Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesre2f
Stranger
Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature.
    #3506100 - 12/15/04 08:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I was wondering if it is possible for mushrooms to survive extended periods of time below 40 degree (farenheit).

I would assume they would just stop growing and perserver theirselves...but this is just an assumption based on nothing....

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature. [Re: sre2f]
    #3506162 - 12/15/04 08:27 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

See my post edited from a few minutes ago. These shrooms survived about 7 hours freezing. After a couple days the freezing will kill them. Luckily in Louisiana we don't typically get freezes for that long, and they are followed by a bit of warmth and rain, which prompts many shrooms.

InvisibleBitterPill
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature. [Re: sre2f]
    #3506194 - 12/15/04 08:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

As far as I know, no Psilocybes will survive through a couple weeks of nights below 32 degrees fahrenheit.

-BP

Offlinegreenpastures
Stranger

Re: Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature. [Re: BitterPill]
    #3507031 - 12/15/04 11:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

so in theory, copes will continue to flourish and grow (rain permitting) even when the temp variates between the 40s and 70s?

--------------------
Do as i say. Do as i do.
Good. Now instead of eating a mushroom that is not yours. Eat the ones in the super market. Thanks. -droz
"German's love white rice."-droz

Offlinesyanesso
100% pupil

Loc: Evergreen State
Re: Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature. [Re: BitterPill]
    #3507339 - 12/16/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

BitterPill said:
As far as I know, no Psilocybes will survive through a couple weeks of nights below 32 degrees fahrenheit.

-BP

ive never heard or seen any that lasted weeks in freezing or below freezing temperatures, but it really depends on their surroundings, like if they are being insullated by grass or bushes, that might protect them from frost and what not

--------------------
make sure it bruises blue

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature. [Re: greenpastures]
    #3507753 - 12/16/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Copes will not grow in 40 degree temperatures. more like 70-80 degrees. IF you do find some in colder temperatures itr is because they already appeared when it was warmer. Some species like Psilocybe cyanecens can appear and stay for a few weeks before deteriorating under scertain weather conditions.

I once had a badg in my wifes truck of her car from December until March. WE found it qalmost froze in the truck and it had been there for several months. The shrooms were potent.

Cyan pinners can sty small for a week or so and then become large with weather changes. Sometimes the rain will bring them on or the morning dew. ANd then they really srout up larger. But small shrooms usually stay small and the larger small ones will become bigger ones.

mj.
One thing I noticed with cube pickers is they never n leave the penis shaped unopend caps in the manure to grow when they find them. They just take all of the ones that are int he shit.

Here in the PNW, many of us let them grow to get buigger, however, we have ashroom raiderrs.

mj

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature. [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3507785 - 12/16/04 07:49 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

mj said:
"One thing I noticed with cube pickers is they never n leave the penis shaped unopend caps in the manure to grow when they find them. They just take all of the ones that are int he shit."

I pick a lot of unopened ones because I like to eat those. I leave LOTS of opened ones and LOTS of unopened ones to ensure my fields are constantly getting new spores. I am very particular about the shrooms I pick. With some exceptions, I only pick ones that I will consume. I do not like larger shrooms, and I always leave those if they have opened, unless I want to get some prints. I hate when people go into a field and just pick everything in sight. They have no view for the future.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Any magic mushrooms that can withstand freezing temperature. [Re: Supernova]
    #3508873 - 12/16/04 01:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Once the cubes have opened up, viable spores have already been dispersed into the air and surroundings of the manure heap where the cube is growing from. Usually by the time anyone finds them, they have sporulated into the region.
OF course, one can make prints at home after picking them, but enough have fallen to insure a new growth 6-8 weeks later.

Again that would also depend on the proper weather conditions.

Luiberty caps and P. stuntzii (blue ringers) can be lifted from the grass. Lawn mowers already are good at spreading spores into the grass when they mow.

This is good for Baeocystis and for P. fimetaria and P. sierrae, also grass loving psilos.

Cubes and copes do well . IT is really not necessary to flick caps because the spores are already spread when found.

mj

I even pick the smaller ones on Samui and in Asia because the farmers come along later int he morning and pick what they find for the restaurants on Koh Phanghan for the meals for full moon festival.

mj

Still again a nice haul.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate