Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
How to live free & function in society.
    #3509124 - 12/16/04 04:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Let me draw a picture real quick.

Lets say I work the same job day in and day out. I have a certain project due on a certain date. I also have to pay my car insurance premium at the end of the month wich is gonna cost me $1200.

I am pretty stressed out from work, worry gets the best of me. I cant stop thinking about how I will come up with this money either, I knew I should have been saving but being spontanious got the best of me.

I am a pretty low-stress kinda guy, and I try not to let anything get the best of me! I consider myself to be pretty spiritual in nature, and wanting the best for all human kind, but for some reason I find myself wishing hard upon others(not acting out on it though) and having a bad attitude towards others(especially at work).

Well I say enough is enough and I go on a long needed vacation from this planet. I find myself in my room at night travelling under my blanket with the aid of mushrooms. Or maybe I am at a rave somewhere, just flowing with love for everything. Either way, I am laughing at my problems.

"What does any of it matter?" I ask myself.
Who needs to drive anyway, its not environment friendly.
Why keep working somewhere you are not happy?

I am a free soul on this planet to do as I please, and nothing can stop me from being all that I can be.

Simple! Problem solved.

While i may have been under the influence, the ideas were pure. They did not originate from the drugs, but the truth.

Now I am forced to face these descisions.

I need a car to drive to work, and I need insurance so i dont wreck and pay someone off for the rest of my life.

I also need money coming in, and this is the best oppertunity for me to make money, and advance in life given my situation.

I am faced with the reality to quit my job would kill my finances. If I were to persue what I love (I dont even know what that is) I would probably fail, or get side tracked. If I did actually persue it, It might take longer than expected to start making money, and there is rent due, bills to pay, and food to bring home.

While I would like to roam the jungles, that seems like an impossibility. I understand that work is an essential part of any society, but it isnt work when you enjoy doing it.

I know there are a handfull of people who are content with what they do and can say they have found thier path, and how easy it is, etc, etc. None of that stuff seems practical.

No matter what I do in life, I will be happy. I will always maintain my spirituality, but I would rather do that while finding the path right for me, not just the path that is best suited for my situation. I want to maintain my freedom as a human being, and it seems todays society is making that real hard.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: How to live free & function in society. [Re: tak] * 1
    #3509685 - 12/16/04 06:22 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You could technically combine work with studying. You might be stressed for a couple of years, but the more degrees you've got, the more options you've got and in turn the freeer you are.

Society only limits you if you don't bend the rules.

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to live free & function in society. [Re: Alan Stone]
    #3509773 - 12/16/04 06:38 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I wish I could do that. I even moreso with I would have started sooner. And I know in 5 years I will be kicking myself in the ass cause its not too late now. It is just that it would be really really hard. I work 60 hours a week now, and that is a lot. I dont think I could hang doing school work on top of that. And I have missed the free ride bus, I will have to have an appartment with my girlfriend(who is in college).

--------------------

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: How to live free & function in society. [Re: tak]
    #3509804 - 12/16/04 06:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

its never too late man. I've been thinking the same thing as of late. doing two jobs and just trying to make money, seems all to fake to me. realize the more you make money, the more you are a slave to the system (as most of us are).

i think our living here on this planet is a little bit more than making money and "settling down"

sit down and think of what you want to really do, and then see if there is a job where you can do just that. there are people wondering the jungles right now, and getting paid to do so.

as alan said, bend the rules to your favor. you're not going to get everything you want, but then again...who does?

keep on loving and keep up a good attitude, because in the end, your mindstate is what matters most.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
Re: How to live free & function in society. [Re: kaiowas]
    #3509893 - 12/16/04 07:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

root-ninja-tek... if you figure out a way to break away from the wage-slave system of the hive--please let me know. :laugh: I feel like some people are too conscious, and we can't even keep up with the domesticated primates that will work hard and long just for a few new shiny new objects to play with. I mean, who wants that nice of a car, a wardrobe full of clothing that has been branded, or to have to pay for insurance, property tax, yada yada yada--it's all bullshit. We see through the bullshit and we can't catch up to the rodents still lookin' for the cheese at the the end of this endless race.

There's a lot of depth in Leary's usually-mocked comment of "turn on, tune in, drop out"--the real question is how does one successfully drop out and maintain a survival that is still enjoyable?

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to live free & function in society. [Re: ergot]
    #3509990 - 12/16/04 07:19 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Amen.

I love my girlfriend to death, tomorrow is out 1 year anniversary of being together.

She loves designer clothes, eating out, watching TV, and everything else I am against. She hates my music, and wants nothing to do with spirituality or deep thinking all together. She is the same sign as me(Leo) and almost completely opposite. I love her to death, and want to love her forever. I hope I can shed some light on her world, and maybe she can do the same for me.

When I am with her, I see a "conventional" lifestyle. Slaving myself to fit into society. This is not what I want. I do not want to sell my soul for the sake of being normal. I dont know what to do.

--------------------

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #3510036 - 12/16/04 07:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

^^^ your relationship exactly mirrors my own. I have the same 'type' of girl and I am absolutely in love with her--I want to succeed in the societal sense just for her--but it is the antithesis of the spiritual quest I am on. It really feels like I am wasting so many precious moments of my life (seriously, slaving them away) trying to follow the routine this culture has set up to find financial security and 'success'. I want to have a nice job, a great home, a college fund or our kids, and all the other aspects of shrink-wrapped midde-class life just for her--but, I can't find any inner drive for it besides that (I'd be happy just livin' on my own in the woods expressing myself creatively through art and living off the land)... I feel like I'm floundering trying to find a physical freedom that matches the mental depths I have already realized. But, I'm still not having any luck. :laugh:

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: How to live free & function in society. [Re: ergot]
    #3510130 - 12/16/04 07:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I hear you man. lol. Glad I'm not alone anyways. Atleast I still have the shroomery, and some "me-time"

--------------------

InvisibleFucknuckle
Dog Lover

#3510682 - 12/16/04 09:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

During my time involved with a homeless shelter I had the pleasure of meeting several people who Society would called " Bums " but these people I am thinking about were the most peace filled people I have ever known and Full of Joy, laughter. They just needed food and some clothes. They keep clean and fed. That was it. One guy painted chalk pictures on the sidwalks for cash. There is a way. If you do what you truly love you can not fail.

Anyway happness is in the beholder......... Do what makes you happy

--------------------
What it is, is what it is my Brother.
It is as it is, so suffer thru it.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology