Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Great little writing by Ken Kesey
    #3506007 - 12/15/04 08:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I read this little piece by Ken Kesey, and figured i'd share it with you guys, some of you have probably already read it. Enjoy!

"Grandpa, can I go and dance with them?"
--For you, what is acid about?

Kesey- There has been a lot of ways to be enlightened through history. Fasting, Prayer, continual of prayer, laying on nails, grief opens you up to another world, but LSD means that you don't have to do 20 years of study, you can take a tiny little dot of something and it changes your whole way of looking at the world. Scares you, often it will deludes you, but when you come back from it, you know what you saw is real, it wasn't that you were making it up, it was there. When we went to England, it was done as a joke, but we were all serious about our jokes. Everywhere we went in England, we were assisted by spirits and that takes a little bit of shifting of consciousness and acid helps you do that. It shifts your consciousness and you look at the world a little bit differently and the way things fell into place there, you can't help to think that this wasn't just our door, there were a lot of spirits, beings and forces involved in this and for that I'm grateful. When we were in England, the best thing happened was in Scotland. We'd done a lot of shows and we were tired... and drove down this one lane road and here was this old mansion that was built in 1700's, a obviously very regal Scottish mansion. They fed us and a bunch of nice people there. That night my grandson and I went outside to take a leak and heard something coming from the woods and we saw these lanterns. We followed the lanterns and found a great big stone building and inside the building there was a wooden building. There were these people dancing inside, playing the violin, the drums, the accordion. Playing the Scottish reels and dancing and swinging each other, sweating... and the way these people moved and danced was marvelous! It was one of the most wonderful things I've ever seen. So I went back and got Fay and we sat there and watched for awhile. Then my grandson said "Grandpa, can I go and dance with them?" And I said, "sure!" and I was amazed because I would never ask that if I was seven years old, I would have been scared to death. But they just took him right in and teaching him how to dance... and it was wonderful! Then after a while I went outside and played my flute with my old friend, my grandson comes running out and said "Grandpa, Grandpa! Come inside, you won't believe this, grandma Fay is dancing!" and I went back in and saw Faye sweat on her face and swinging around and I thought, "Now that's psychedelic!" That's the thing that invites you. It invites you and raises your consciousness so much that it doesn't take a drug. And what I thought, the best thing we saw in England wasn't Stonehedge or that theater, but it was that building where these people were observing the ancient right and dancing old dances swinging around. Kids 3 years old and 80 years old dancing around and you look at that and that has been going on for thousands years. We're just getting around to accept it and be part of it. And we need all these things from all these places, and that's why we travel.
:gd_icon:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3506517 - 12/15/04 09:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Great little writing by Ken Kesey [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3506766 - 12/15/04 10:37 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah I wish I could've met him, shine on  :sun:!

--------------------

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3506982 - 12/15/04 11:28 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

OfflinePhr33k
Liberater

Loc: Eastern US
Re: Great little writing by Ken Kesey [Re: dr_gonz]
    #3508498 - 12/16/04 11:37 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

A few years ago, I accidentally ran into Ken Kesey in a Barnes & Noble in Philly and didn't realize it. We made eye contact and smiled, sharing that brief "you've done acid, and so have I" moment. It wasn't until we got into the parking lot that my older sister's friend informed me exactly who that was. I nearly shit my pants.

--------------------
>>I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

InvisibleDark_Star
Male User Gallery

Re: Great little writing by Ken Kesey [Re: Phr33k]
    #3509437 - 12/16/04 03:40 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Holy Shit! That is fucking awesome man, he's in the top 5 of people I wish I could've met. 5 shrooms for that! Shine on  :sun:

--------------------

Offlinekindkesey
take it further
 User Gallery

Loc: on the bus!!!
Re: Great little writing by Ken Kesey [Re: Dark_Star]
    #3509562 - 12/16/04 04:04 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

by far....... the best post i've seen all month!

:smile:

--------------------
Stay Kool, and enjoy the bus ride.....

"Intrepid Search For Innerspace"

DAVID JONES where are you?

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Great little writing by Ken Kesey [Re: kindkesey]
    #3510051 - 12/16/04 05:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

:grin: i love the letters that he wrote when he was on the run in Mexico... the paranoia, tropical heat, too-much ganga, on the run, etc - atmosphere really comes through beautifully.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder