Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineegghead
veteran
Loc: Milky Way
Can hegz
    #350577 - 06/28/01 08:18 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Mods should be more concerned about shroomery and its users than their own reputation. I suggest stepping hegz down from being a mod.

In a society that builds machines which act like men and creates ment who act like machines, it is possible that you, too, may come to love big brother.

--------------------
Where there's skill, there's a better way..

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Canada
Re: Can hegz [Re: egghead]
    #350808 - 06/28/01 02:58 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I've noticed the attacks on HeGz, why can't you guys let up on him? I mean if you don't believe the guy thats your right, but trying to make more out of it is not cool.

He's done nothing wrong as a moderator, he had every right to move that thread posted by drunkmaster.

Move on, forget about the past, lots of people have traded with him and think highly of him. You can't let go of this 'incident', its pointless. You've all made your points, so why keep forcing this issue!

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
Re: Can hegz [Re: Thor]
    #350951 - 06/28/01 08:19 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

You are accumulation tansions, Thor. That is not good way to go.

Offlineegghead
veteran
    #351104 - 06/28/01 11:50 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thor.. He has repeatedly closed/moved thread for personal reasons. In trades, he has consistently berated user's prints as 'useless' in trades. This is in addition to the past misgivings/odd-coincidences.

I don't know why you consider my concern an attack on hegz. I have nothing against hegz, just the way he conducts himself. He has consistently put his own interests over those of the community and that's why I suggest you step him down from mod. What is so important about him being mod. He can still do contests and whatever else he wants as a regular user. He just won't be able to stifle others' conversations anymore.

I keep making points, but am getting no answers; just being told to move on, put it behind me, etc, etc.. I'll move on when I feel it's right thing to do. Why is it so important for you to put this behind you. Do you really feel like hegz is the right person for the job?

I would appreciate you actually checking into it instead of just poo-pooing me. It appears as though you're just covering your own when you characterize a concerned patron as a troublemaker. If you don't want to do anything about it, that's really your business. But please don't label me the bad guy without even checking out what I'm saying.

In a society that builds machines which act like men and creates men who act like machines, it is possible that you, too, may come to love big brother.

--------------------

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Canada
    #351198 - 06/29/01 03:42 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

What closing or moving of threads did he do for personal reasons, I wasn't aware of this.

If you have specific examples please let me know, its very hard for me to keep up with all these problems.

I'm not telling you to keep quiet, I just think you are making a big deal out of something that isn't a big deal.

Only a few people have complained about HeGz, and that is against something that happened before he became a mod. What I am saying is that a lot of people don't have anything against the guy. If I demote mods if a couple of people bitch then I think everyone would be out of a job.

I'm not labeling you as a bad guy, I'm asking you to put this behind you, you've made your points and I don't see anything that warrants an action against HeGz...

My support is for the mods as a whole, I know how difficult it can sometimes be and I want everyone to get a fair chance. Just because a couple of people are upset doesn't warrant a demotion.

Again show me specific examples, if you want to make a case against HeGz then please do, if not let it go.. I don't like to see people wasting their energy on this negetive bickering, why can't you just let it go?

Offlineegghead
veteran
    #351234 - 06/29/01 07:36 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Well, there was one thread "are these prints useless" that hegz locked, but ralph opened it back up. Another was the 'blacklist poll'. Then yesterday, another titled 'hegz' where dirtmaster talked about his experience trading w/ hegz. The thread was immediately burried in OTD by hegz. These are just examples, I know there are actually more instances than these.

On the abusive trading practices and labeling others' prints 'useless', I'd rather not name names as hegz has already assulted their character enough. Perhaps you could take a poll and/or solicit feedback from the folks that want to discuss it. I'm not sure what his angle is on this, but I find it very disturbing to have people ask me if I thought their prints were OK because hegz said they were 'useless'. Very disturbing. We're here to teach and learn, not to be abused.

So please understand that I'm not just hashing up the past. I wouldn't be bringing it up if he was just an awnry user, but he's not. But that can be changed w/ a few mouse clicks from the right person.

I know you're in a tough position. Good luck man.

In a society that builds machines which act like men and creates men who act like machines, it is possible that you, too, may come to love big brother.

--------------------

Offline*HeGz*
old hand
    #351316 - 06/29/01 11:30 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Egghead,

Man, you are an uptight person. My god! I closed ONE thread that Ralphster and I agreed should be closed and moved another thread that did not belong in the Spore Exchange forum. Again, please tell us all if you received the free print I sent you. I am such a scammer that you can accept print from me? Please let the world know what a hypocrite you are, in bold letters. Take my Mod powers away, my god! I might as well go slash my wrists after that. You are a little child that cannot be a man and drop this. I did nothing wrong obviously because YOU GOT THE PRINT I SENT YOU! So keep crying you little baby. Beg to Thor and maybe he will take my illustrious Moderator powers away. Big deal! I will still be here, not going anywhere, remeber that!

Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide

**Check out the FSR you may find something you like**

PEACE

HeGz

Offlineegghead
veteran
Re: Can hegz [Re: *HeGz*]
    #351362 - 06/29/01 12:25 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

This isn't about you hegz. It's about shroomery. Sorry man, nothing personal.

--------------------

InvisibleBillyblastoff
Psychoactivepredator
 User Gallery

Loc: Down these mean city stre...
    #351818 - 06/30/01 03:59 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Thor, dont you think there could be some conflict of interest for a person who trades as much as Hegz does and holds a moderator position? Hegz can be a moderator when he learns how to accept criticism. Hegz doesnt have the level of maturity for the job and he is baited too easily. Your best moderators are the ones you hardly hear of. Its your website do what you like but I think the shroomery is important and is bigger than "Thor", "Egghead", "Hegz" and "Billyblastoff" and when there can be a question concerning someones motivations I think you owe it to the shroomery and all of us who come here to remove someone as controversial as Hegz. Let Hegz do what he does best: "trade spores". I also have to tell you that I have nothing personal against Hegz. I may not agree with everything he does here but thats OK I dont agree with what alotta people here have to say but I dont interfere with them saying it. I basically try and leave Hegz to do his own thing but I had to tell you that Egghead isnt the only one who is uncomfortable with Hegz moderating our posts and Ralphster telling him "close this thread down at your will".

Tell me something good then I might agree with you..

--------------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

"There is a wealth of information built into us, tucked away in the genetic material in every one of our cells. The psychedelic drugs allow exploration of this interior world, and insights into its nature."

Tell me something good then I might agree with you....the Smithereens

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Website Announcements and Feature Feedback