Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!
Many complain that Christmas has become a commercial fiasco and has lost any semblance of the "spirit" it originated from. One of the virtues of Christmas spirit is the virtue of peace bringing. After all, it's in honor of the birth of one of the greatest peace makers of all time. He taught us about compassion and that it was the way to peace.
I thought for anyone who wishes to bring back the spirit of Christmas now and throughout the year, I thought to post this article I found at another message board.
There are lots of ways to do "reality checks". This article helps us to check how much peace we are really in.
The Symptoms of Inner Peace
The Symptoms of Inner Peace are:
* The tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experiences.
* The unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
* Loss of interest in judging other people.
* Loss of interest in judging Self.
* Loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
* Loss of interest in the actions of others.
* Loss of interest in conflict.
* Loss of ability to worry (this is a very serious symptom.)
* Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
* Continued feelings of connectedness with others and nature.
* Frequent attacks of smiling.
* Increasing tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
* Increased susceptibility to the love extended by other as well as an uncontrollable urge to extend it.
Claire writes, "be on the lookout for symptoms of inner peace. The hearts of a great many have already been exposed to inner peace and it is possible that people everywhere could come down with it in epidemic proportions. This could pose a serious threat in what has been, up to now, a fairly stable condition of conflict in the world."