Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekingkong
Stranger
Filter Disks?? What grade is needed??
    #349633 - 06/26/01 10:08 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

We have access to Whatman filter paper, what grade do we need to use?
or Filtration down to how many micro-meters

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleNuShroomPharmerII
old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: kingkong]
    #349742 - 06/27/01 01:17 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineThworp
journeyman
Re: Filter Disks?? What grade is needed?? [Re: kingkong]
    #350303 - 06/27/01 06:38 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

if you want to filter out bacteria and viruses you need a filter that can do so. A filter such as Micron Magik is pushing is simply the common HEPA air filter which is used as an industry standard. HEPA filters are good to filter out 99.97% at 0.3 microns in size. Sounds good right? Wrong. Look into bacteria sixe and you'll find the the bulk of bacteria falls somewhere in the range of 0.2 micron and 0.1 microns. Thus HEPA filters can NOT stop contamintation. At 0.1 microns particles will actually float in the air until they bond with something else that will give them enough weight to fall. If you want something that filters out bacteria you need a filter that can filter out particles that are 0.1 microns in size which are only produced by Health Mor an HMI Industries Inc. Company. Check them out don't just beleive me at http://www.filterqueen.com/home.html

old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: Thworp]
    #350322 - 06/27/01 07:09 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

OfflineThworp
journeyman
Re: Filter Disks?? What grade is needed?? [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #350328 - 06/27/01 07:30 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

You know the thought of selling them has crossed my mind, but only because you are selling your own filters, which can be found in most retail stores, and plugging your own website. I have no such website selling filters and do not intend to make one. The filters that I have are the filters that I have and I have them because I am currently giving this job a shot. There would be no way that I could get 10,000 filters to sell nor would I want to. I am just offering a counter to your posts because I feel that you are misleading people to try to boost your own sales. Last year I grew 2 dozen PF style cakes and didn't lose any to contams and didn't use any kind of filter whatsoever. BTW what did you mean by "Many people have a copy of TMC (pg 237) and will see right threw your hard sell." What and where might I read what you are refering to?

Jesus people SMILE!

old hand

Post deleted by users_request [Re: Thworp]
    #350416 - 06/27/01 09:41 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Invisiblejanuary77
Re: Filter Disks?? What grade is needed?? [Re: NuShroomPharmerII]
    #350473 - 06/27/01 11:43 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Please, lets all be friends. If another person challenges you, he does so to strengthen you, even if his intentions were malicious. Search, even if it takes a while, for the good in all things, there you will find what all men have been looking for and it's free and it always has been.
Your response was informative but a little heated!!
love one another...that is what the great god of mushrooms has taught me, to find the good in all and to love all...because we are only here for a short time, lets make it as enjoyable as possible.

~inamorata

...and i awoke to find they had installed lights on the walls across the room, no...i'm lying on the floor, wow those babies were good!!!

--------------------
America is not innocent

Invisiblepsilocybe cubensis
Blood, guts, andbroken teeth.

Loc: Lost Angels
Re: Filter Disks?? What grade is needed?? *DELETED* [Re: january77]
    #350485 - 06/28/01 12:21 AM (22 years, 9 months ago)

Post deleted by psilocybe cubensis

InvisibleShaw

who else sells filter discs? [Re: psilocybe cubensis]
    #350804 - 06/28/01 12:50 PM (22 years, 9 months ago)

I know about micron magic. A had heard that Fungi Perfecti sold them, but I couldn't find them on their site. I saw that they have the filter patch bags though. Is there anyone else that sells this type of product? I don't know what polly fill is, and won't bother you by asking a stupid question. Has anyone seen the rubber latex sheeting on FP. Expensive, but the self sealing from syringe innoculation part seems pretty cool.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale