Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGlobalSmoke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Potency Dissapointment
    #3507146 - 12/16/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

This is my first post here, but i have been viewing for a while. Any how, lets get down to business. This was my first grow, popcorn was my substrate, and my casing was 50/50 coca coir vermiculite. the strains were B+ and Mazatapec. 3 cakes yielded 358 wet grams the first flush. and for some reason they weren't as potent as i expected them to be. i ate 36 grams of them wet, and also another time over 50 grams wet and still wasn't really overwhelmed by them, where as i have had other trips and been totally blown away. any ideas why they may be weak?

these are the mazatapec

these are the B+

and these are more mazatapecs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: Potency Dissapointment [Re: GlobalSmoke]
    #3507162 - 12/16/04 12:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

There might be a relation with the popcorn.

Some agricultural student here tells me that popcorn lacks certain vitamins so the mushroom cant get as potent.
Alos I often notice that people complaining potency grow in popcorn.
Just an indication

BTW: some times the magic friends just do not show up!

--------------------

OfflineGlobalSmoke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Potency Dissapointment [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3507169 - 12/16/04 12:16 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thank you for your input. what do you recomend i use as a substrate. i was just reading a thread talking about using millet, how do i go about using that. would i boil it first than pressure cook it? im open to new ideas

Offlineliveby
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

#3507178 - 12/16/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

WBS! ;-)

--------------------

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3507191 - 12/16/04 12:27 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GlobalSmoke said:
thank you for your input. what do you recomend i use as a substrate. i was just reading a thread talking about using millet, how do i go about using that. would i boil it first than pressure cook it? im open to new ideas

The shroomery has many TEK's on grains. One of the most common, being Wild Bird Seed (WBS) which has a lot of millet in it.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: Potency Dissapointment [Re: GlobalSmoke] * 1
    #3507196 - 12/16/04 12:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Interesting to see, if you use same spores/strain, on different substrate if potency is better then.

I suggest RYE or WIld bird seed (which also has millet in it). 100% millet is rather expensive, at least here.

--------------------

OfflineGlobalSmoke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Potency Dissapointment [Re: dmc_]
    #3507202 - 12/16/04 12:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

when i was making jars two months ago with my buddy he bought just pure millet, but we never ended up using it. we boiled the millet so it made it softer, and we figured that it was to dense for the mycelium to grow threw it so we never used it. should i use pure millet, or should it be a mix of wbs?

Offlinedmc_

Loc: Portland, OR
    #3507248 - 12/16/04 12:45 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Depends on your income. If you are a rich white man, buy lots of millet.

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3507254 - 12/16/04 12:47 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

wbs is a very good alternative and commonly used. I dont hear/read much bout 100% millet as a substrate.. But that does not prove a thing. I find it way too expensive it is almost twice the price of rye. And 4 times the price of wbs.

Wbs is a mix of grains with different kinds of nutes, you will be fine with it! :thumbup: There are nice teks bout WBS here, Doc34 And Sixtango have nice ones.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Potency Dissapointment [Re: dmc_]
    #3508436 - 12/16/04 11:21 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

dmc_ said:
Depends on your income. If you are a rich white man, buy lots of millet.

That is odd , I find all types of millet for aprox 69 cents a pound .
For 10 bucks I get a 9 lb bag of milo , 9 lbs of different types of millet(Japanese , German , White and Red proso) and 6 lbs of graots , all mixed up this makes months worth of half pint jars(depending on production) , shit I have problems with weavols eating the shit before I get to use it all . That is what a little over 24lbs of grain averages to what aprox 2.4 cents a lb :thumbup: , and mushies love the stuff . But I am lucky and have a feed and grain supply house nearby  :wink:

Damn I must be a rich man and did not know it  :wink:

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineGlobalSmoke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Potency Dissapointment [Re: tripndicular]
    #3508487 - 12/16/04 11:34 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for every ones help, ill let you know how it goes, oh yeah one more question. can some one provide me with a link to a teck on how to inoculate jars with mushrooms flesh. im not sure where on the mushroom the flesh needs to be cut from. please help me

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#3508554 - 12/16/04 11:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

In the eko-store millet here is like 1,50? for half a kilo / a pund.

Ofcourse non-eko millet will be cheaper but I dont want poison and all that in my substrate.

Hmz wonder how eko my WBS is... :frown:

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular

#3508576 - 12/16/04 12:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GlobalSmoke said:
thanks for every ones help, ill let you know how it goes, oh yeah one more question. can some one provide me with a link to a teck on how to inoculate jars with mushrooms flesh. im not sure where on the mushroom the flesh needs to be cut from. please help me

Are you reffering to cloning , liquid slurry mixture ?
I am not so sure how well it would work just dumping a piece of flesh in a jar, agar did a very informative post on these types of inoc , I'll try to find it and give you the link .

Cloning involves the use of agar .
The flesh is taken from the inside of a stem , requires being very clean .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular

#3508593 - 12/16/04 12:11 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Heres that post , it may help you understand the basics of differnt types of inocing .

Spores, G2G, Liquid Culture, Cloning & Colonization Time.

Shit I am bad at making links to shit , well look for this post and read it .
Sorry for failing you with a clickable link .

--------------------

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #3508938 - 12/16/04 01:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

GlobalSmoke said:
i ate 36 grams of them wet, and also another time over 50 grams wet and still wasn't really overwhelmed by them, where as i have had other trips and been totally blown away. any ideas why they may be weak?

Did you take any other drugs within a week of taking the mushrooms? I learned that taking 2C-E gives a cross-tolerance with mushrooms after I ate 40 grams wet, and over 6 grams dry with minimal effects! (The mushrooms turned out to be fine)

OfflineGlobalSmoke
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3511870 - 12/17/04 12:04 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yes i did consume other drugs that week, but, my friends that also consumed 36 grams aswell (that was the dose) had the same effect and conclusion, and they didnt consume lsd or mushrooms the prior week. they just werent that potent is what it comes down to

OfflineIceCube
Stranger
    #3512572 - 12/17/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I just had a batch of mazatapec on BRF and Verm, cased with coca coir/verm 50/50 come out sadly not very potent. I also had some burma done the exact same way that just made me retarded. It kind of turned me off using mazatapec.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract