Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineblinky2
journeyman
should i add perlite to birth chamber
    #3507979 - 12/16/04 11:10 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

my cake already has 4 shrooms growing out of it, so i hear its to late to case. i was wondering if i should buy perlite and add that to either the bottom of the mycobag or whatever container i decide to buy for later use.

But the 4 shrooms are growing sideways from the side of the cake i want to make them grow straight.was planning on buying a plastic container then taping or painting the sides black and adding one of those lights some people have in their car that go with the beat of the music, like a blue one and putting it on the to would that work?

also how do i sterilize the chamber just wipe it down with70% alcohol (the stuff i use to swab syringes with)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: should i add perlite to birth chamber [Re: blinky2]
    #3508065 - 12/16/04 11:33 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

To case a cake one should crumble the cake , then case it , so yes if you birthed it already ...'Tis too late .

If having problems with misting or keeping humidity up in correct range , yes a bowl of perilite mixed with peroxidated water (20;1 ratio) will be of some help .

As far as keeping mushies growing straight up , keep light source coming from top of chamber , using black construction paper on walls will help , but good strong light source from directly above will remedy this too .

To keep grow chamber clean or sterilized between batches or after contam problem , fill with bleach water , let soak for awhile , dump rinse real well , dry with paper towels and whala nice clean chamber .

Hope this helps

GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlineblinky2
journeyman
Re: should i add perlite to birth chamber [Re: tripndicular]
    #3508079 - 12/16/04 11:36 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well i havnet birthed it yet its still in bag but growing shrooms

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: should i add perlite to birth chamber [Re: blinky2]
    #3508181 - 12/16/04 12:05 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I believe you should let it flush , then if you want you could apply a casing layer , but you must put it back in the dark till the myc starts to just poke thru the casing surface then begin pinning initiation sequence again .

To prevent premature fruiting in the future , keep that sucker in the dark till ready for next phase,or keep it chilled in the dark , that or get cased a tad sooner . Most folks have tendency to keep looking at it , exposing it to light too often will initiate pinning.

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinedmc_
 Arcade Champion: Madness

Loc: Portland, OR
Re: should i add perlite to birth chamber [Re: tripndicular]
    #3508242 - 12/16/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

tripndicular said:
I believe you should let it flush , then if you want you could apply a casing layer , but you must put it back in the dark till the myc starts to just poke thru the casing surface  then begin pinning initiation sequence again .

To prevent premature fruiting in the future , keep that sucker in the dark till ready for next phase,or keep it chilled in the dark , that or get cased a tad sooner . Most folks have tendency to keep looking at it , exposing it to light too often will initiate pinning.

:thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Mycobags, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation