. 

We cannot believe that they would rather abandon their cats then arrange a home for them...we don't how long it was since they've eaten(my neighbors have been gone a while) but they were obviously quite hungry as they mowed down my cats own food.

So here is the dilemma, we called the shelters in worcester and boston and none had open spots for cats at this time.  We ourselves live in a very small apartment and the fluffy one and my cat don't get along, so we cannot keep them.

Fluffy seems to be a himalayn or persian, he doesn't get along with any other cat besides loki.  We do not know if he is neutered, but it's a safe bet that he is not.  He also seems to have a small eye infection.  He is a huge fluffy loving cat.

However he is extremely fond of humans and loves attention.  Age unknown, but not old.

Loki is a young(less than a year, born beginning of this summer) shorthair, and 3 times more affectionate than fluffy and gets along with other cats.  Again, we do not know of any vet care he may have recieved, but is apparently in good health.

So we are basically asking if there are any good shroomerites in need of an affectionate companion(s), who live in the mass/conn/ri area, who would like to take in these great cat(s), who is able to provide with a safe home and proper care.

This really saddens us that these people who we once considered friends and animal lovers, would abandon their cats in these freezing temps.  PM me for more info, or if you're interested.  Thank you.

:rasta:,

mycomancer

--------------------

Edited by Mycomancer (12/16/04 07:44 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Re: Abandoned neighbor's cats [Re: Mycomancer]
    #3509396 - 12/16/04 05:29 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

That really is a shame. Love them just lost one to some type of cancer a couple months ago and it was devastating I had him since I was in like the 3rd grade. Anyway I would love to take in a those cats but my current living situation does not allow for furry loved ones. We have condo comandos around here and they would get into a pissy fit. Anyway I would like to point out that that any potential adopeters of these fine animal do not need to live in this guys immediate location live animals can be shipped safely and breeders do it all the time I believe. It may be a little stressfull for the little guys but im sure they will get over it and it deffinately is better then wating on death row to be put down at the humane society. Also I would like to mention that I am a prowd owner of a Bengal pure breed cat that set us back lie $500 and worth every penny but from now on I will no longer be buying pets like dogs or cats from breeders there are already to many unwanted pets as there is and they are being put down every day because they no home.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineboOM
Female User Gallery

Re: Abandoned neighbor's cats [Re: Mycomancer]
    #3509577 - 12/16/04 06:05 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

if i was living in the US i would take both of them :frown:

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Loki spoken for [Re: Mycomancer]
    #3510120 - 12/16/04 07:41 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Well got some good news, Loki has been spoken for.  My girlfriends, fathers, downstairs tenant wants Loki.  This is good because we can visit him often, and Alayna(tenant) has the ability to provide care and companionship for him.  We've been calling people all day with no luck until now.  In reality it is perferred to find someone we know to take these guys.  We're just trying to quickly find good homes for them.  Thanks for the commpassionate responses! 

Fluffy is still unspoken for.

mycomancer

--------------------

OfflineShroom_Herder
Get In...
 User Gallery

Loc: Where The Magic Trees Gro...
Re: Loki spoken for [Re: Mycomancer]
    #3510657 - 12/16/04 09:39 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'd take fluffy if I could..

but seeing as how I live with 2 cats, a dog, a chinchilla, 2 geckos, a chameleon, 4 newts and 1 salamander, 2 red eye tree frogs, a pac man frog and am getting 3 dart frogs soon I cant take him (or her)

bah...

--------------------
We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country

InvisibleMycomancer
Psi Cubed
 User Gallery

Re: Loki spoken for [Re: Shroom_Herder]
    #3510791 - 12/16/04 10:04 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

no worries, luck will find fluffy. You have quite the herp collection  there.  right now i have a snow corn snake and a russian tortoise, and until recently a madagascaran tomato frog.  My collection pales in comparison to yours....for now. :cthulhu:

mycomancer

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub