Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Mental Intensity
    #3503014 - 12/15/04 10:20 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Work with me on this one please. I've been on an on and off sabatical as of late doing some soul searching. I realised today, it's bevause of how mentally intense I can get. I was feeling a need to want to just sink into myself and feel what was going on.

I started googling stuff on mental intensity and found something interesting by Alice Bailey. I've read her quoted here by some, first time I read any of her stuff. The piece discussed how mentally intense people need to let their their minds sink into the heart place. Ahahahahaha Bingo. Confirmation of what I felt I was dealing with.

I have been wondering why I get so mentally intense. About a year ago, I realised, I was needing to be in better balance with my emotional body. A work in progress.

Just this morning, I was wondering why I shy from letting whats going on in my mind just sink into my feeling center. Oh Shit, it scared me. LOL I got a vision of my emotional body exploding under the pressure. LOL Not that it would. I actually felt a better calm in my mind and general being when I let it sink. I can't seem to stay there for long though.

I have read that are emotional body can process "light energy/thought" much more quickly and more effciently then our mind can.

I have a resistance to that though. My mental intensity is like a drug I am addicted too. What will I do with a bajillion thoughts running through my head to think about?

if I drop it all, will my emotional body become more highly powered?
This has an upside, maybe I will become better motivated to move and act on ideals and thoughts. I could use more of this.

Then I also started thinkng about the possibility of swinging to the other extreme and may become emotionally intense. Emotionally intense people TERRIFY me, they always have. I do not like to be around that sort of intensity.

I think I can speed up my wish to balance out the mental and emotional body better if I can understand why emotional intensity in others freaks me out. Maybe I am thinking of people in my life as examples who are to emotionally intense for me to handle and maybe its beause they are not balanced out with the mental body and they are scarey because they are the types who are explosive.

Metal intensives make quick and rash decisions, opinions and judgements that stay in the thought center, but emotional intensives act out feelings quickly and rashly . I mean, rash words are easier to handle then rash actions.

Then there is the other kind that is just high wattage love and are verbally quiet, mostly just smile. They creep me out too.

Maybe that's why some feel more at ease on the internet, they never have to deal with someone throwing physical punches at them or the highwattage emotional yet quiet types-they have nothing to say. It's all mental and verbal on the internet.

Maybe the highwattage love quiet types are the ideal. Why do they freak me out?

Really, the downside of being imbalanced either way is that both mental and emotional intensives have diarhea of the mouth.

The mental types can't drop thoughts down into the emotional center for emotional rationalising so the energy gets released out of the mouth on the way down.

Emotional types can't bring their feelings up for mental rationalising so the energy gets released out of the mouth on the way up.

It's funny when I look at it now. I am going to be dedicating my time to dropping and balancing out better.

I wanted to bring this subject into the light for others to relate to and look at and hear comments on the subject and any personal experiences one may have with having worked at achieving greater balance between the mental and emotional bodies if you were once a mental intensive type.

I have times where I am but they don't last for long. Was also wondering what you all think about this being related to being emotionally vulnerable and how to better enable oneself with being emotionally vulnerable. I suppose thats where mental rationalising comes in.

Okay, off to get some pepto bismol for my mouth. I am beggining to understand where the expression mental and emotional constipation comes from.  :tongue:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
Re: Mental Intensity [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3503040 - 12/15/04 10:35 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

An idle mind is the Devil's Playground.

Not really, but if you are into mental intensity, it might justify that position.

I know what you mean, my mind is a mile a minute and needs to be slowed down. It's not unusual but it is a relative thing.

For example, as a musician and someone into music for many years, and having focused on songs and lyrics and even entire orchestral pieces from the concert band days, when I get a song stuck in my head, I mean it can get REALLY stuck. And go on, and on, and on until the next song comes in to replace it.

Meditation helps me, but mental activity as we all know can be a very hard thing to quiet.

Your description of sinking into the heart made some sense, or what has previously been described as active stillness or pure awareness or words to that effect.

I think this is where Skorp or Ped usually post something of relevance.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Mental Intensity [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #3503115 - 12/15/04 11:06 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

Ahahaha... I'm sure one or the other will be around shortly... :wink:

Jig: I think you know your own answer.. you seem to be eluding to it. I think the answer is: balance.

When intensity at one extreme bothers you, and intensity at the OTHER extreme bothers you, where does this leave you to exist? In the middle.

Allow mental intensity and emotional intensity to cancel eachother out.

I have experienced each of these extremes at varying times in my life... and I think everyone does. Some just tend to be more often in one than the other.

The only thing I have learned from both my mentally intense moments and my emotionally intense moments is to allow both of these intensities to co-exist, but not to dwell WITHIN them.

They will exist whether you resist them or not--but RESISTANCE does not help. Resistance adds stress and turmoil. Acceptance and allowance of each of these extremes to exist, but to pull your perspective to a point where it is not skewed by either--this seems to be the way.

This allows me to act from a perspective that is not skewed by either of these intensities.

That's all I've got, based on my own relation to the terms you've provided. :smile:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Mental Intensity [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3503299 - 12/15/04 11:43 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

emotions are thoughts with body expressions.

picture a child and squeeze out adrenaline (protection mode - alarm)
or picture a child and squeeze out endorphin (mood for hugging)

squeezing the chemical mood modifiers is the same as walking in a direction or as putting down a box, these are sequenceable routines we can learn.

emotions are thoughts?
do we notice that busy thinking and busy emotions are co-incident?

this busy stuff is sometimes called brain lock-up and it shows as Hot or high circulation load on scans usually among the basal ganglia.

There is some distinction being made in neurology between caudate nucleus and thalamus and ocular nuclei etc. the distinction shows what type of experiences are being handled, emotional, sensory, abstract thought type.

These ganglial regions are involved in the crosslink & recall and in storage of new memory for the various experience categories. Often if one is busy so are the others.

So - emotions are thoughts: expressing them is like expressing a muscle or a gland or both. recording them is like recording other memories, learning them is also like learning other memories.

the moods that ensue are a bit like anchors to help focussing the processing of some trigger: like the meditator in lotus uses posture to help anchor his mind to the subject of meditation, in the same way an emotional expression helps keep the trigger active.

anyway, as with all things in the mind, attraction and avoidance amount to the same thing. there are medications to take down the heat a bit, ssri's do serve that in ocd sometimes. cognitive therapy also works and is traceable in brain scans of these regions.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
Re: Mental Intensity [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #3503330 - 12/15/04 11:49 AM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

JacquesCousteau said:
Quote:

LunarEclipse said:

Ahahaha... I'm sure one or the other will be around shortly... :wink:

Don't forget Deffman as well, G.

:wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: Mental Intensity [Re: SkorpivoMusterion]
    #3503366 - 12/15/04 12:04 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"I have a resistance to that though. My mental intensity is like a drug I am addicted too. What will I do with a bajillion thoughts running through my head to think about?"

prioritize them by importance and set the other ones aside, tell yourself your not going to forget about them just think about them later and mentally move them aside in your mind. picture them being put in a box so which you can open later. deal with the thoughts that are most important to the experience at hand. i know easier said than done, but nothing is gained without hard work.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3503528 - 12/15/04 12:37 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I much enjoyed and appreciated the thoughtful contributions to this topic matter. :smile:

And yes Red, I agree emotions are thoughts in another wave form of consciousness more akin to sound waves and thought akin to light waves. Glad you threw that in.

I was thinking about my mom being a classic emotional intensive and always crying, "Stop the world I want to get off!" Maybe she is why I went to the other extreme to compensate. Maybe her emotional imbalance is what subconsciously scared me. LOL

Any time I slip it's when I'm on auto pilot and the subconscious is running. To become cognitive of running off the rail is all it takes to slow down the ride and get it back on the tracks.

The words, balance, stillness, void and peace often get thrown around like a cheap suit. This was a way to bring out examples of what not being in those states to varying degrees can result in that we can relate too.

All to often, when people hear balance related to general well being or spirituality, they think of balancing out the positive and negative polarity extremes.

To be in that place where polarities match and cancel each other out is the feeling of ahhhhhhhhhhh peace in the void of the nothing everything in harmonic balance, there is no buzz like it.

There is another balancing act going on and that is between the rational mental and rational emotional bodies as well. That's the one I don't think gets enough attention in discussion of balance. It is the yin and yang of mental being the masculine polarity and emotion being the feminine polarity.

red, you drew attention to something else important. When one is out of balance and thinks they are being all mental/intellectual, repressed emotions are triggering thoughts. When one thinks they are being all emotional, repressed thoughts are triggering the feelings.

Rationalization can not be the true expression of the thought or emotion when the two bodies are not in communication, making matches that temper down and cancel each other out. Without that one or the other gets expressed in extremes or withdrawls.

The balancing acts the performers in life's circus practice while walking the tight rope of the middle path. :smile:

I had another analogy related to the two together about a year ago. Say you are like a car driving down the road of life. If you start going too fast and make a quick left or right jerk on the wheel (making a rash thought to turn to quickly polarity judgments) the car is prone to start fish tailing and spin out of control unless you take your foot off the gas, slow it down and bring the steering wheel back to the center.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3503679 - 12/15/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"Then there is the other kind that is just high wattage love and are verbally quiet, mostly just smile. They creep me out too."

Dont worry, I creep me out too. I wish I could become more irrationally emotional, sometimes. Although I realize compassion is the glue that binds us, its irrational emotions that primitively unites us (the whole alpha male socio-hierarchy thing). When all is right and nothing is wrong, and its virtually impossible to judge anything for some god damn reason - its hard to start conversation. Its like I have a brain block for this stuff, it sort of sucks; but at the same time I truly dont care.

BTW, dont you have an RX-8?

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

Edited by psyka (12/15/04 01:12 PM)

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3503680 - 12/15/04 01:10 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

bling bling indeed skorp :cool:

You will not be able to 'triumph' over an overactive mind by analyzing that situation further.

Take a deep breathe. Relax. Let go. (the usual medication is always meditation :wink:)

Seriously though, at one time my mind was always cluttered, and I was thinking too much to even notice the mess. A clear mind is so much more efficient, not to mention, peaceful :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#3503802 - 12/15/04 01:38 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

jiggy, I actually know exactly what you're talking about. I'm a "mental intensive" as well. I'm afraid to allow my thoughts to settle down into emotion, mostly because the emotion that would result is so painful I would nearly drown in it. It's so much "easier" to rationalize your problems that allow them to crystalize as feelings. I'm pretty sure mental intensity is primarily a male trait while emotional intensity is primarliy (obviously :wink:) a female trait.

Finding the balance between thought and emotion is hard at first, especially if you're nearly 100% towards one or the other. Mental intensives find the emotion often too wild a ride and don't want to accept the pain that comes with emotion. Emotional intensives are addicted to the drama and the wild ride of emotions, so a more stable mental-oriented path seems too cold or boring to them.

For me, I've just been trying to open the "release valve" slowly and occasionally to clear out the emotional build-up, because this in turns clears out some of the thoughts that float around my head all day and won't settle down.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

balancing extremes [Re: ]
    #3503878 - 12/15/04 01:54 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I must add that when balancing the extremes, one must not be at all concerned with the extremes or with what has happenned or what might happen.

to reach the center one reaches towards the center, this is because whatever mind considers is approached, so to think of the extremes one triggers them. to think of the center is to go there.

balancing extremes becomes the balancing on center or it won't work.

Edited by redgreenvines (12/15/04 01:55 PM)

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Mental Intensity [Re: ]
    #3503964 - 12/15/04 02:25 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I'm litlle different in that, I looooooooooove the thoughts going on in my head. I wish I had ten minds to entertain them all. If I drop them down into the emotional body, it's more like a fear of, I won't know how my enmotional body assimilated them all and I feel like I am missing out on something. beyond that, when my mind is hyper active, the other fear is, if I drop the thoughts and let it all go calm, I will get mentally bored.

That's where the mental stimulous addiction comes in. It comes and goes in waves though.

But when I let it all drop, I don't feel mentally bored, I feel the calm and peace and it's sweet, but then after a while it's like now what or catch myself just spacing with nothing going on that I am aware of? Thats disorienting. Maybe being mentally intensive is a control thing.

Not in a bad way. I mean it in that when you are calmed and at peace mentally, you are sort of in a free float in the void. Then you catch yourself floating and feel like shit I'm gonna fall and then look for a thought to grab onto.

Obviously, I am just playing around with whats going on subconsiouly when I am not cognitive about moving in and out of the waves of being in mental calm and mental activity.

Emotional pain I don't deal with to much. If it comes up, I address it and get to the source of what irrational screwy thoughts I was thinking to bring them on. Always results in laughing over it.

Def,

He he, I know what you are saying. I had to come from a place of being in it so I could share stuff others could relate to we could have a topic of disccussing what most every experiences with themselves and others.

Its like psyka said, which I really appreciated, if you stay in perfect land all of the time, there is no reason to ever talk with anyone. I did that for years and wanted to join the human experience with others again. I think a big part of the purpose for us being here is that of relating the physical experience to one another.

Skorp, bling bling indeed that is a riot! I want a poster of it!

Anyway, emotions to me are only scary in the sense of how powerful they are. If I let myself feel some stuff for too long, I may recolor the planet with my paint brushes. When I get passionate about something, I am like 20 frieght trains. I don't want to change the world or anyone for the better. I really don't care.

Most of the time, I have really good feelings and when in them, I ant EVERYONE to feel good. The kind of good where you want to run and leap and yell from a mountain top, "I LOVE LIFE!"

If you havn't noticed, most people are annoyed by happy joyfilled people. I have a difficult time toning down my wattage emotionally as well. Happy joyfilled people who express it in word and action are deemed obnoxious.

I started off on a joyfilled happy people message board. It got raided by this internet spamming group call something awful (they were funny) Comments were made like, what are you people so happy about? and "How can you people be so happy all of the time?" The outside world seems to view being happy and joyfilled in word and action as if you are a freak of nature.

Maybe thats the problem I was leading too. How does one tone down metal or emotional wattage so as not to scare people. When I am low, those types scare me.

Maybe I am just an extremist. I should do extreme sports for my adrenaline rushes again like I use to. I'm a junkie dammit. There is so much to get high on in life.

Yes, I have an RX-8. I know what the comercials mean by zoom zoom now. zoom zoom.

Don't you guys love life? Ahahahahahahahahaha. Maybe thats my beef. I don't like having to tone down myself because other people can't handle high wattage even though I understand why they don't. I need a private island full of extreme sports toys.

Someone get the pepto bismol, before I go all happy on this board.  :lipsrsealed:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

jiggy
Female User Gallery

#3503985 - 12/15/04 02:31 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Some ones gotta get my polar opposite grumpy back in here to keep it balanced out or pleasssssssssse ban me until he comes back. I am liable to infuse this board with more love light then it stomache! He's like my pepto bismol.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
    #3504016 - 12/15/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

"Its like psyka said, which I really appreciated, if you stay in perfect land all of the time, there is no reason to ever talk with anyone. I did that for years and wanted to join the human experience with others again. I think a big part of the purpose for us being here is that of relating the physical experience to one another."

I agree, I barely talk with other people :smile:. Buuuut, that is mainly due to the fact that my personal values do not align with what many seem to feel pressured into coforming to in this joke of a society :smile:. That is why I feel the desire to change our species collective worldview, and once again unite with human interaction, rather than plastic, sterile puppets :cool:

(not to try and sound arrogant, but I really find this 'society' to be quite artificial and drone-like :laugh:)

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3504018 - 12/15/04 02:45 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I think I seen you going down Causeway brushing y0 teef at around 7:15 this morning. Dunno though.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Mental Intensity [Re: psyka]
    #3504044 - 12/15/04 02:50 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

I was sleeping till 11:30 and havn't left the house yet.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#3504054 - 12/15/04 02:52 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

Just checking. I saw the blond hair, the RX-8 (which I rarely see) and was like hmmm...? Guess my ninja intuition was wrong.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind

jiggy
Female User Gallery

Re: Mental Intensity [Re: deff]
    #3504087 - 12/15/04 02:56 PM (19 years, 4 months ago)

def, I totally feel ya and hear ya on that.  :thumbup: It's when I have to socialise with others for my daughters social interaction that I have to deal with it. When she grows up and moves on, hubby and I are taking the sail boat to Figi.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom