Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
let there be light or let there be darkness..
    #3507860 - 12/16/04 10:32 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Hello,
i just gave birth 3 days ago..the ?tion i have is..i keep reading to give  :mushroom2: somelight every day for the cakes to harvest faster..is this true...cus my friend that has been growing for 3 years tells me not to..im useing the pf tec...what is the deal to use light or not im confused...it has been 3 days since the birth and im seeing small amount of pinning ..but will light help it???

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: let there be light or let there be darkness.. [Re: starptv23]
    #3507935 - 12/16/04 10:59 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The term "birthing" is normally used when one means to say ..."my cakes or bulk sub\cased is 100% colonized and ready to begin pinning " To initiate pinning we expose to light and make sure c02 levels are kept to a min of aprox 2000 parts per million (via fanning or automated air exchange), and moisture is kept at max(misting and or humidification system) .
So yes if you are initiating pinning give them a min of 8 hrs a day of light on up to the reccomended 12 hrs a day of light .
The reason for light is mainly so mushies know it is time to grow mushies and which way to grow .... UP .

If still in colonization stage keep in the dark .
Fill in the blanks guys is I missed a point .

Does this make sense and help , I hope so
Good Luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinestarptv23
kindchicka420
 User Gallery

Loc: dancing in my head
Re: let there be light or let there be darkness.. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3507967 - 12/16/04 11:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

yes this makes sense..i just dont understand why then my friend says no to light...when he has been growing for years...but i will do the light i think it does make more sense to have some light...thank you tripndicular...

--------------------
"Six words: drop out, turn on, then come back and tune it in -and then drop out again, and turn on, and tune it back in-it's a rhythm- most of us think God made this universe in nature-subject object-predicate sentences-turn on, tune in, drop out- period, end of paragraph. Turn the page- it's all a rhythm- it's all a beat. You turn on, you find it inside, and then you have to come back (since you can't stay high all the time) and you have to build a better model. But don't get caught - don't get hooked - don't get attracted by the thing you're building, cause... you gotta drop out again. It's a cycle. Turn on, tune in, drop out. Keep it going, keep it going- the nervous system works that way. gotta keep it flowing- keep it flowing.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: let there be light or let there be darkness.. [Re: starptv23]
    #3508045 - 12/16/04 11:26 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

He is probablly listening to old wives tale that mushies grow in the dark  :wink:
They do need their rest period in the dark , that is why most say 12 on 12 off , I believe 8-10 is plenty and saves on electric bills  :thumbup:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinesevenseven
Stranger
Re: let there be light or let there be darkness.. [Re: tripndicular]
    #3622679 - 01/13/05 11:02 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I am using a 25 aquarium bulb (blue) for my grow...will that be suffcient light or should i get more watts?

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: let there be light or let there be darkness.. [Re: sevenseven]
    #3622691 - 01/13/05 11:06 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

That should suffice, But if you really want to get techinical, You can get a REAL blue light from a fishing store, It produces like a bunch of nano somethings, (blue spectrum) and gives it that extra TLC.

But i just looked over what you said,lol, That sounds Perfect :laugh:

Might want a lower wattage, but that's just me, I think that it will do great :laugh:

Invisiblemetasin
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: let there be light or let there be darkness.. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3622732 - 01/13/05 11:24 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

IGnosticAbhorI said:
That should suffice, But if you really want to get techinical, You can get a REAL blue light from a fishing store, It produces like a bunch of nano somethings, (blue spectrum) and gives it that extra TLC.

But i just looked over what you said,lol, That sounds Perfect :laugh:

Might want a lower wattage, but that's just me, I think that it will do great :laugh:

Theyre called actinic bulbs.  The wavelength of the light spikes at 420nm (nanometers) which is what spectrum of the light that supposedly reaches corals at a certain depth in the sea.  I never really thought about using one for some mushies, my fruiting chamber is about 10ft away from my reef tank which I leave an actinic bulb on most of the night, I still think the growth spurts that I see happen in complete darkness tho.  Now I'm kinda thinking about getting a low wattage powercompact off a nanocube or something and seeing what happens on a separate fruiting chamber.  Good idea.

Offlinesevenseven
Stranger
Re: let there be light or let there be darkness.. [Re: metasin]
    #3623230 - 01/13/05 02:26 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I have a 15 watts bulb too ill try and post a picture of what i have going on

Offlinesevenseven
Stranger
    #3623301 - 01/13/05 02:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Offlinesevenseven
Stranger
    #3623310 - 01/13/05 02:43 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

http://image28.webshots.com/29/7/41/85/250474185rLmkXm_ph.jpg

http://image32.webshots.com/33/7/48/18/250474818sMijtV_ph.jpg

http://image32.webshots.com/33/7/57/65/250475765IjRUkr_ph.jpg [image]http://image32.webshots.com/33/7/57/65/250475765IjRUkr_ph.jpg [/image]

copy and paste the links into the address bar.

Edited by sevenseven (01/13/05 02:48 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation